Rumored Concert Date Thread

the fuck is Edinburg?

Next thing you see they'll have a billboard in Laredo haha

I hope it's San Antonio at the Alamodome. Would rather Austin but Austin doesn't have a stadium, just the UT one and they don't do shows there. Of course they can do it at the Formula 1 track like Taylor Swift did but it would be a pain in the ass. 

4 minutes ago, Critical Solution said:

Just some contacts i have within the music industry.... I couldn't get any concrete dates for shows, but I 100% believe everything will be announced Monday.

Awesome news!! Commonwealth Stadium is huge (in fact the biggest outdoor stadium in Canada) and can pack 63,000 people for concerts. This show will be epic!!

Sounds like they'll be playing BC Place here in Vancouver... Thought they'd do Rogers Arena actually. 

Called BC Place and asked when tickets for GNR go sale, and she didn't deny they were coming. She just said: "We haven't actually received a date for ticket sales yet"

• Like 3

^ I was thinking the same about Montreal. Apparently they were also given a lifetime ban from the Olympic stadium because of the GNR/Metallica '92 riot! And if they're filling up stadiums, then the Bell Centre at 20k capacity is quite small, unless they do 2 nights. So do these lifetime bans actually hold

(also btw I saw the 2017 commercial played at a metro station in Montreal on one of those TVs that tells you when the train is coming!)

1 minute ago, Healy52003 said:

Any idea for definite what Irish venue they will play ???

Hoping for Croke Park or Aviva Stadium but have a bad feeling it may be Slane Castle (which is about 45 mins outside Dublin) 

I'm seriously worried about how hard it will be to get tickets when they are released lol. Been thinking the same thing though, badly hoping it's not Slane, not a fan of gigs there or Phoenix. Was hoping so much for a curveball Belfast show sigh. 

6 minutes ago, Healy52003 said:

Any idea for definite what Irish venue they will play ???

Hoping for Croke Park or Aviva Stadium but have a bad feeling it may be Slane Castle (which is about 45 mins outside Dublin) 

All the rumors I have read about Ireland mentioned Croke Park.

43 minutes ago, qwerty123 said:

^ I was thinking the same about Montreal. Apparently they were also given a lifetime ban from the Olympic stadium because of the GNR/Metallica '92 riot! And if they're filling up stadiums, then the Bell Centre at 20k capacity is quite small, unless they do 2 nights. So do these lifetime bans actually hold

(also btw I saw the 2017 commercial played at a metro station in Montreal on one of those TVs that tells you when the train is coming!)

Percival is still active? Seats on the floor should increase the capacity by 5,000.

1 minute ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Percival is still active? Seats on the floor should increase the capacity by 5,000.

Percival is still active, yes. But it's pretty much only used for football games now, and some college soccer. I've never heard of a concert happening there. I don't see a reason why guns couldn't play there, it would just be unusual!

7 minutes ago, qwerty123 said:

Percival is still active, yes. But it's pretty much only used for football games now, and some college soccer. I've never heard of a concert happening there. I don't see a reason why guns couldn't play there, it would just be unusual!

They played Rogers Centre in Toronto and so I really don't seeing them playing an arena at all in Canada. Two nights at one venue is too much time for the number of shows they are doing in 2017. 

Edited by TrixAreForKids

33 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

They played Rogers Centre in Toronto and so I really don't seeing them playing an arena at all in Canada. Two nights at one venue is too much time for the number of shows they are doing in 2017. 

I hope you're right! I mean, Axl played the Bell Centre without Slash. No way is this reunion only worth the same venue size as guns in 2010! :lol: 
This is why I was wondering if lots of $$$$$ can override a lifetime stadium ban ;)