Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

6 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

To be honest, Frank sounds really really good with Duff and Slash. The band sounds great.

Melissa killing it on the sub-bass!! :headbang:

She does look great and definitely gives some fresh air to the reunion, I think it's really interesting

That's why they kept Frank in the band, he's a great drummer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MYWIFEMYLIFE said:

Getting Izzy back would be the most rational thing.

1- he's the founding member who created the GNR sound most.

2- he's the common ground for all fans, every gunner loves him, that'll attract all nay sayers always looking for an excuse.

3- his stage presence with axl n slash is phenomenal. only keef/mick may top axl/izzy, nothing can top izzy/slash.

4- if we want an album there must be izzy. you no the reasons...

5- i believe steven will be back, and getting izzy back will complete the reunion, people will stop the speculations and focus into the band and we'll all live happily ever after :D

I don't see either Izzy or Steven coming back full time.   

I do think its possible there was a guest role for Steven to come on and play 1 or 2 songs like Izzy used to do.    Maybe that will still happen.   But Frank was always meant to be the band's drummer for this tour.    He's been rehearsing with the band since January.

3 hours ago, danijel00 said:

I'm pretty sure he's pointing at the camera guy :D

I was there at the show. When Axl pointed it was to Lenny Kravitz. I'm in the welcome to the jungle clip with the white backwards hat on. That is definitely Jim Carrey saying that and laughing. I believe that it was Andrew Dice Clay recording he was next to Dice and image.pngon his left was Nicholas Cage. But on Its so easy Axl and Lenny had a cool exchange. The one filming the most and nonstop was Kate Hudson. Security was all around and obviously didn't care about the celebs. She must have great footage because she was non stop filming.  

• Like 1

So at the end of Paradise City Axl threw the mic into the crowd. I'm 6'4 and he threw it fast but I jumped and just tipped it with my fingers. So close!!!!! It actually then got caught by a friend of Colin Hanks right in front of the bar area. 

12 minutes ago, HubbaBubba said:

Even the sound crew are grinning like morons. Good vibes all round!

Hopefully we get a badass Blu-ray and live album out of this. Seems like there is a good chance of it, especially since Axl brought his "A" game vocals.

47 minutes ago, Leivis said:

recording staff gathered at the Troubadour

e7157ae3-68b7-477d-98e3-c825f41bc7e3.jpg

To think that some people can watch the whole show right now if they want to...

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

Very satisfied with everything I've seen. It's quite obvious that Axl rehearsed for this gig. Listen to that Jungle. He usually spends the first few shows of a tour warming up, but now he's already in the zone.

Now gimme Better and CD clips.

That's the effect of Slash regrouping

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, rft2003 said:

I was there at the show. When Axl pointed it was to Lenny Kravitz. I'm in the welcome to the jungle clip with the white backwards hat on. That is definitely Jim Carrey saying that and laughing. I believe that it was Andrew Dice Clay recording he was next to Dice and image.pngon his left was Nicholas Cage. But on Its so easy Axl and Lenny had a cool exchange. The one filming the most and nonstop was Kate Hudson. Security was all around and obviously didn't care about the celebs. She must have great footage because she was non stop filming.  

they wouldnt be doing a sound check past 10 p.m with fans in the club already

16 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Pleasantly surprised with all this!

Also, is it just me or uncle Axl looks really fucking great? Of course he's aged and all that, but he looks like Axl Rose for the first time since 2010 in all those pics.

It's amazing what a difference a little less bloat and chopping the moustache off did. It helps that he's not covered in fifty hats and shades as well. He truly looks like Axl again.

7 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Pleasantly surprised with all this!

Also, is it just me or uncle Axl looks really fucking great? Of course he's aged and all that, but he looks like Axl Rose for the first time since 2010 in all those pics.

Definitely not only you. He's Axl again for the first time in 23 years. The same smiles, the same energy, the same confidence, the same passion. He is finally at home with his family and he's happy!!!

And I'm happy for him. It used be so sad to watch him disinterested, disengaged, often clearly depressed, hiding behind the ridiculous glasses and hats and looking as if he didn't know what he was doing on the stage or why he was doing it. 

It's really incredible how this guy that you had to really strive hard to ever see or recognize any Axl in him miraculously became the old Axl again. He might be older, slightly fatter but you can see it is really him!

2 hours ago, Leivis said:

Not in this lifetime

12670823_1039814896092478_3263330067089479022_n.jpg

Out of all of the pictures of bands in the world, this is definitely one of them.

Every new picture I see still gives me goosebumps. Hell, even looking at pictures I've already seen is doing it. I did not think I would ever see this. Good god, is it a great time to be a fan of this band!