Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

I’m cautiously optimistic that he'll be able to consistently sound as good on this tour as he did Fri night.  But that was a shorter set and he knew there wasn't another show for a whole week.  The upcoming tour won't always have big breaks in between shows to recover and they will probably be longer shows with songs like Civil War and Estranged.  I'll be happy either way just cuz Slash is there now and Axl is in such a better mood.  But its clear to me when he's doing Mickey its not cuz thinks it sounds better or that he can't do rasp...he just can't do rasp the whole show and not damage his voice.  I just hope we can all be understanding of that. 

I do wonder though why he can't do none rasp, but classic Axl sounds like on Since I don't Have You.  Its all rasp or Mickey now.  Maybe its that mid range is gone like koldweather said. 

13 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet. But I'm pretty sure Frank messed up the WTTJ intro. Looks like he came in about half a beat late, and Slash goes over to get back synced up.

We talked about it the second video came out.

• Like 1

Yeah, he sounds good hear.  He looks bored though.  Watching these old vids, its just like he's thinking, "what the hell am I doing?", the whole time.  I really look forward to seeing how he performs this when he's got Slash with him.  He's also quite a bit thinner here.  With as good of shape that Duff and Slash are in, maybe Uncle Axl will shed a few pounds...just get healthy brah!

50 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet. But I'm pretty sure Frank messed up the WTTJ intro. Looks like he came in about half a beat late, and Slash goes over to get synced back up.

He's also playing a bit too fast

2 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

When and how did this Uncle Axl thing start up? It sounds over familiar and odd to me.

Kinda like when a girl calls her boyfriend daddy or something.

Seeing a bunch of guys say Uncle Axl all the time, is weird.

I think it has something to do with the intro video for the Rock In Rio show back in 2001.. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I think it has something to do with the intro video for the Rock In Rio show back in 2001.. 

Well I wasn't about for any of that. I just remember not being on the forums for a bit, then coming back and posters were saying Uncle Axl. I thought they were crazy Axl fans taking it to a new level.

15 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Well I wasn't about for any of that. I just remember not being on the forums for a bit, then coming back and posters were saying Uncle Axl. I thought they were crazy Axl fans taking it to a new level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

2:40 is an example of his higher mid range, I mean he takes that note really high and stays in perfect tune. That's really what's missing. That and check out Sailing 2006 he has a great high range there that isn't Mickey 

This is amazing. One of my favorite vocal performances