What song would make your Axl Rose dream come true?

My personal top five "Hard Rock" songs of all time has always been filled by Back in Black, Crazy Train, Jungle, SCOM.....and the fifth spot changes all the time. Zeppelin. Something by Queen. Lots of songs have rotated at that 5th spot on the list.

The four songs I listed have a few things in common. You can tell the song from the first note. They all have an amazing chorus. The very first note of BnB and you know what it is. Every teenage boy wants to learn them on guitar. Iconic riffs. And they are songs that come off even better live - arena pleasers. Those songs are perfect hard rock songs  

I don't care that much about hearing Axl sing Crazy, as that song is as much about Randy as it is Ozzy. 

Obviously we know all about Jungle and SCOM. 

So for me, the one song I've always wished that Axl would cover has been Back in Black. 

And to be totally honest, I didn't dream that he would absolutely destroy it like he is on this tour. Maybe I'm just giddy over how amazing he is doing, but I can't stop listening to the different live performances and it has moved into my top 10 Axl performances of all time. Maybe top 5. Nothing will ever beat Axl blowing Tom Petty off the stage tho.

In fact, I think if the boys hit the studio and recorded a version with Axl on vocals and released it as a single, I have no doubt it would go to #1 on the rock chart and be a huge rock hit. 

So what is your dream song to hear Axl sing. If you could be at any band's concert in the world and have the lead singer say "I'm gonna take a break for a few minutes and let my friend Axl Rose come take over vocals for this next song".....what song would you pick?

• Like 1

Back And Forth Again. It was supposed to be a GnR song originally and never became one. It's still a good song and I like it a lot (the best song on Slash's first album imo), but I think as a GnR song and with Axl on it, it could have been amazing.

Apart from that, something completely left field maybe. Maybe a song sung by a woman or something from a genre that is not hard rock or metal even. There's really tons of things I'd love to hear Axl's take on.

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

A pop song or a dance song.

Something from Madonna's discography :P

Just For fun

A Rock version of La Isla La Bonita would be pretty great to hear. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Out of likes but that's brilliant. :rofl-lol:

I wanna hear Axl sing something by Nazareth, his voice is perfect for their songs. Maybe a full cover of Fallen Angel or Love Hurts.

Oh, and Anastasia, You're a Lie and Crucify the Dead.

23 minutes ago, nonok said:

Out of likes but that's brilliant. :rofl-lol:

I wanna hear Axl sing something by Nazareth, his voice is perfect for their songs. Maybe a full cover of Fallen Angel or Love Hurts.

Oh, and Anastasia, You're a Lie and Crucify the Dead.

Love hurts would be really awesome and yeah songs out of Slash's albums would be really cool. Those songs are basically GNR songs, they have that feeling in them. 

Yeah, when he came on that mtv stage with Tom Petty, that moment is just awesome. Evertime Free Fallin comes on the radio, both my wife and me always do it the Axl way hehe. Even we are overshadowing Mr. Petty. Too bad there aint any good video of that somewhere. ( to my knowledge)

• Like 2