05/07/16 - Lisbon, Portugal - Passeio Maritimo De Alges

downzy

4 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Except they did it at least twice. She was complaining about them multiple times. I think it would be cool if Axl said at each show that they're dedicating it to Brian, Malcolm, and Bon. 

But he didn't, so I'm not sure what's so wrong with fans chanting the name of a beloved band member for the past four decades. It's not like they were chanting "axl sucks" or anything. 

42 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I guess I take a slightly different view..i went into the vegas show not being totally certain on if he could pull it off..and then was totally blown away, my expectations were exceeded..I guess you weren't, and that's fair..did you really stand there and notice/care him screwing up lyrics tho? I bet you did not do that if you saw them in 91 or 92! and I think that's the difference with being a fan when we are young, and an older mature one..we are much more accepting of our bands flaws when we are younger don't you think? and being of the ahem,"older" generation, I (too easily) made myself think like a 20yr old again for these shows and I think in general we can't expect anything to be as good as when it was fresh and new..and I almost don't like to watch any of the videos b/c it is very easy to lose sight of how good they were live when you are watching poor quality video..having said that, these clips are fantastic. Which just makes me even more excited for some more great gnr shows.

I definitely noticed him screwing up lyrics as I was singing along the whole show lol. I remember not thinking he sounded that great during the show as well. I noticed but I didn't let it ruin the show or anything. It was a very special night. I go to a lot of shows and when I see a good one, I always go back and watch you tube videos of it. Cell phones are so advanced these days that you can get some pretty high quality videos. Hell you can go back and watch old bootleg footage that was filmed on crappy camcorders and if the performance is good, you can tell.  I see a lot of great live band and I just didn't think I saw one that night. It was still a great time and show if that makes sense. But that was more because of all the factors surrounding those Vegas shows. I think the magic of people seeing Axl/Slash and Duff together again for the first time will carry them through this tour even with their flaws. 

Anyway... enough about that.. This is the Axl/dc section and he nailed it today.. ;)

Please axl,  please give us a new gnr álbum.  That voice, slash, duff, fortus, a little help from izzy for a couple of songs and adler for another two,  and we got ourselves the "new testament" of this rock bible we call guns n roses

A couple excerpts:

And Axl? To use the parlance of TV talent shows, he nails the songs. From the opening Rock Or Bust it's obvious he can "do" Beano. He follows it up with a searing Shoot To Thrill, before a swaggering, confident romp through Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be shows he can "do" Bon too. By the end of High Voltage his good foot is pumping up and down like a jackhammer as he flips the mic from one hand to another, and as Hells Bells climaxes he's screaming so hard your fear his throat might explode through the top of his leather-hatted head. He even ad-libs, dropping "Portuguese thighs" into You Shook Me All Night Long. It's an astonishing, tour-de-force performance, and he looks like he's genuinely having fun.

And if the evening couldn't get any more bewildering, a chant of "Axl! Axl!" rises from the crowd, but he corrects the unruly mob with a modest, "you mean Angus."

So what the hell is going on? Is this a new, humble Axl, about to unexpectedly breath life into an ageing band while working angles on his own redemption? On this showing, it really feels like it could work.

And he did it from a chair.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Amir said:

I love this part 

So what the hell is going on? Is this a new, humble Axl, about to unexpectedly breath life into an ageing band while working angles on his own redemption? On this showing, it really feels like it could work.

And he did it from a chair.

• Like 4

Angus and Axl have to be pleased with how it went. The crowd gave Axl a chance and didn't throw shit at him as some of us feared. The whole band kicked ass and it seems Angus' decision to bring in a bunch of reporters from Guardian, Billboard, Classic Rock Mag, etc is paying off big time in very positive reviews. He must have been very confident based on rehearsals that they could turn around all the negative publicity that was swirling around for the last couple months. 

Edited by GNRfan2008
  • Like 2

The reason TNT isn't as appealing is Axl is singing it closer to the album Bon version. It's kinda sung in a cool relaxed way but the instrumentals are more in your face. I think if Axl brought any intensity to the song then you'd all love it but he's trying to stay true to the ACDC album version