Sixx:A.M. To Release New Album 'Prayers For The Damned' April 29th

Funky.Monkey

Revolver TV's Chris Enriquez interviews DJ Ashba from Sixx:A.M. at the Schecter Guitars 2016 NAMM party!

Feb 18, 2016

DJ says "we have two albums, it's heavy shit, really heavy. Huge guitar work on it, I'm really proud of it. The whole thought is let's put out a fucking record and let's not stop touring. Just hit every major festival. I believe (it will be released) in August sometime. The single is coming out I think March 1st. It's actually our heaviest album, it's the opposite of Modern Vintage. We went back to what we're really good at."

Edited by Funky.Monkey

On 3/1/2016 at 11:54 AM, Towelie said:

I think the trouble with Sixx:AM is the singer. James Michael sounds like he should be fronting a bad Christian rock band.

This Rise single is exactly what I dislike in music.  Soft, tame, lame too radio friendly or something I donno but it is not for me

• Like 2

I havn't cared much about SIXX:AM since the 1st album and to be honest bought that due to reading the book. I think the singer is a good singer but to me he isn't anything special for a Rock band, he doesn't stand out as a lead singer. Nikki is always just going have fans wanting Motley Crue and my interest with Ashba has kinda went due to leaving Guns N' Roses 

Watch Official Lyric Video For SIXX: A.M.'s 'Rise' Single 

"Prayers For The Damned Vol. 1" track listing:  01. Rise 02. You Have Come To The Right Place 03. I'm Sick 04. Prayers For The Damned 05. Better Man 06. Can't Stop 07. When We Were Gods 08. Belly Of The Beast 09. Everything Went To Hell 10. The Last Time (My Heart Will Hit The Ground) 11. Rise Of The Melancholy Empire   

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-official-lyric-video-for-sixx-a-m-s-rise-single/

6 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

Watch Official Lyric Video For SIXX: A.M.'s 'Rise' Single 

"Prayers For The Damned Vol. 1" track listing:  01. Rise 02. You Have Come To The Right Place 03. I'm Sick 04. Prayers For The Damned 05. Better Man 06. Can't Stop 07. When We Were Gods 08. Belly Of The Beast 09. Everything Went To Hell 10. The Last Time (My Heart Will Hit The Ground) 11. Rise Of The Melancholy Empire   

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-official-lyric-video-for-sixx-a-m-s-rise-single/

holy hell is that horrible music, just awful stuff

Edited by paranoyd androyd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spliff said:

is there such thing as a good christian rock band?

No, they're all naff. But there's bad Christian rock bands and then there's bad Christian rock bands.

17 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

Here's an interview with the band.  They plan to release over 22 songs by the end of the year.

DJ Ashba barely talks at all. He was like that in TMS interview with Axl, but I just figured he knew his place and that nobody was interested in what he had to say. But even sat next to these two wally's he's practically mute. Is he really that shy?

On 3/3/2016 at 4:01 PM, SSHGUNS said:

I havn't cared much about SIXX:AM since the 1st album and to be honest bought that due to reading the book.

Yeah, I actually like Heroin Diaries. They probably should have just stopped there. It worked, making a soundtrack to the book. Everything since then has been modern rock radio blahness.

• 5 weeks later...