Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

1 minute ago, Estranged1 said:

Good luck.  Spirit is such a gamble (pardon the Vegas pun).  Plus don't you have to pay for a bag and a seat and to use the bathroom and to look out the window etc....?  I'm exaggerating slightly but you should weigh the 'extras' involved with Spirit vs a normal airline.  Plus the red eye factor.  I call all that the 'aggravation factor'. 

I fly out of Vegas Sunday evening and arrive in the UK 9am Monday. With transfers I get home at midday. That's fucking red eye! :lol:

Just now, Dazey said:

I fly out of Vegas Sunday evening and arrive in the UK 9am Monday. With transfers I get home at midday. That's fucking red eye! :lol:

Well I forgot about the crazies (I say that in a good way) that are flying in from all over.  These shows are gonna be insane.  Maybe Axl should be the one wearing the ear plugs.  What if he goes on a rant about us being too loud?  LOL

45 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I fly out 9 am Sunday morning, which by Vegas standards is a red eye....:lol:....sort of sucks but my son's birthday is the next day so I wanted to make sure to be home well before then.

45 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

It's $25 for my bag each way, so it'll be an extra $50. So $150 more for Southwest or I could save the money and just do Spirit which is what I guess I'll probably end up doing.

My friend and I are doing Spirit to Vegas. Same as you, flying out of BWI, although we're leaving Thursday but arriving on that same overnight flight home Sunday night. In all honesty, there was nothing as cheap as them even though people tried hard to say it was worth a different airline. I guess if you have the money, it is probably better, but after everything my friend and I had spent we just didn't. Its worth taking the risk and dealing with a terrible flight. Apparently you don't HAVE to buy seats. You can buy the ticket and just get a random seat when you get to the airport but I can't 100% confirm that. In whatever case, we currently have plane tickets as part of our Expedia package which doesn't include seats. For luggage, we are both just bring small backpacks for clothes. I tried to convince my friend that we bring a duffle as a carry on and we each pay the cost one way but he preferred this way. And if it works, thats some nice money to save.

2 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Actually I see now we probably wouldn't be taking the same flight home. Looks like there's multiple overnights and the 8PM is cheaper now than the 11PM, which is what we're taking cause it was the cheapest a few days ago.

I only saw the 11pm not an 8pm. I'll have to look again.

And I could do Southwest but I'm trying to save as much as I can right now for if/when they decide to announce more shows I want to do.

13 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I only saw the 11pm not an 8pm. I'll have to look again.

And I could do Southwest but I'm trying to save as much as I can right now for if/when they decide to announce more shows I want to do.

I just guessed the 8PM one because the 11PM one, for quite awhile now, has been $195. So I didn't know where you were getting your $208 round trip from unless the flight on Wednesday was essentially free lol.

As for saving money, I hear you on that front. Its the whole reason I started the thread! Which is why I just figured I'd chime in cause my friend and I just went through this specifically with the Baltimore airport. For awhile, our round trip (Thursday to Sunday night/Monday morning) was $277. Last week it went up to $301, so we both got a little panicked (the Sunday overnight flight went from $149 to $195), which is when I started looking for Expedia deals to kind of find something that might even out all our costs. Right after I get the package, a round trip directly through Spirit went from $301 to $250, the cheapest we'd seen. Of course we were pissed but I tried my hardest to get a refund but knew we couldn't. So thats just been our whole saga with this. I don't know what you've been experiencing or plan to do.

But yeah, we essentially got the sorta cheap Spirit flight, despite all the reviews. We're not paying for bags, we're not paying for seats. If this is how we have to save money, we will. As long as we're on the flight and it makes it to and from Vegas, it'll be a shitty few days of traveling but I'm all for it since our actual stay in Vegas will be rather relaxing with a nice hotel and some GNR reunion shows.

• Like 3

For anyone who's only going to one of the 2 GnR shows, but are in LV for the weekend, there are a couple other cool shows I've found.

For the guitar weenies, the 'Generation Axe' tour (Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, Yngwie, others) is at the Joint at Hard Rock on Saturday.

And Jerry Seinfeld is at Caesars on Friday and Saturday.

I just bought Seinfeld tickets for Saturday. FYI, I've been looking at these for a couple weeks now, and just today there were more of the 'cheap' seats released (previously single seats only). And they are dead center, good as it gets for the nosebleeds. And the more I think about it, you could probably see Seinfeld and still make it to see GnR haha. (Seinfeld starts at 7:30)

Also...hope this isn't inappropriate to post here. Just thought I'd share.

Tesla will also be performing in Las Vegas on April 9th.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/tesla-las-vegas-nevada-04-09-2016/event/17004F74D8C62850?artistid=736277

Tesla were Geffen label mates with GNR and have a sound close to Aerosmith/Led Zeppelin/AC/DC.

If you are a fan of classic hard rock like Guns N' Roses and have nothing to do on April 9th in Sin City, I recommend Tesla!

I have seen the band five times and have always left the venue feeling energized! If I didn't have tickets for Guns night #2, I would definitely catch Tesla.

In fact I am disappointed that Tesla will be performing in Vegas on the same night as Guns N' Roses! If Tesla were performing on April 7th or 10th, I'd definitely catch them live!

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Moved to 2 posts above to this thread. This can be the catch all thread for Vegas help in general since pretty much everyone going has their flight & hotel set now.

Can you update the title then please Russ? :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

Is anyone staying Sunday night?

I'm in at 10am on Saturday and flying out at 11pm on Sunday. I'd love to grab some dinner with anyone who's available on Sunday night seeing as I won't really need to head to McCarran until 9/930

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm in at 10am on Saturday and flying out at 11pm on Sunday. I'd love to grab some dinner with anyone who's available on Sunday night seeing as I won't really need to head to McCarran until 9/930

what do you you do with your bags and crap all day if the hotel wants you out @ 11am?

2 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

what do you you do with your bags and crap all day if the hotel wants you out @ 11am?

All the hotels will keep your bags for you for the day. I'll only have a back pack anyway, so I'll probably just keep it with me. However, for anyone else with luggage, you can leave them at the checkout desk at any of the hotels and they'll hold them for you til whenever you want to pick them up. 

• Like 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

All the hotels willing keep your bags for you for the day. I'll only have a back pack anyway, so I'll probably just keep it with me. However, for anyone else with luggage, you can leave them at the checkout desk at any of the hotels and they'll hold them for you til whenever you want to pick them up. 

cool man- i'm used to check out time leaving - i didn't realize this was possible

2 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

cool man- i'm used to check out time leaving - i didn't realize this was possible

I didn't know about it either until I was working in Vegas a few years back. Ever since I found out, it's changed everything about my trips there. 

Nowadays what I do is catch a flight back around 11 or 1130 that way I get an extra full day in Vegas. Then I can pass out on the plane and because of the time change, I wake up at home around 6am, so the jetlag usually isn't as big of an adjustment. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I didn't know about it either until I was working in Vegas a few years back. Ever since I found out, it's changed everything about my trips there. 

Nowadays what I do is catch a flight back around 11 or 1130 that way I get an extra full day in Vegas. Then I can pass out on the plane and because of the time change, I wake up at home around 6am, so the jetlag usually isn't as big of an adjustment. 

i was looking @ flights and the return trip was at like 8pm, i didn't want to carry my bags around all day with me so this is great information to have. still not sure if i'll be there or not

• Like 1