Rumored Concert Date Thread

4 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I liked Death Magnetic quite a bit. Also like a lot from Load and ReLoad

Yah I was referring to LOAD when I said 20 years :) 

I actually like that record a lot.  Re-Load has some moments, as does Death Magnetic I suppose.  Could never really get totally into that one myself.

8 minutes ago, Original said:

That's basically exactly what Metallica are doing- A random show in Minneapolis. 

It's because everyone outside of us, Iowa,Wisconsin, and the Dakota's really do think we drive to work in our tractors, eat hot dish, and talk about how warm it is at 3 degrees. Most of those people have never even been to Minneapolis but love to think just because we are not in a Chicago/New York/L.A.  market there is no way ever Minnesota can be the center of a tour announcement. They just can't comprehend that even though we now have probably the most state of the art stadium in the country at the moment that is being built to serve more purposes than football. Hey it made Metallica want to play here and they were suppose to NOT play anywhere til their album was done. There will be die hards flying from all over the country to see them in August. Good thing we have a major airplane hub with Delta in Minneapolis for our little ol town.

2 minutes ago, oachs83 said:

It's because everyone outside of us, Iowa,Wisconsin, and the Dakota's really do think we drive to work in our tractors, eat hot dish, and talk about how warm it is at 3 degrees. Most of those people have never even been to Minneapolis but love to think just because we are not in a Chicago/New York/L.A.  market there is no way ever Minnesota can be the center of a tour announcement. They just can't comprehend that even though we now have probably the most state of the art stadium in the country at the moment that is being built to serve more purposes than football. Hey it made Metallica want to play here and they were suppose to NOT play anywhere til their album was done. There will be die hards flying from all over the country to see them in August. Good thing we have a major airplane hub with Delta in Minneapolis for our little ol town.

I know. Its actually nothing against Minneapolis with all this. We sound stupid by saying it couldn't happen. The whole thing just seemed weird for Guns. A radio station is gonna get first crack at this show? Which basically announces a tour because Minneapolis holds no significance to the band's history and isn't a standalone place like Vegas and Coachella? Its nothing against the city, but I think anywhere outside of a major market is questionable because it would probably mean a tour, which they don't want to announce yet. At least if we were hearing New York, Chicago, LA, it would make sense they were doing a show or small residency there.

23 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I think @Spirit was basing that on the fact that this gig in Minnesota was GnR, not MET.

The whole thing started because I posted what spirit posted on HTGTH. Which was about some legit website creating a category for GNR which they only do for bands that are on tour. So it suggested that the tour would be announced before the end of the week. Then I said that I thought with this announcement coming today and the announcement being imminent that maybe it would be GNR. Then the stations own employees trolled us. And here we are. So this gig is more on me than spirit because spirit only talked about the full tour being imminent

26 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

This would have been fucking stranger. To announce a random show in Minneapolis to kick it all off? That never made any sense. As crazy as Guns is, the announcement won't be that messed up I don't think.

Yeah I mean hopefully it's all at once. I'm not so disappointed about this one. I'm more disappointed that we were kind of teased that it was GNR by their employees rather than them just say "it's not GNR". Hopefully spirits prediction is right tho and it comes before the end of the week.

Just now, Billsfan said:

The whole thing started because I posted what spirit posted on HTGTH. Which was about some legit website creating a category for GNR which they only do for bands that are on tour. So it suggested that the tour would be announced before the end of the week. Then I said that I thought with this announcement coming today and the announcement being imminent that maybe it would be GNR. Then the stations own employees trolled us. And here we are. So this gig is more on me than spirit because spirit only talked about the full tour being imminent

Nah its on nobody. This is what we do. Investigative work. Honestly, the screen grab from Spirit was the key to the whole puzzle. And thats not laying the blame on him, its the Twitter's fault, but THAT was more key than anything in my mind. Everything else, it was us just typically getting carried away.

Here is just a random thought..... let's just say Guns isn't going to do a stadium tour but more an arena tour that holds 20k-30k people and instead of one city one night they decide they will stick around for maybe three nights and have a couple nights on reserve they could add in case tickets sell very well. That being said it would make sense for them to wait a bit due to NBA/NHL playoffs have holds on certain weeks in June/July in case a team makes the playoffs. So maybe just maybe they are trying to wait and see what comes of certain local sport teams and also reserving a full week block on a arena? Again purely just a different angle I thought of no source anywhere.

Edited by oachs83

Just now, oachs83 said:

Here is just a random thought..... let's just say Guns isn't going to do a stadium tour but more an arena tour that holds 20k-30k people and instead of one city one night they decide they will stick around for maybe three nights and have a couple nights on reserve they could add in case tickets sell very well. That being said it would make sense for them to wait a bit due to NBA/NHL playoffs have holds on certain weeks in June/July in case a team makes the playoffs. So maybe just maybe they are trying to wait and see what comes of certain local sport teams and also reserving a full week block on a stadium? Again purely just a different angle I thought of no source anywhere.

I'm on a Springsteen forum and the "NBA/NHL" discussion comes into play a lot when bands are announcing tours. I don't remember what the consensus has ever been about its effects or not. It might be the reason some way, but I do think there's no other reason for this hold out other than they want to play a full show before committing to a tour that could be worldwide embarrassment. I think its really as simple as that. And if Vegas/Coachella works, they have the dates on hold and ready to fire out, regardless of NBA and NHL.

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I'm on a Springsteen forum and the "NBA/NHL" discussion comes into play a lot when bands are announcing tours. I don't remember what the consensus has ever been about its effects or not. It might be the reason some way, but I do think there's no other reason for this hold out other than they want to play a full show before committing to a tour that could be worldwide embarrassment. I think its really as simple as that. And if Vegas/Coachella works, they have the dates on hold and ready to fire out, regardless of NBA and NHL.

Oh right I am just purely speculating or trying to make some sense of this and you are right it could be so simple as their doing 6 shows as a "test run" and will take it from there. Sometimes the stuff right in front of our face is the solution yet we can't see it. It just goes to show how excited and eager we all are to have Guns back as we let the 93x announcement get this huge (If it wasn't for that teaser photo I don't think it would be as big as it got either). I mean I am going to see Guns April 8th and I am so pumped yet it felt like a kick in the gut when 93x said Metallica. Like really I am upset because Metallica is making a special arrangement to come to Minneapolis lol. I have seen Slash about 4 times and Adler's Appetite twice but never Guns n Roses and my "concert dream" will come true in 3 weeks but my emotions still got the best of me when they announced Metallica. Man I love the passion for Guns on this site!!!

54 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I think @Spirit was basing that on the fact that this gig in Minnesota was GnR, not MET.

No, this Minneapolis thing came after.

I thought GN'R was gearing up because TourDesign Creative all of a sudden listed them as clients.

7 minutes ago, Spirit said:

No, this Minneapolis thing came after.

I thought GN'R was gearing up because TourDesign Creative all of a sudden listed them as clients.

Well you said before the end of the week something could happen right? I mean it's only Wednesday..

7 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well you said before the end of the week something could happen right? I mean it's only Wednesday..

That was just a guess.

I have no idea really.

The fact that they (TourDesign) seem to be quite updated in what they do, I thought that adding GN'R meant something would happen very soon.

Yesterday, with the Minneapolis date, all the pieces seemed to fall into place.... haha.

Edited by Spirit

I am curious to see a video promo for this Metallica concert. Will it contain the screen grab with the crowd?

This is from US Bank Stadium's instagram, and by the quality it certainly looks like a screen grab from a video:

12 minutes ago, Spirit said:

That was just a guess.

I have no idea really.

The fact that they (TourDesign) seem to be quite updated in what they do, I thought that adding GN'R meant something would happen very soon.

Yesterday, with the Minneapolis date, all the pieces seemed to fall into place.... haha.

It would for any normal band. This is GNR and clearly it's axls say when everything gets announced. So we should find out sometime before 2019.. Hopefully :lol:

"Soon is the word"

Edited by Billsfan

Just now, Billsfan said:

It would for any normal band. This is GNR and clearly it's axls say when everything gets announced. So we should find out sometime before 2019.. Hopefully :lol:

Haha, yeah.

I think it would be different if we were looking for clues at places that GN'R controlled themselves.

With TourDesign, I would think they have their own procedure in how things are done. When something is given a green light, they update their website with the promo material – I'm guessing.

By the way, I saw that some of the other artists on the TourDesign site also required a customer log-in, could this be a choice for the artists? To not have the promo material out there in the open? Does anyone here have an account with TourDesign? Maybe the GN'R promos are available, you just have to log in to see them...

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Did any of you read that metal news article about the Troubadour booking a private event April 7th and it possibly being the warm up show rumored? 

http://www.metalrocknews.com/2016/03/guns-n-roses-planning-warm-up-event-night-before-las-vegas-show.html

im probably just late on this

Only a week or so ;)