Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Yes i am staying in vegas. I made some plans with icicle bear to visit the boulder canyon snd maybe area51. But we'll have to figure out which days

Ok cool. Since I land so early on Saturday, I plan to waste a good amount of time as everyone who went to Friday's show will probably be partied out. I'm down to meet up with whomever as soon as anyone is awake though. It seems like the central area of the strip might be good for meeting up on Saturday since a lot of people are staying in and around that area. I'll be more than happy to hit up one of the seemingly hundreds of CVS locations on the strip to grab a lot of cheap beer.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Estranged1 said:

LOL.  Plus it's Vegas- I put it in overdrive in Vegas....go hard all 4 days....I can recover sitting in my office the next week.

Agreed. Thats what my full days of flights on Thursday and Sunday are for, recovery lol!

Crushing blow with flights today. So I just paid for that package, which had my flights come about to about $330 a piece. Kind of evened out with our hotel, which was a great deal, since we didn't think our flight would get lower. Today, the flight is down to $250, an $80 difference which would have been a nice chunk to save. Not gonna harp on it, cause of course it'll be nice to be now staying in the place where most others are right on the strip, but the fact that I just paid $1,033 instead of my initial $920, which NOW would have only been $870... makes my package a little more annoying. And of course all of this happened 40 hours after I booked my package, JUST outside of the 24 hour refund policy. Gotta love this trip lol!

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Agreed. Thats what my full days of flights on Thursday and Sunday are for, recovery lol!

Crushing blow with flights today. So I just paid for that package, which had my flights come about to about $330 a piece. Kind of evened out with our hotel, which was a great deal, since we didn't think our flight would get lower. Today, the flight is down to $250, an $80 difference which would have been a nice chunk to save. Not gonna harp on it, cause of course it'll be nice to be now staying in the place where most others are right on the strip, but the fact that I just paid $1,033 instead of my initial $920, which NOW would have only been $870... makes my package a little more annoying. And of course all of this happened 40 hours after I booked my package, JUST outside of the 24 hour refund policy. Gotta love this trip lol!

Doesn't hurt to call. They may help you out

• Like 1

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Doesn't hurt to call. They may help you out

Called Expedia and they said the flight is not theirs anymore even though I stressed its a package. They said they could only help with the hotel (cause I told them thats not the problem cause thats still a great price), and give me the number to my airline who can solve all my needs there. I really tried pushing them but they said outside of the 24 hour refund policy its really the airlines call on flights and Expedia for my hotel. So I call Spirit airlines. On hold for 40 minutes lol. Go to their site, and as expected I can cancel... for a cancellation fee of $220 ($110 for each ticket), as well as a $72 charge for non carrier cancelling or something. So in total, it costs $300 to cancel, which means I get back half of my flight (they reimburse my card with $330 instead of the $630 I spent in total). Not worth canceling, and there is also a FAQ section that says Spirit doesn't price match if it goes down, just as they wouldn't expect you to pay more if your flight goes up.

Kinda sucks, but honestly I know better than to keep checking prices. At this point, my flight and ticket expenses are locked in and hotel probably won't move much. I might as well just get on board with the costs instead of still trying to save. The package kind of sealed I'm locked into this.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:
20 hours ago, Estranged1 said:

LOL.  Plus it's Vegas- I put it in overdrive in Vegas....go hard all 4 days....I can recover sitting in my office the next week.

Everyone who goes to Friday's show will he partied out? You haven't met me yet.

Oh I'm the same way, I just don't expect everyone else to be that way lol. I just didn't want anyone to think I'd be getting off a plane at 10am on Saturday expecting anyone else to be up and ready to party.

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

You haven't seen them since 2002?

I haven't seen them since 1992 myself.  Sorry I refused to go see Axl and friends posing as a glorified GnR cover band basically.  I also haven't seen Slash, VR, Duff in any of his bands or Adler.

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Man, you missed out on some great gigs tsinindy 

Maybe...but I think you're a bit younger than me....i probably shouldn't be such a jerk about Axl doing what he tried to do after everyone else left.  But at the same time it just wasn't the same (to me).

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm considered a younger fan. Authenticity or not, I have seen some great gigs out of all of them. The "name argument" has been done to death on here over the years so don't worry about it. I also was at the Hall of Fame, sucks Axl bailed but it was still a cool weekend

12 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, I'm considered a younger fan. Authenticity or not, I have seen some great gigs out of all of them. The "name argument" has been done to death on here over the years so don't worry about it. I also was at the Hall of Fame, sucks Axl bailed but it was still a cool weekend

No worries.  Some of it just perspective and I fail to account for the perspective of the younger fan.  That's awesome you went to Cleveland.  I watched that live on a pirated feed.  They were great (even though I do not like the way Myles songs personally).