Rumored Concert Date Thread

10 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

What makes the states such a safe place? The shootings that occur every day?

Not safer, per se.. you could get shot anywhere in the world at anytime. That said, at least here ALL of our cops and A LOT of the citizenry can and will shoot back at would be attackers.

4 minutes ago, supercool said:

but the last attacks happened in europe (paris, germany and now belgium).

I am aware of the news...thanks.

1 minute ago, challenger70rt said:

Not safer, per se.. you could get shot anywhere in the world at anytime. That said, at least here ALL of our cops and A LOT of the citizenry can and will shoot back at would be attackers.

lol

8 minutes ago, supercool said:

but the last attacks happened in europe (paris, germany and now belgium).

May 3, 2015: Curtis Culwell Center attack: Two gunmen opened fire outside the Curtis Culwell Center during an art exhibit hosted by an anti-Muslim group called the American Freedom Defense Initiative in Garland, Texas. The center was hosting a contest for cartoons depicting the Muslim prophet Muhammad. Both gunmen were killed by police. A Garland Independent School District (ISD) police officer was injured by a shot to the ankle but survived. The attackers, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi, were motivated by the Charlie Hebdo shooting in France and the 2015 Copenhagen shooting in Denmark earlier in the year. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claimed responsibility for the attack through a Twitter post.[95]

June 17, 2015: Charleston church shooting: a mass shooting took place at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. The church is one of the United States' oldest black churches and has long been a site for community organization around civil rights. Nine people were killed, including the senior pastor, Clementa C. Pinckney, a state senator. A tenth victim was also shot, but survived. 21-year old Dylann Roof was arrested and later confessed that he committed the shooting in order to initiate a race war.

July 16, 2015: 2015 Chattanooga shootings: Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez opened fire on two military installations in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He first committed a drive-by shooting at a recruiting center, then traveled to a naval reserve center and continued firing. He was killed by police in a gunfight. Four Marines were killed immediately, and another Marine, a Navy sailor, and a police officer were wounded; the sailor died from his injuries two days later. The motive of the shootings is currently under investigation.[96]

August 30, 2015: Hospital Bomb Threat in Mississippi: An Iranian national was arrested in Hancock County for allegedly making terrorist threats and assaulting two sheriff's deputies. His actions and threats led to a two-hour closure of the I-10 Interstate near Louisiana state line. Subsequently, the subject was taken to a local hospital, where he's still threatening to kill anyone who isn't a member of Islam or Muslim.[97]

November 27, 2015: Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting: Robert L. Dear, armed with an assault-style rifle opened fire at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic. Two civilians and one police officer were killed, and four civilians and five police officers were wounded before the suspect surrendered. Dear told police "No more baby parts" after being taken into custody.[98]

December 2, 2015: 2015 San Bernardino attack: A mass shooting occurred at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California, with 14 dead and 22 injured. Two suspects, Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, fled in an SUV, but were later killed.[99][100][101][102]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States#2010.E2.80.93present

5 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

May 3, 2015: Curtis Culwell Center attack: Two gunmen opened fire outside the Curtis Culwell Center during an art exhibit hosted by an anti-Muslim group called the American Freedom Defense Initiative in Garland, Texas. The center was hosting a contest for cartoons depicting the Muslim prophet Muhammad. Both gunmen were killed by police. A Garland Independent School District (ISD) police officer was injured by a shot to the ankle but survived. The attackers, Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi, were motivated by the Charlie Hebdo shooting in France and the 2015 Copenhagen shooting in Denmark earlier in the year. The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant claimed responsibility for the attack through a Twitter post.[95]

June 17, 2015: Charleston church shooting: a mass shooting took place at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. The church is one of the United States' oldest black churches and has long been a site for community organization around civil rights. Nine people were killed, including the senior pastor, Clementa C. Pinckney, a state senator. A tenth victim was also shot, but survived. 21-year old Dylann Roof was arrested and later confessed that he committed the shooting in order to initiate a race war.

July 16, 2015: 2015 Chattanooga shootings: Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez opened fire on two military installations in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He first committed a drive-by shooting at a recruiting center, then traveled to a naval reserve center and continued firing. He was killed by police in a gunfight. Four Marines were killed immediately, and another Marine, a Navy sailor, and a police officer were wounded; the sailor died from his injuries two days later. The motive of the shootings is currently under investigation.[96]

August 30, 2015: Hospital Bomb Threat in Mississippi: An Iranian national was arrested in Hancock County for allegedly making terrorist threats and assaulting two sheriff's deputies. His actions and threats led to a two-hour closure of the I-10 Interstate near Louisiana state line. Subsequently, the subject was taken to a local hospital, where he's still threatening to kill anyone who isn't a member of Islam or Muslim.[97]

November 27, 2015: Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood shooting: Robert L. Dear, armed with an assault-style rifle opened fire at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood clinic. Two civilians and one police officer were killed, and four civilians and five police officers were wounded before the suspect surrendered. Dear told police "No more baby parts" after being taken into custody.[98]

December 2, 2015: 2015 San Bernardino attack: A mass shooting occurred at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California, with 14 dead and 22 injured. Two suspects, Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, fled in an SUV, but were later killed.[99][100][101][102]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States#2010.E2.80.93present

i meant isis attacks.

some of the attacks you've mentioned have no connection with isis.

Well - for dead ones and their families it isn't important if attacker was Ahmad from ISIS or some crazy Billy-Bob redneck. Terrorism is unite enemy of every normal person in the world no matter of its origin...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Well - for dead ones and their families it isn't important if attacker was Ahmad from ISIS or some crazy Billy-Bob redneck. Terrorism is unite enemy of every normal person in the world no matter of its origin...

those "normal" persons are not completely innocent... they are living in countries which government' policies are often unfair and violent towards other cultures.

only stones are innocent said hegel.

in Germany the bomb had nothing to do with Isis. it was addressed to a specific person, the man who was driving the car which exploded last week.

Artists from everywhere are coming to play here in Europe. Gnr would be the only ones afraid of coming :D 

in Rome there's no problem. pilgrims are visiting San Pietro every day.  no panic, please

4 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

in Germany the bomb had nothing to do with Isis. it was addressed to a specific person, the man who was driving the car which exploded last week.

Artists from everywhere are coming to play here in Europe. Gnr would be the only ones afraid of coming :D 

in Rome there's no problem. pilgrims are visiting San Pietro every day.  no panic, please

They should swing by Abruzzo too :lol:

Why did we get so off topic in this thread? When I see it active , I get excited, and then find nothing about the topic. I just want the damn dates already. I want to know that I didn't blow my chance to see Axl, Slash, and Duff in Vegas.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, batman007 said:

Why did we get so off topic in this thread? When I see it active , I get excited, and then find nothing about the topic. I just want the damn dates already. I want to know that I didn't blow my chance to see Axl, Slash, and Duff in Vegas.

You haven't. They will definitely play other places. As has been mentioned many times, they didn't reunite just to play 5 or 6 shows. Barring a blow up between members, there will most likely be a tour.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, batman007 said:

This. 

Obviously terrorist attacks are awful and merit discussion, but please just continue the discussion in the Anything Goes section. Thank you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, batman007 said:

Same. And I'm hoping this "alleged" acoustic gig (which I'm penciling in as April 1 until told otherwise) is connected to a press conference similar to what sabbath and motley did. Let's hope the best.. Only another 9 days to go

Even though Adler's original gig was on April 1st, a GNR gig doesn't have to be on that date?

If Steven indeed was brought in to play with GNR, that could be the reason for the cancelation. I see that the Whisky has an opening on April 5 as well.

Just now, gunsfanoldie said:

Whether something actually occurs or not on April 1st, I can already assume its gonna be a fucking madhouse here. Everyone posting "April Fools" stories thinking they are funny. That day is gonna be a nightmare I'm guessing.

With all the rumors we've had lately, it will be "just another day as a GN'R fan"... :lol:

• Like 3