05/13/16 - Marseille, France - Stade Velodrome

downzy

58 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

No way...R&R Damnation is fantastic! Powerage is so underrated. The more Bon the better! 

i would put in Touch Too Much, It's A long Way To the Top and get rid of 2 Brian Johnson songs. and Axl my challenge still stands, learn to play the bagpipes to play on It's A Long Way To The Top !!! :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i would put in Touch Too Much, It's A long Way To the Top and get rid of 2 Brian Johnson songs. and Axl my challenge still stands, learn to play the bagpipes to play on It's A Long Way To The Top !!! :P

Agreed!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

Any video of that yet? That's one of the ones I missed today and one of my favorite AC/DC tunes 

It will probably take a while for that one to get posted because most people that were there won't know it's special.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I know that Bon used to play the bagpipes when he was in school, either in Scotland or as part of his upbringing as an emigre' in Oz. But I think that Axl has enough musical ability to learn the bagpipes to play just one song - if they get a crew of bagpipers in to accompany them it would just be a great visual spectacle (unlikely, but we can always hope).

But, they havent sung it live since 1979, and if the real reason that Angus doesn't do this song is out of respect for Bon then Axl will have to really try hard to convince him. Bring out the Scottish kilt and do a dedication to Bon.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

does that go for you too? about being drunk?:P

I'm actually, as it happens, on the wagon right now.

At concerts it would be a bit odd if a British person had not had a few drinks in them, because, when you think about it, the modern rock concert experience, involving shouting, headbanging and all manner of nonsense, requires one to act very un-British, very uninhabited. So British people have to get drunk to lose these inhibitions. I've never been to a concert completely sober - I have to say haha. It would feel awkward, sitting there trying to act like I was enjoying the thing but tragically failing because of my own British reservations and desire to, ''not cause a scene'' and ''stand out in a crowd''.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

At concerts it would be a bit odd if a British person had not had a few drinks in them, because, when you think about it, the modern rock concert experience, involving shouting, headbanging and all manner of nonsense, requires one to act very un-British, very uninhabited. So British people have to get drunk to lose these inhibitions. I've never been to a concert completely sober - I have to say haha. It would feel awkward, sitting there trying to act like I was enjoying the thing but tragically failing because of my own British reservations and desire to, ''not cause a scene''.

and what about natural British anxiety? you don't get to feel good without feeling bad about it... is it true in any way?

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

At concerts it would be a bit odd if a British person had not had a few drinks in them, because, when you think about it, the modern rock concert experience, involving shouting, headbanging and all manner of nonsense, requires one to act very un-British, very uninhabited. So British people have to get drunk to lose these inhibitions. I've never been to a concert completely sober - I have to say haha. It would feel awkward, sitting there trying to act like I was enjoying the thing but tragically failing because of my own British reservations and desire to, ''not cause a scene'' and ''stand out in a crowd''.

The country that produced the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols, Cream, Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath...yet all this weird obsession with good manners and proper behavior. :lol:

Edited by GNRfan2008

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

and what about natural British anxiety? you don't get to feel good without feeling bad about it... is it true in any way?

Yes, there is a bit of that.

2 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The country that produced the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols, Cream, Led Zeppelin, and Black Sabbath...yet all this weird obsession with good manners and proper behavior. :lol:

And most of them were drunk or doing heavy drugs.

It is not so much a good behaviour thing but something innate, a social anxiety thing. I personally could not be at a concert and go ''whoo whoo'', ''rock man'' and act like a South American, who are the craziest rock fans, or even an American or European, without alcohol. It would just seem odd and I'd feel like a dickhead.

12 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I know that Bon uses to play the bagpipes when he was in school, either in Scotland or as part of his upbringing as an emigre' in Oz. But I think that Axl has enough musical ability to learn the bagpipes to play just one song - if they get a crew of bagpipers in to accompany them it would just be a great visual spectacle (unlikely, but we can always hope).

But, they havent sung it live since 1979, and if the real reason that Angus doesn't do this song is out of respect for Bon then Axl will have to really try hard to convince him. Bring out the Scottish kilt and do a dedication to Bon.

I think that would be so cool Axl in a kilt, playing the bagpipes, honoring Bon. I watched that video like 3 times in a row yesterday, it still makes my heart hurt. but oh! that man was such a talent, such a magnetic charmer :wub:

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, there is a bit of that.

And most of them were drunk or doing heavy drugs.

It is not so much a good behaviour thing but something innate, a social anxiety thing. I personally could not be at a concert and go ''whoo whoo'', ''rock man'' and act like a South American, who are the craziest rock fans, or even an American or European, without alcohol. It would just seem odd and I'd feel like a dickhead.

That's exactly it. The sense of feeling like a dickhead. Alcohol makes me much better at the social stuff.

31 minutes ago, BackOffBitch! said:

He accidently said Spanish thighs instead of French thighs during Shook Me All Night Long

I clearly heard "French" thighs cos it seemed weird, one syllable instead of two. I thought he might have gone with  "Marseille" thighs that being two syllables :) 

28 minutes ago, The Archer said:

I know that Bon used to play the bagpipes when he was in school, either in Scotland or as part of his upbringing as an emigre' in Oz. But I think that Axl has enough musical ability to learn the bagpipes to play just one song - if they get a crew of bagpipers in to accompany them it would just be a great visual spectacle (unlikely, but we can always hope).

The bagpipes are really hard to learn. It takes a long time and generally has to start in childhood.

• Like 1