THANK YOU forum members by take care of each other!

6 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

and thank you for this forum, ruled in such a pacific way.

I've had 2 great nights here, friday and saturday, following the shows with all the fans! :)

Right on! I'm hoping others share their stories from the meetups. I was looking forward to that part, but I actually had even more fun than I imagined.

Since most of us were unable to go to Las Vegas magic was created here....it was a really special thing to be on forum, to watch the shows on stream,to comment,...

Very special feeling, unique I must say, being together and participating in something we've disscused here feeling low and dissapointed for so many years!

(some actively, some less, but atmosphere wasn't good)

Now, happiness is all around...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Well as many of you enjoyed at Vegas, many of the other fans including me got up early (I went to work 3 hours late) or stayed awake the whole night to watch the live streams.

Would love to meet some of you if im able to go to any of the GNR shows in the future.

A BIG THANK YOU TO FEDE, RICK AND APRIL KAGAN! 

I'd love it if you could make it over to Detroit for a show someday.

• Like 2

It was great following all of your exploits in Vegas this weekend. I got really into the band when I started listening to classic rock radio in middle school, and joined this place shortly after hearing SCOM and Jungle on the radio for the first time. As much as anything else, being active in this place has sustained my love of the band through the dark days of 2002-2006, and it was awesome to see the community find itself in the real world to celebrate the return of the greatest hard rock band ever. Sorry I couldn't be there, but I hope there'll be meetups like this throughout the tour.

This forum is better than the other one.

• Like 2

I think what made it special was everyone came together, it didn't matter what version of the band you liked more, everyone just took it for what it was, on the one end an epic show that we could all watch, but also a moment between two people that very few EVER thought would happen again.

The fact that everyone in the band stepped up (especially Slash and Axl) also helped to make this these concerts legendary. If Axl went through the motions it may have sullied it just a little, but whether or not he had too much "mickey" or whatever, few can deny that he wasn't doing his best.

So well done to everyone, the band and the forum members who made that crazy early start on Saturday (4.30am) worth it!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gnfnrs1972 said:

Thanks to all that recorded the concerts and uploaded them. They are good actors if this is only a cash grab tour.

You're welcome for my part in the upload deal :) and let's not bring the cash grab discussion into this thread please :lol:

I'd love to buy a ticket, unfortunately I live in the UK. At least Wembley stadium isn't that far from where I live, and as long it the whole thing doesn't implode rapidly, I think its a 100% certainty they will do a show here at some point in the next 12-18 months.

38 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

I'd love to buy a ticket for Detroit and other places so I could meet some of you, but unfortunately, being a teenager with a low budget I can't afford it :/

I feel your pain man. I was a teenager during the Illusion tour era and just never was able to get around to seeing them, which I eternally regret. Saw them in Columbus in '02..fun but not the same. I'm determined not to miss this one. Already have tickets for Detroit and will probably try for Cinci as well.

• Like 2

As someone who lurked on this forum for years before making an account. Id just like to say that the past few months, and especially this weekend have been fucking awesome. The atmosphere on here has improved dramatically(as expected) and its generally been alot of fun to be a part of the madness that is Guns N Roses with all of you.

Couldnt make the Vegas shows as Ive been too strapped for extra cash due to my Impending graduation from College in about a month, But hopefully I can catch a few shows in the summer here in my home state of Cali and in New York possibly, and I hope to meet some of you fellow forum members out there and enjoy the spectacle of the whole thing. 

2 hours ago, AslatIE said:

I'd love to buy a ticket for Detroit and other places so I could meet some of you, but unfortunately, being a teenager with a low budget I can't afford it :/

Ask if you could have it for a birthday present or early Christmas Present.:lol: We may not have this chance again.

16 minutes ago, axlsend said:

Ask if you could have it for a birthday present or early Christmas Present.:lol: We may not have this chance again.

Well either way I'm fucked, my birthday is in October :lol:
I'll just save up and pray to the Lord above that there's a European tour.

Edited by AslatIE

I've been on this board a long time and a fan even longer. On here we have sat out years of nothing, band mates and fans falling out but last weekend was awesome. Those of us not lucky enough to go were all willing those there a fabulous time and while you were there we created our own fun with the help of Fede and other kind souls who spent their time recording the gigs (if I had been there I know I wouldn't have, I would have been selfishly watching the gig) which helped us on the board witness what you lucky devils were experiencing. Although not there it was exciting, emotional and fun and that is down to the great folk here. I know there have been fallouts over the years but last weekend we all remembered what we are here for ............Guns n Roses!

• Like 1

I spent Friday night in the chat room as I watched the first Vegas show streaming. People were sharing links, keeping each other in the loop, and screaming holy fucking shit when the opening bars of Coma played.  Second best to being there. Nice way to spend a night.

• Like 1