07/14/16 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field

downzy

18 hours ago, metalms said:

Just tried to upgrade thru ticketmaster and was told all that was available are GA tix for a cost... I am seated in the 100's level. interesting to see what the attendance will be like.

Same response that I got. I am in section 116 and the upgrades to the floor were still at $100 more per ticket.  May try back tomorrow to see if that comes down.

I am LIVID!!! I bought two tickets during the presale, Sec 120, R3.  Face value of $250 each plus fees.

I checked TM today just to see what seats were still open, since I heard some people were getting their seats upgraded for free....  

Well apparently the official face value on my Sec 120 tix dropped to $150 each!  And that's NOT through resellers, that official event pricing for standard tix!

TM was less than helpful when I called to ask what was going on.  No refund, no upgrade, not anything! So now I'm out over $200 essentially for being an excited GNR fan and hopping on the hype train.  I feel like I've been taken for a scam. It must be even worse for those who bought into the Nightrain club BS.

/end rant

1 minute ago, gilbyrocks said:

I am LIVID!!! I bought two tickets during the presale, Sec 120, R3.  Face value of $250 each plus fees.

I checked TM today just to see what seats were still open, since I heard some people were getting their seats upgraded for free....  

Well apparently the official face value on my Sec 120 tix dropped to $150 each!  And that's NOT through resellers, that official event pricing for standard tix!

TM was less than helpful when I called to ask what was going on.  No refund, no upgrade, not anything! So now I'm out over $200 essentially for being an excited GNR fan and hopping on the hype train.  I feel like I've been taken for a scam. It must be even worse for those who bought into the Nightrain club BS.

/end rant

I feel for you.. The ticket prices for this tour were way above value.. It was disgusting. I got screwed too.  And screw all the assholes that who were insisting that these prices were justified and market value when tickets went on sale. You know, the assholes that think Gn'R can do no wrong and get butt hurt when you criticize the band for anything. It was their biggest fans that got fucked over in this one.. Now casuals and any other douche can pick up a ticket for 1/4 of the price we paid. There were $280 tix for my show for $75 bucks yesterday on stubhub and prices are dropping... This is for a show that was supposedly "Sold Out".. Then they go and release thousands of tickets right on ticket master. 

10 minutes ago, gilbyrocks said:

/end rant

What's going on is that the best floor seats are now down to $250, so I upgraded from my seat in 107 to 14th row on the floor for only another $100.  Trying not to think about the $500 tickets we had in Washington thanks to the fan presale, that were going for much less than that right before the show.  :thumbsdown:

40 minutes ago, LoyalFan said:

What's going on is that the best floor seats are now down to $250, so I upgraded from my seat in 107 to 14th row on the floor for only another $100.  Trying not to think about the $500 tickets we had in Washington thanks to the fan presale, that were going for much less than that right before the show.  :thumbsdown:

Yeah, they didn't even offer a $100 upgrade, because I had already paid the exact same price (at the time) for the Sec 120.  They didn't even offer to move me to the floor at all.  I'd expect 3rd party/resale prices to fluctuate, but this is my first time seeing official TM pricing drop in 20 yrs of concert-going.  Can't believe I was actually considering the VIP package for floor seats during the presales.  Checked today and there's 2 front row floor Slash-side available w/o a "VIP" package.

So here’s what I’m hoping for tomorrow night:

Paradise City

Perfect Crime

Out Ta Get Me

Locomotive

The Garden

Jungle

Wild Horses w/Gilby

Knockin’ (w/LOTS of Reggae)

Shadow of Your Love

Reckless Life

Matt Sorum drum solo

Garden of Eden

Patience

Don’t Cry

November Rain

Sweet Child

Right Next Door to Hell

Estranged

Encore

Crash Diet

Breakdown

The Seeker

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I feel for you.. The ticket prices for this tour were way above value.. It was disgusting. I got screwed too.  And screw all the assholes that who were insisting that these prices were justified and market value when tickets went on sale. You know, the assholes that think Gn'R can do no wrong and get butt hurt when you criticize the band for anything. It was their biggest fans that got fucked over in this one.. Now casuals and any other douche can pick up a ticket for 1/4 of the price we paid. There were $280 tix for my show for $75 bucks yesterday on stubhub and prices are dropping... This is for a show that was supposedly "Sold Out".. Then they go and release thousands of tickets right on ticket master. 

I have to agree.  Those of us who purchased tickets thru the presale got screwed.  They obviously over estimated the demand for these tickets.  Not sure it was intentional, but that doesn't make the sting any easier.  I think if all of us waited until the last minute, we would have got a  better deal and that is exactly what the "casuals" did.  I blame it on my initial exicitement so sadly I have to eat the difference, but I definantly learned a lesson on this one :facepalm:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Exit7a said:

Paradise City

Perfect Crime

Out Ta Get Me

Locomotive

The Garden

Jungle

Wild Horses w/Gilby

Shadow of Your Love

Reckless Life

Matt Sorum drum solo

Garden of Eden

Patience

Don’t Cry

November Rain

Sweet Child

Right Next Door to Hell

Estranged

Encore

Crash Diet

Breakdown

The Seeker

I think you are the only one on these boards who actually wants to hear the Seeker,,,;)

• Like 2

Just now, metalms said:

I think you are the only one on these boards who actually wants to hear the Seeker,,,;)

I only put that one in since the whole list was a joke in the first place. All joking aside, I've heard it on this tour and it's not that bad live. Of course there are a ton of other songs I would rather hear, but it's not terrible. 

• Like 2

Just now, Exit7a said:

I only put that one in since the whole list was a joke in the first place. All joking aside, I've heard it on this tour and it's not that bad live. Of course there are a ton of other songs I would rather hear, but it's not terrible. 

gottcha! :lol:  Of course all of us have those songs we want to hear but know they will never play.  Joke or not I would love to hear breakdown 

10 minutes ago, metalms said:

gottcha! :lol:  Of course all of us have those songs we want to hear but know they will never play.  Joke or not I would love to hear breakdown 

I love Breakdown. One of my favorites to play live. 

I am 52. Never saw them together back in the day (always something came up). I always said next tour. LOL. That was many moons ago. I did see Axl and his G n R band but it was not the same w/o The Slashter. Me and 3 of my buds are heading up tomorrow night. I am freaking jacked. This is finally the "next tour". Giant stadium is a real possibility next weekend if the boyz kick ass in Philly. I have a feeling that they will turn it up a notch tomorrow night. Have fun alls !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by garyinnj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, metalms said:

I have to agree.  Those of us who purchased tickets thru the presale got screwed.  They obviously over estimated the demand for these tickets.  Not sure it was intentional, but that doesn't make the sting any easier.  I think if all of us waited until the last minute, we would have got a  better deal and that is exactly what the "casuals" did.  I blame it on my initial exicitement so sadly I have to eat the difference, but I definantly learned a lesson on this one :facepalm:

Same here. My issue is this is going to be my first stadium show after all these years. I'm usually in no rush to buy since Stubhub. Won't be making the same mistake nor will I pay for a fanclub that over 3months still hasn't delivered all my merch

2 hours ago, Exit7a said:

Paradise City

Perfect Crime

Out Ta Get Me

Locomotive

The Garden

Jungle

Wild Horses w/Gilby

Shadow of Your Love

Reckless Life

Matt Sorum drum solo

Garden of Eden

Patience

Don’t Cry

November Rain

Sweet Child

Right Next Door to Hell

Estranged

Encore

Crash Diet

Breakdown

The Seeker

That's Don't Cry (alt), right? :P

I didn't even realize until a few months ago that I saw two consecutive GnR concerts 4 years apart. I was at the NYC show the night before the Philly riot and then 4 years later at Hammerstein on the first night. Saw them in Vegas in April and I can't wait for tomorrow.

• Like 2