Rate the studio albums

Since the secret show and tour have been announced I have been listening to Guns N Roses non stop and I'm sure most of you have been too..

So let's rate the studio albums

Mine would be...

1. Use Your Illusion I

2. Chinese Democracy

3. Use Your Illusion II

4. Appetite For Destruction 

5. Lies

6. The Spaghetti Incident?

How about you guys?

Edited by PsychoKiss344

I will refrain from my personal bias and try to rank them based off quality. 

1. Appetite

2.) UYI 2

3.) UYI 1

4.) Lies

5.) Spaghetti

6.) Live Era. (it wasn't really live)

Edited by Nintari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nintari said:

I will refrain from my personal bias and try to rank them based off quality. 

1. Appetite

2.) UYI 2

3.) UYI 1

4.) Lies

5.) Spaghetti

6.) Live Era. (it wasn't really live)

This is about my ranking too.

UYI II is sort of my personal fave but I can freely admit AFD is the better album.

Chinese Democracy is a thing unto itself, it's best not compared with the Guns N Roses albums.

• Like 1

1. Appetite

2. Chinese

3. Illusion I

4. Illusion II

5. Lies

6. Spaghetti

UYIs have lots of bloat, although some of my all time favourite songs are on those two. AFD and CD are just more consistent. Lies would probably be higher if it wasn't for the first four songs.

Edited by IkaruFunk

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Probably will be locked but here's mine anyways:

1.) Appetite For Destruction

2.) Chinese Democracy

3.) UYI II

4.) UYI I

5.) GNR Lies

6.) The Spaghetti Incident

thats the order i would rate them in

1. Appetite 10/10 (best hard rock album ever)

2. Lies 9/10 (if it was longer, it would have been almost as good as Appetite. I take off 1 point for length, and because 2 of the 8 songs were covers. They are great covers though.)

3.UYI 2 8.7/10 (Great album, but My World does drag it down slightly, as does Shotgun blues. YCBM and Civil War are what makes it better than UYI 1 IMO)

4. UYI 1 8.5/10 (almost as good as UYI 2, and better in some places. Had the live version of DTJ made it on this album, I would probably rank it a head of 2. More diverse than 2, which is a good thing.)

5. CD 7.8/10 (despite it not being a REAL gnr album, it has some really GREAT moments. No Slash, and the back to back turds of Riad and Scraped bring it down a notch from the Illusion albums. But still solid album overall). 

6. TSI 7.5/10 (very underated cover album. Axl and Slash have NEVER sounded better than they do here. So that really makes it worth giving it proper respect. The song selection IS a little weak at times. I would trade 1 or 2 of the punk songs for a couple more hard rock songs, that would have made this album GREAT imo, better than CD.)

1 minute ago, CardinalGunner said:

I do think if UYI I and UYI II were one album with some of the filler removed, it would be a better album than CD.

Possibly better than Appetite. Ton of great material on UYI. Just needed better editing of track listing for each one along with more bare bones production quality (no need for silly sound effects, etc) and they both would have been 10/10 albums IMHO.