Rumored Concert Date Thread

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

God, how on earth is Metallica any special? The most boring band to announce

Couldn't agree more. For the record, if GN'R had those two bands supporting, I'd show up the latest I ever have to any GN'R show.

1 minute ago, yesfan18 said:

Isn't AEG announcing something at 9

Yeah, but that's something at the Target Center (the arena) I think and most think it's gonna be McCartney.

The openers aren't for hardcore nerds like us though since we'd go no matter who else is playing. It'd be to attract fans who wouldn't necessarily come see GNR but who would go to a stadium show to see the openers. A7X and Volbeat have loyal,younger fanbases. Since this Metallica show is a one off,maybe GNR can still get them.

Edited by Subtle Signs

On 3/11/2016 at 11:19 PM, ManetsUS said:

Wouldn't mind a date in New Orleans.

I can picture Axl drinking a hurricane on bourbon and eating a big bowl of gumbo :P

its been 24 years man! i cant wait for this either 

Edited by KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Boy it really is pulling teeth to get GNR to announce anything. One e bright side only 23 days to go til Vegas :P

I don't think they have anything else solidified to announce.  It's either that or they are following some strange marketing scheme that no one else comprehends.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

I don't think they have anything else solidified to announce.  It's either that or they are following some strange marketing scheme that no one else comprehends.

Well it's definetly a strange marketing scheme. They've been allegedly negotiating this thing for months. Hopefully spirit is right tho and we can get the full tour announced before the end of the week. 

Just now, gunsfanoldie said:

Thats our fault. We knew it wasn't gonna be them and got caught up in the hype. Of course Guns aren't announcing their tour today. We messed up.

It's a side effect of GunsFanExpectationIllness. I've suffered for years.

Just now, Billsfan said:

Well it's definetly a strange marketing scheme. They've been allegedly negotiating this thing for months. Hopefully spirit is right tho and we can get the full tour announced before the end of the week. 

I think @Spirit was basing that on the fact that this gig in Minnesota was GnR, not MET.

Just now, Billsfan said:

This would have been fucking stranger. To announce a random show in Minneapolis to kick it all off? That never made any sense. As crazy as Guns is, the announcement won't be that messed up I don't think.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

It's a side effect of GunsFanExpectationIllness. I've suffered for years.

It was the fact that it was said they could get sued if the screen grab WASN'T Guns. I know it sounded silly, but it just seemed iron clad when I read it on the internet lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

This would have been fucking stranger. To announce a random show in Minneapolis to kick it all off? That never made any sense. As crazy as Guns is, the announcement won't be that messed up I don't think.

That's basically exactly what Metallica are doing- A random show in Minneapolis. 

I am really starting to think the couple of shows that have been announced are to just try out the chemistry and see if they can get along before they completely commit to a large tour.

Also didn't the Conspirators bass player say they were going to record their new album in May or sometime during the summer?

God I hope they are doing a major tour and just havent made the announcement.

4 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

God I hope they are doing a major tour and just havent made the announcement.

They aren't doing this whole regrouping just to do a few shows. If we don't get a tour, its cause it fell apart, not cause it wasn't planned.

We're getting a tour. I think you're right as others have said that they have them down, but won't commit to a tour till they play together. In all honesty, it makes no sense why they wouldn't wait. Promoters should see they can handle being on the same stage especially if they aren't doing interviews and such.