Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

5 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think there are a few VIPs up on the balcony, whose phones were left alone, have more footage. Kate Hudson was reported as filming most of the show. It's unlikely any of these people are going to stick it on YouTube though.

Maybe if somebody kidnapped them... :jerkoff:

1 hour ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

Out of curiosity and because I haven't seen it talked about: did they actually start playing on time?

Just as said on ticket - somethimes after 11PM :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asia said:

Yeah, it's been posted. What I wonder about is where is that photo? Was there no journalist or professional photographer there at all? I mean, it's not even inside the club.

Kat Benzova took that photo, so she has it!!!

Maybe it will appear on the official website soon. And yes, there were photographers inside the club as well but I don't know why the pics are not coming out yet :/

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

I think there are a few VIPs up on the balcony, whose phones were left alone, have more footage. Kate Hudson was reported as filming most of the show. It's unlikely any of these people are going to stick it on YouTube though.

Kate Hudson had only a few Snapchats. That's it.

9 hours ago, Asia said:

Yeah, it's been posted. What I wonder about is where is that photo? Was there no journalist or professional photographer there at all? I mean, it's not even inside the club.

I was there when that was taken - security was being really douchy about it. There was a pointed where they parked a car and turned on the high beams at us trying to make us leave.

In any case, what happened was: Axl arrived in one of the black Escalades. Slash and Duff were in the Gibson bus. They got together quickly, took that picture and went inside for the show.

Now here's what's interesting, and I don't know if someone mentioned this before: there was a point when someone from the GnR staff walked outside with a professional camera rig (it was a camera and some sort of steady cam rig) and filmed us for a few seconds. Talked to us for a few seconds, got some shots of us shouting Guns N Roses, etc, and then he went back inside. So I'm assuming that's their own film crew for whatever purpose - probably a future documentary on the reunion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Darkew said:

I was there when that was taken - security was being really douchy about it. There was a pointed where they parked a car and turned on the high beams at us trying to make us leave.

In any case, what happened was: Axl arrived in one of the black Escalades. Slash and Duff were in the Gibson bus. They got together quickly, took that picture and went inside for the show.

Now here's what's interesting, and I don't know if someone mentioned this before: there was a point when someone from the GnR staff walked outside with a professional camera rig (it was a camera and some sort of steady cam rig) and filmed us for a few seconds. Talked to us for a few seconds, got some shots of us shouting Guns N Roses, etc, and then he went back inside. So I'm assuming that's their own film crew for whatever purpose - probably a future documentary on the reunion.

Thanks for the explanation! When was that that they were going in? Does that mean that Axl, Slash and Duff arrived at the same time?

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

Thanks for the explanation! When was that that they were going in? Does that mean that Axl, Slash and Duff arrived at the same time?

You're welcome. No - Slash and Duff spent a long time inside the Gibson tour bus with a ton of other people. Eventually, those two black Escalades arrived bringing Axl and his entourage. At this point, Slash and Duff stepped out of the bus, and we saw on that video what happened: they took that picture, and went into the club.

It seems that it was business as usual: Slash and Duff hang out separately from Axl and the other band members, and get together to perform. At least that's what watching the pre-show movements made me conclude.

1 minute ago, Darkew said:

You're welcome. No - Slash and Duff spent a long time inside the Gibson tour bus with a ton of other people. Eventually, those two black Escalades arrived bringing Axl and his entourage. At this point, Slash and Duff stepped out of the bus, and we saw on that video what happened: they took that picture, and went into the club.

It seems that it was business as usual: Slash and Duff hang out separately from Axl and the other band members, and get together to perform. At least that's what watching the pre-show movements made me conclude.

Axl was never into entertaining guests before the show, he's doing all the preparation shit while Slash and Duff have always taken this time to have some social life with whoever was around so that doesn't surprise me. Also probably watching Axl training his vocal ranges or having massages isn't that very interesting.

Wonder why they spent that time in the bus instead of in the club though...

8 minutes ago, Asia said:

Axl was never into entertaining guests before the show, he's doing all the preparation shit while Slash and Duff have always taken this time to have some social life with whoever was around so that doesn't surprise me. Also probably watching Axl training his vocal ranges or having massages isn't that very interesting.

Maybe because of the pic? That must have been pre-planned..

36 minutes ago, Asia said:

The "backstage", or lack there of, is exceptionally small at the Troubadour

4 minutes ago, sunnsational said:

I literally typed "Axl placed himself" first but went back and re-worded it. You're probably right. I thought I might be reaching thinking that....

If Kat was taking the picture, it's for something official. Given how they're advertising things at this point, having those three front and center is a must for any promotional shots.