Steven Adler to play M3 Festival - 4/29/16

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No....he sent Something on Twitter saying it was true.  I'm trying to find it.

might sound like a silly question but im fairly new to the forum. im going on what eddie money said. is eddie money eddie trunk ? 

• Like 1

Just now, janrichmond said:

thats what i asked the other day, no he ain't.

oh. i got it wrong then. eddie money(whoever he is) said he had spoken to steve(i'm assuming he means adler) and said his back is fine 

12 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No....he sent Something on Twitter saying it was true.  I'm trying to find it.

sorry tsinindy, had a mix up there with 2 different eddies 

18 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Why would Eddie Trunk lie? Why would Marc Canter? Have they ever before about something like this? No.

And  canter and trunk said it looks like this are happening but that they didn't have any confirmation from within the band regarding the reunion rumors, never said it wasn't happening.

And yes, trunk said recently that Steven was fine (as in, not on drugs off the rails) and that the back story is legit. 

Not saying anyone is lying, they just may not have gotten good info...how many people were told by Slash/Duff etc that there was nothing going on? Slash didn't even tell his brother what was up, why would he tell Canter?

I still haven't seen anything where Trunk said the back was legit at all and again, after the Troubadour show the back story was already out but Eddie implied he couldn't discuss the 'real' reasons. He addressed Adler on his podcast last week and - again - no mention of a back injury. Are you calling Eddie Trunk a liar?? ;)

Frankly, all due respect but I don't put much stock in anything Canter says about current events

Edited by Nick Cobraetti

1 minute ago, Nick Cobraetti said:

Not saying anyone is lying...how many people were told by Slash/Duff etc that there was nothing going on? Slash didn't even tell his brother what was up, why would he tell Canter?

I still haven't seen anything where Trunk said the back was legit at all and again, after the Troubadour show he strongly implied otherwise. He addressed Adler on his podcast last week and - again - no mention of a back injury

Adler texted canter about it...he showed a member of this forum the text when she visited his deli a day or two before the Vegas shows.  I believe he also posted something in Canters corner about it.

one of the girls from the iron maidens said he had surgery the day or the Troubador show.

Trunk wasn't at the Troub show, I swear I saw a tweet saying he has confirmed it in Vegas, but I cannot find it.

• Like 2

Adler will play with Guns this summer, there is a list of special event dates to keep GNR in the news. There will be special guest joining at random dates, there will be rare tracks played, there will be controversy and just about everything else you can imagine for GNR. 

The main goal this summer is to keep the tour in the news, and so at some point Steven will be in and Izzy will show up somewhere...probably New York. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Adler texted canter about it...he showed a member of this forum the text when she visited his deli a day or two before the Vegas shows.  I believe he also posted something in Canters corner about it.

one of the girls from the iron maidens said he had surgery the day or the Troubador show.

Trunk wasn't at the Troub show, I swear I saw a tweet saying he has confirmed it in Vegas, but I cannot find it.

Curiouser & curiouser... :blink:

Holy shit. Adler playing with Slash, Duff, and Axl? Whichever of those guys pushed for this (I'm guessing Duff) is an absolute humanitarian. 

Edit. Oops, thought he was playing with GNR. 

Edited by niceguy

11 minutes ago, donny said:

i read on here around the time of the troubadour gig that steve had been rehearsing with the other 3 amigos. was there any truth in that or was it more nonsense ?

Please note that when you say "the other three" you're referring to Frank, Fortus and Melissa.  "The big three" are Axl, Slash and Duff.

And yes, rumor was that he was rehearsing and hurt his back, that's why he wasn't present at The Troubadour.

2 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Please note that when you say "the other three" you're referring to Frank, Fortus and Melissa.  "The big three" are Axl, Slash and Duff.

And yes, rumor was that he was rehearsing and hurt his back, that's why he wasn't present at The Troubadour.

Poor Dizzy...always gets left out...not a big 3, not an other 3.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Nick Cobraetti said:

Not saying anyone is lying, they just may not have gotten good info...how many people were told by Slash/Duff etc that there was nothing going on? Slash didn't even tell his brother what was up, why would he tell Canter?

I still haven't seen anything where Trunk said the back was legit at all and again, after the Troubadour show the back story was already out but Eddie implied he couldn't discuss the 'real' reasons. He addressed Adler on his podcast last week and - again - no mention of a back injury. Are you calling Eddie Trunk a liar?? ;)

Frankly, all due respect but I don't put much stock in anything Canter says about current events

Eddie talks with Steven, regularly text each other. That's a pretty good source ;) Marc talks with Slash and probably Duff too. Good sources. Game. Set. Match. :D

Edited by Tom2112

To me it's clear that regardless of the reason he has been kept out of the shows thus far, the possibility of him returning is still there under the condition that he keeps his mouth shut until that day comes. Adler wouldn't shut up about a potential Guns N' Roses reunion for over a decade. If the band definitively told him he wasn't going to be participating at all he would be ranting and raving all over the place.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Those Ahead sticks belonged to whom?

Matt Sorum was the only drummer who used them, and that was only during UYI. Frank and Adler are both listed as current Vater artists. None of them are listed as current Ahead artists.

http://www.vater.com/#!/artists
http://www.aheaddrumsticks.com/artists-1-page1.html

http://wzlx.cbslocal.com/2016/03/31/matt-sorum-and-frank-ferrer-comment-on-guns-n-roses-drumsticks-photo/