Rumored Concert Date Thread

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I just really like the vibes in the baseball stadium by me. Saw Mecca and The Stones there from nosebleeds and loved it. Saw ACDC in our local football stadium and it was great, but I liked being outside better with all those people. Saw U2 at an out door football stadium too and loved it.

For MASSIVE shows I guess I just like them outside

I gotcha. There's definitely a novelty feeling to baseball stadium shows. Like you've, I've seen McCartney there (that might have been it), and I've seen countless football stadium shows. AC/DC, Springsteen, the Stones. Those I've all managed to get pretty good side lowers whereas for Paul I was across the field. Great for a baseball game! Not desireable for a concert. But there's definitely something cool about seeing a show at a baseball stadium. I guess I also have the benefit though of an open air roof football stadium, so all the stadiums near me have been outside :lol: (including a very memorable pouring rain Springsteen show).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Haha, thanks everyone.

Now, hopefully this turns out to actually be GN'R... or I might have caused the biggest bummer in a while.   ?

Eh I wouldn't sweat it too much if it doesn't happen. You predicted the full tour announcement before the end of the week. Tomorrow is just putting 2 and 2 together, and hopefully it happens but if we still have nothing by the end of the week then I will be disappointed :P

Edited by Billsfan

3 hours ago, tomc102968 said:

I live in central NY and our local dj said that GNR was playing in texas stadium 100,000+ people . just throwing that out there

Yeah, that rumor actually started here through Eddie Money....then Alternative Nation ran an article about it and it made it to the main stream media.

5 hours ago, Spirit said:

Haha, thanks everyone.

Now, hopefully this turns out to actually be GN'R... or I might have caused the biggest bummer in a while.   ?

Haha, don't sweat it. Everyone appreciates what you're doing whether it ends up being GNR or not :)

Only a couple hours to go now! 

Delurking to post something which may be relevant to the topic:

I had a meeting a few days ago with some top executives from T4F Brazil and they casually mentioned to me that GN'R is planned to play Brazil in September. I know there was a journalist who said that before, but I got this from straight from the primary source ;)

I'll be at the dentist the exact time the announcement is gonna be made (9:30am in Brazil) <_<
Anyway, if this is GnR as it appears to be, I hope the band's PR does something special to announce it along with the radio thing
It's not the kind of thing you wanna hear about on the radio. It's too big for that.

4 minutes ago, Original said:

93X just said that "when you think of this band you think of 2 names....and 1 of them will be on at 8:15 AM on Thursday"!    So Slash speaks tokorrow?   

It's 100% them....no doubt at this point 

They just played Mr. Brownstone. DJ just said "what song was that we just played?    What band is that?" 

one of them called another a "sweet child" and referenced another song I can't remember. Now talking about a black leather top hat and curly hair. So these guys are either giving it away or are the biggest dicks on the planet. 

• Like 2

They are holding out the announcement because of that re-positioning thing. Good luck with that. Damn all this crappy management of things AGAIN is seriously decreasing my interest in this semi-reunion. 

8 minutes ago, Teroz said:

They are holding out the announcement because of that re-positioning thing. Good luck with that. Damn all this crappy management of things AGAIN is seriously decreasing my interest in this semi-reunion. 

It's getting announced in about 45 min.

Edited by Kasanova King

7 hours ago, oachs83 said:

You should see it when Winnepeg comes to town to play the Wild.

Maybe not so much lately with the dollar and the season being the way it is, but it's generally cheaper to road trip to see the Wild play the Jets than it is to get good seats to see them play at home. Companies usually offer travel packs that include tickets and everyone hops on a bus and goes together.