THANK YOU forum members by take care of each other!

1 hour ago, PITBOSS said:

I bought a beer for @Subtle Signs , tried to get @ZoSoRose to come over for a shot and i think i spotted thomas meadow?, but basically failed on actually meeting up and matching up usernames with faces. Still had a great time and got plenty wasted. We really need mygnr shirts with usernames on them for these events

Now that's an idea

2 hours ago, PITBOSS said:

I bought a beer for @Subtle Signs , tried to get @ZoSoRose to come over for a shot and i think i spotted thomas meadow?, but basically failed on actually meeting up and matching up usernames with faces. Still had a great time and got plenty wasted. We really need mygnr shirts with usernames on them for these events

Like this you mean? :P

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2016 at 10:10 AM, Gilla999 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself - coming all the way from the UK on my own was a little daunting, but you guys were the icing on the cake of literally some of the best days of my life. From randomly discovering I was sitting next to @downliner on the plane ("Hang on - are you Will?!") to discovering I was next to (I think) @SmackMaster511 in the will call queue ("OMG - you're Dolphin Guy!") on one side and Madison on the other, the world seemed like a bit smaller a place for a few days. Thank you @Dazey and whoever first posted the MGM deal here, as until then I had resigned myself to not going and without those flight and hotel deals that were shared I would have had no chance. ( @Dazey did you make it home yet? :rofl-lol: )

Thanks to @ZoSoRose for the tequila, @Nalbi for looking after me while I sobbed like a baby during Patience and thank you to  @gunsfanoldie @OmarBradley @axlmorris @Derby Greg and the others whose screen names I still couldn't manage to learn after 4 days for sharing the entire experience with me - you guys are awesome.

After waiting 23 years to see GnR it could have been a massive anti climax but I can hand on heart say my expectations were surpassed. Being second or third from the barrier on that Friday night is something I will never forget (remembering "We're gonna try something now...." followed by that Coma heartbeat still gives me a rush).

Roll on NY in July......................

12973138_10153929233487247_3581539923299576433_o.jpg

12983279_10153929229867247_6138010778164756079_o.jpg

Damn this looked like a fun trip. LV+ GnR ftw. Anybody going to be in LA at Dodger Stadium on 8/18? I'm having trouble sleeping thinking about it.

On 5/22/2016 at 10:28 AM, NovemReign said:

Damn this looked like a fun trip. LV+ GnR ftw. Anybody going to be in LA at Dodger Stadium on 8/18? I'm having trouble sleeping thinking about it.

It was the best ever  - so good that I still have Vegas blues 6 weeks after returning! Not going to LA, but a few of us are making the trek overseas again to NY... literally cannot wait 

• Like 1

On May 24, 2016 at 11:22 PM, Gilla999 said:

It was the best ever  - so good that I still have Vegas blues 6 weeks after returning! Not going to LA, but a few of us are making the trek overseas again to NY... literally cannot wait 

LA mysteriously showed up on the tour after all. We knew Vegas was in the cards but I was wondering why LA was left out all along. This is their home. 

3 minutes ago, NovemReign said:

LA mysteriously showed up on the tour after all. We knew Vegas was in the cards but I was wondering why LA was left out all along. This is their home. 

.....And I have this feeling something special is going to happen at LA.... Kinda wishing I had held out and booked that instead of Metlife....

Hi guys,
I’m kinda new here, although I registered in 2006. I just wanted to say hi and a few words about me – sorry if this is not the right thread. I’m from the Czech Republic and been a fan since 1992. Originally I was at cd.com (and newgnr even before), but that’s basically dead and/or full of t.r.o.l.l.s now. I’d been coming here for a long time, but it was only now I thought I should finally register (again).
On my way here I made a little detour through HTGTH, which I’d known for a long time as well. But I gotta tell you, it was largely a mistake. You are basically not really allowed to express your opinion unless it’s 100% positive and bright and exultant all the time. It doesn’t matter how many positive posts you might have made about Axl or the band – once it’s not perfectly positive all the way, you’re automatically stigmatized as a hater and are disrespectful of the band, blah blah – because these people think and act in a strictly black-and-white way; there is absolutely nothing in between, you’re either with them, or you’re against them. You either write only positive things or you’re a negative t.r.o.l.l. Jarmo and his minions rule their fascist forum with a goddamn iron fist. He apparently feels the urge to control every single thread, and woe is you if you write something he doesn’t approve of! Over the time, I’ve learned that he’s basically a sad pathetic little man who apparently thinks he is if not god, then at least a regular GN’R member – although in reality he’s just a little stupid freak with a website.
Anyway, that’s behind me, sorry for the negativity, let’s be positive here! I’ve been lurking here now and then, and this forum seems to be the best one in the market anyway! Just the coverage of Axl/DC itself is overwhelming. What I appreciate the most – beside the tons of information etc. – is the freedom of speech here (and I definitely don’t mean negative trolling, that obviously sucks).
So I hope for some good times here!

Hello to all,
Jamillos

Also, I wanted to say: can you imagine how anyone would react two years ago if you told them what was gonna happen? It’s like:
Hey, Guns are gonna reunite!
- Yeah, right. Not in this lifetime, didn’t you hear Axl?
Seriously. And Axl is gonna front AC/DC.
- Are you stoned or somethin’?
And he’s gonna sound like he hasn’t since 1993!
- Dude, seriously, go to bed…

For me, these are the most exciting times since 1992. Other years were cool too – 2006 and 2010 in particular – but 2016 is just absolutely mind-blowing.
Great times to be a GN’R fan!

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1