Forum Upgrade Thread - Report/Discuss Problems Here

downzy

I was wondering what the Member Map is.

I've tried clicking on it a few times in the past days, but I always get this message:

The area you are attempting to access is currently offline. Please try again later.

Error code: 2S100/4

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I was wondering what the Member Map is.

I've tried clicking on it a few times in the past days, but I always get this message:

The area you are attempting to access is currently offline. Please try again later.

Error code: 2S100/4

It's something we are working on for the upcoming tour. It's not ready as yet.

• Like 1

When Im at work, whenever I try to open the site from my mobile, it loads and after 2 seconds it takes me to another website called tradexhange and then to some other site, I have tried this a few times from work and it has always happened, same thing happened when I used my Tablet. 

I am using an Iphone 5 with Safari and the tablet I have is Surface 2. I usually don't take my laptop to work, so I don't know if it works with my laptop or not.

At home its working fine on everything.

Any Idea what could be the reason? 

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

When Im at work, whenever I try to open the site from my mobile, it loads and after 2 seconds it takes me to another website called tradexhange and then to some other site, I have tried this a few times from work and it has always happened, same thing happened when I used my Tablet. 

I am using an Iphone 5 with Safari and the tablet I have is Surface 2. I usually don't take my laptop to work, so I don't know if it works with my laptop or not.

Try clearing your cache and see if that helps. 

8 hours ago, Slash787 said:

It's very hard to know for sure, but what you're describing sounds a lot like a "DNS Hijack" if it's happening on more than one device and it only happens when you're at work. It's kind of like a virus being installed on the router itself.

It's easy for someone who can access the router to fix (either change the DNS settings to point to 8.8.8.8 (google DNS) or wipe the router and set it up from scratch again), but depending on where you work that may or may not be possible.

1 hour ago, highvoltage said:

It's very hard to know for sure, but what you're describing sounds a lot like a "DNS Hijack" if it's happening on more than one device and it only happens when you're at work. It's kind of like a virus being installed on the router itself.

It's easy for someone who can access the router to fix (either change the DNS settings to point to 8.8.8.8 (google DNS) or wipe the router and set it up from scratch again), but depending on where you work that may or may not be possible.

That sounds scary, but it used to work fine before the upgrade, I did access this site from work before and this never happened. All the other sites are opening perfectly. 

If you could tell any other site which may do the same thing when i try to access this site so I can check if it happens or not with it whenever I go to work. 

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

That sounds scary, but it used to work fine before the upgrade, I did access this site from work before and this never happened. All the other sites are opening perfectly. 

If you could tell any other site which may do the same thing when i try to access this site so I can check if it happens or not with it whenever I go to work. 

No idea on other sites sorry. I'm sure if you browse enough sites you'll find another one it does this with though.

If it's affecting multiple devices and only at one location, that more or less tells you the problem is at that location rather than something at our end.

I found a thread where someone mentions the specific issue you're having (tradeexchange redirect) and a DNS hijack is the top suspect: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3qj2h3/every_time_i_try_to_access_a_site_it_re_directs/ 

2 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

No idea on other sites sorry. I'm sure if you browse enough sites you'll find another one it does this with though.

If it's affecting multiple devices and only at one location, that more or less tells you the problem is at that location rather than something at our end.

I found a thread where someone mentions the specific issue you're having (tradeexchange redirect) and a DNS hijack is the top suspect: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3qj2h3/every_time_i_try_to_access_a_site_it_re_directs/ 

Thanks, I will try to change the DNS, but will it effect anything else? The camera's at work is connected to the router, so I hope it doesn't changes the settings of that. 

Another thing since the past few hours, the site is lagging for me, I have to keep on refreshing the page for something to show up and there is no problem with my speed at the moment, any lags for you?

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Thanks, I will try to change the DNS, but will it effect anything else? The camera's at work is connected to the router, so I hope it doesn't changes the settings of that. 

Another thing since the past few hours, the site is lagging for me, I have to keep on refreshing the page for something to show up and there is no problem with my speed at the moment, any lags for you?

Oh, you have access to the router at work? 

The "correct" DNS settings to use are really whatever your Internet provider gives you; 8.8.8.8 is just a failsafe a lot of people use if they don't know what it's supposed to be.

It shouldn't affect your cameras, just take note of what was there before changing it. If you have any issues, just change it back.

Use 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as secondary DNS. 

2 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

Oh, you have access to the router at work? 

The "correct" DNS settings to use are really whatever your Internet provider gives you; 8.8.8.8 is just a failsafe a lot of people use if they don't know what it's supposed to be.

It shouldn't affect your cameras, just take note of what was there before changing it. If you have any issues, change it back. Use 8.8.8.8 as primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as secondary DNS. 

Thanks I will try whenever I go to work. 

Is the site at the moment lagging for you? 

7 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

What the fuck. Haha. Nope I can't post in that thread and now when I try to reply in this thread random quotes from that thread show up as if I'm trying to quote them and I can't delete the quote boxes only the quotes. It's like Im frozen out of certain threads. 

On 3/2/2016 at 5:44 AM, tbaugerud said:

And now it's allowing me to reply in here just like normal. I have no clue what was going on in my post above but I couldn't post without those quote oxes trying to quote those guys from another thread

Oh and it mereged my reply haha

2 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

is there a way that i could set that i will not see  when my ignored posters quoting my posts?

No, it's not a feature.

While I don't think this thread is the appropriate place for the rest of your post (I'd think about editing it before a mod sees it TBH) - just like real life, there's no way to make people you don't like disappear.

Can I suggest you just send the person that's bothering you a PM and politely ask that they leave you be? 

It's realize it's not always going to work, but 90% of the time you'll find it's a quicker path to a resolution than trying to get the staff involved and calling them out publicly.

2 hours ago, highvoltage said:

No, it's not a feature.

While I don't think this thread is the appropriate place for the rest of your post (I'd think about editing it before a mod sees it TBH) - just like real life, there's no way to make people you don't like disappear.

Can I suggest you just send the person that's bothering you a PM and politely ask that they leave you be? 

It's realize it's not always going to work, but 90% of the time you'll find it's a quicker path to a resolution than trying to get the staff involved and calling them out publicly.

1. ok

2. really? i NEED to edit MY post, because another poster can't get off my back? :lol: 

3. I will not send him any PM, because he is clearly obsessed with me so it's worthless. It was proven in the past...

Thanks for the reply, though