Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

The is a picture of Melissa signing numerous lithos from different concerts on her Instagram. The lithos appear to be unnumbered, too. It also appears that the autographs are personalized with messages. The lithos are unumbered, so it seems that such a thing exist.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

1 hour ago, The Holographic Universe said:

The is a picture of Melissa signing numerous lithos from different concerts on her Instagram. The lithos appear to be unnumbered, too. It also appears that the autographs are personalized with messages. The lithos are unumbered, so it seems that such a thing exist.

You must have superhero vision if you could see numbers at that resolution with such a blown out IG filter anyway. Duff signed an Osaka and auctioned it off on Facebook to raise funds for some friends medical expenses and it was numbered #14. The photo is probably still on Facebook and the buyer posted his own photo either on Nightrain or on here. This, at least to me, is confirmation that even the lithos the band autograph and give away to VIPs and friends are numbered. It also confirms to me that the band takes about 30 lithos off the top of every stack - which is what staff have said before and also is a very good reason for why nobody has ever bought a low-numbered litho below #30. The lowest I have is a #32.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

You must have superhero vision if you could see numbers at that resolution with such a blown out IG filter anyway. Duff signed an Osaka and auctioned it off on Facebook to raise funds for some friends medical expenses and it was numbered #14. The photo is probably still on Facebook and the buyer posted his own photo either on Nightrain or on here. This, at least to me, is confirmation that even the lithos the band autograph and give away to VIPs and friends are numbered. It also confirms to me that the band takes about 30 lithos off the top of every stack - which is what staff have said before and also is a very good reason for why nobody has ever bought a low-numbered litho below #30. The lowest I have is a #32.

Dude, there was not numbers on those lithos. There were 3 lithos and none of them had anything but white in the right corner. Even poor resolution would have produced  a discoloration in the corner. Just accept it. the narrative your writing is false.

Your all like a bunch of little kids having a cry over who said what at lunch time or who took the last lollipop get over yourselves what's makes amaninjapan the god of lithographs anyways thruth is unless the band make some statement nobody knows the truth behind any of these in unumbered Lithographs that a floating around on Fleebay 

He's not the god of lithographs but he's done his fucking homework and knows what he's talking about.  He has an extensive collection of these in his own possession that would make anyone an expert.   When it comes to this subject, I trust him over just about anyone.  Especially low post new users going on and on defending an obvious ebay counterfeiter.

Dude, there was not numbers on those lithos. There were 3 lithos and none of them had anything but white in the right corner. Even poor resolution would have produced  a discoloration in the corner. Just accept it. the narrative your writing is false.

Man, you tell yourself whatever you want to believe to justify buying unnumbered lithos. But I stand by everything I say.

NkYtd1B.jpg

Do you know what the definition of blown out highlights is when it comes to photography? Look at the hem of her dress thing... near her crotch. See how you can't even see the stitching? See how her hand and neck are literally WHITE because the white is so blown out? It's going to be near impossible to see numbering. When you overexpose a shot, it goes WHITE. Things that are NOT WHITE become WHITE when highlights get blown out.

For example:

4abd6b07948664251a5cedb91294d278.jpg

The girl's shirt is blue but when you overexpose it and blow out the highlights, surprise surprise, it goes white. The grass behind her is obviously not white but it has become white because it's been blown out. Especially with all the HDR-style filters on Instagram that increase the dynamic range, highlights become superbright and you lose details especially on backgrounds that were white to begin with.

Is it possible those lithos she is signing are unnumbered? Sure it's possible. I don't think they are, but it's possible.
Are there lithos out there without numbers? Maybe. Probably. After all, they have to do test runs.
Do we have conclusive proof that the band members have signed numbered lithos as VIP products? Yes.
Do we know that apart from the handful of shows that had unnnumbered lithos (Foxboro, Bangkok for example), every other show sold numbered lithos? Yes.

Buy what you want to buy, man. Nobody stopping you. But you all know which lithos SHOULD be numbered and they're just not the same. I'm more concern about the fact that if people buy them, they're essentially rewarding that Ebay seller for bad behavior. And we all know that there's almost certainly people out there who are going to double up on that seller's bad behavior by buying his unnumbered lithos, writing numbers on them and then passing them off as concert-bought. Then everybody loses because then you have no idea which is legit concert-bought and which is a reprint. And yes, he can deny that they're reprints but they clearly are. Even best case scenario and he ends up being Arian Buhler himself or one of the other artists - they HAVE to be reprints because we have proof that his Nashville and Atlanta prints (which had printed numbers not hand numbering) had no printed numbers.

But hey, you spend your money how you want - but what he's doing is uncool in my book and I think you deserve better than that for your hard-earned money.

52 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

He's not the god of lithographs but he's done his fucking homework and knows what he's talking about.  He has an extensive collection of these in his own possession that would make anyone an expert.   When it comes to this subject, I trust him over just about anyone.  Especially low post new users going on and on defending an obvious ebay counterfeiter.

All I'm giving is my opinion based on the info I have.

Absolutely best case scenario - the Ebay seller is selling prints that are just the same as the real thing but still mysteriously absent of numbering. CLEARLY not the same as the concert-bought lithos, no transparency or full disclosure on where they came from or how he got them. That's practically caveat emptor defined right there.

Absolutely worst case scenario - the Ebay seller is selling fakes and should be shot out of a cannon into the sun.

Neither situation makes me want to give the seller my money.

I'd rather bug the shit out of a friend who has the litho and ask him to do a high res scan of it for me so I can print it at home for free :P 

Warpig also sells event shirts printed on Gildan and the likes and claims theyre "deadstock". We know guns dont use those shirts for merch so why would there be any form of "official" merch printed on them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Guns-N-Roses-Adelaide-Australia-Event-Shirt-New-Not-In-This-Lifetime-Large-/162614611685?nma=true&si=1CFWlk%2BWCvowNeiozv1HM5y5Y%2F0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Guys a fraud.

3 hours ago, nzgnr said:

Your all like a bunch of little kids having a cry over who said what at lunch time or who took the last lollipop get over yourselves what's makes amaninjapan the god of lithographs anyways thruth is unless the band make some statement nobody knows the truth behind any of these in unumbered Lithographs that a floating around on Fleebay 

God?  Naw.  Expert?  Yes I would consider him beyond anyone else an expert here on lithographs

10 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

Absolutely best case scenario - the Ebay seller is selling prints that are just the same as the real thing but still mysteriously absent of numbering. CLEARLY not the same as the concert-bought lithos, no transparency or full disclosure on where they came from or how he got them. That's practically caveat emptor defined right there.

Absolutely worst case scenario - the Ebay seller is selling fakes and should be shot out of a cannon into the sun.

I'd rather bug the shit out of a friend who has the litho and ask him to do a high res scan of it for me so I can print it at home for free :P 

I apologize for coming off like a dick man. I highly appreciate your contributions to this thread and the positive approach you take. And for the record, I won't purchase unnumbered lithos. All I want is Yokohama anyways. But, if you look closely at ten San Antonio litho on the table you will clearly see the corner has no numbers man. I believed with all the speculation with warping that it warranted to be recognized that there are unnumbered lithos. 

Hey everyone!  I'm new to the group.

I'e got a few GnR lithographs. But I'm looking for the El Paso, TX lithograph. Being retired Army I really like the skelton driving the tank. Does anyone have one for sale? I've got two framed already from the Little Rock, AR and St. Louis shows and I'm also going to Nashville in November. But I would really love the El Paso, TX litho. Thanks for the help.

10 hours ago, amaninjapan said:

I apologize for coming off like a dick man. I highly appreciate your contributions to this thread and the positive approach you take. And for the record, I won't purchase unnumbered lithos. All I want is Yokohama anyways. But, if you look closely at ten San Antonio litho on the table you will clearly see the corner has no numbers man. I believed with all the speculation with warping that it warranted to be recognized that there are unnumbered lithos. 

47 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

It actually does look like it has numbers if you zoom in, but the resolution isn't good enough to say for certain.

I love your posts Holographic Universe, and your contributions to this board, but I respectfully disagree with you here... I think there is strong circumstantial evidence to suggest that warpigs unnumbered lithographs are clear fakes.

If I were the band giving away special lithographs to VIP's, I would want them to be "special" lithographs; and unnumbered lithographs are hardly special. I would give away the lowest numbered ones to special guests (we know for a fact the band takes the lowest numbers for themselves), or have a special numbering sequence just for them. We also know that warpig is selling some lithos without numbers where numbers were added during the print process. That means definitively that they just cannot be the same lithographs made specifically for the show. That is damning evidence in my opinion.

His concert T's are clearly fake and yet he claims that they are deadstock... official merchandise. So you are telling me he bootlegs T-Shirts, but he somehow has an "in" with the band or with the tour coordinator to get all these unnumbered special VIP lithographs to sell for his own personal profit? And he can be traced to a small printing company in Brooklyn NY? Highly unlikely and heavily suspect.

Warpig bootlegs T-Shirts and he bootlegs Lithographs. The band or tour coordinator would not give someone taking money out of their pocket by bootlegging T-Shirts exclusive right to all these special VIP lithographs. That would just not happen.

Look... I get it. It is human nature for people to concoct scenarios to explain how these things just might be real instead of admitting that someone tricked them got the better of them by selling them a high-quality fake, but I think there is enough evidence to suggest otherwise.

It is like the woman who receives a CZ engagement ring, but she somehow convinces herself that it might be real, but still doesn't want to take it to the jeweler for fear that it may shatter the fragile illusion that her brain has created.

That is all...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

It actually does look like it has numbers if you zoom in, but the resolution isn't good enough to say for certain.

I love your posts Holographic Universe, and your contributions to this board, but I respectfully disagree with you here... I think there is strong circumstantial evidence to suggest that warpigs unnumbered lithographs are clear fakes.

If I were the band giving away special lithographs to VIP's, I would want them to be "special" lithographs; and unnumbered lithographs are hardly special. I would give away the lowest numbered ones to special guests (we know for a fact the band takes the lowest numbers for themselves), or have a special numbering sequence just for them. We also know that warpig is selling some lithos without numbers where numbers were added during the print process. That means definitively that they just cannot be the same lithographs made specifically for the show. That is damning evidence in my opinion.

His concert T's are clearly fake and yet he claims that they are deadstock... official merchandise. So you are telling me he bootlegs T-Shirts, but he somehow has an "in" with the band or with the tour coordinator to get all these unnumbered special VIP lithographs to sell for his own personal profit? And he can be traced to a small printing company in Brooklyn NY? Highly unlikely and heavily suspect.

Warpig bootlegs T-Shirts and he bootlegs Lithographs. The band or tour coordinator would not give someone taking money out of their pocket by bootlegging T-Shirts exclusive right to all these special VIP lithographs. That would just not happen.

Look... I get it. It is human nature for people to concoct scenarios to explain how these things just might be real instead of admitting that someone tricked them got the better of them by selling them a high-quality fake, but I think there is enough evidence to suggest otherwise.

It is like the woman who receives a CZ engagement ring, but she somehow convinces herself that it might be real, but still doesn't want to take it to the jeweler for fear that it may shatter the fragile illusion that her brain has created.

That is all...

Thanks for the time taken to explain. I was not aware he was selling gilden shirts as deadstock. That destroys his credibility. It was always pretty sketchy that he had an in on the lithos. But, there is a poster here who claimed he purchased one of war pigs lithos and had an original of the same litho and that poster claimed they were the same I believe. It's funny how the most interesting aspect of this reunion is the lithos. It's like they are our new music. 

15 minutes ago, AussieHrvat said:

of interest, which lithographs are unnumbered.  The Perth Bunyip was unnumbered, yet the Spider from the same show was numbered.  Come to think of it, its odd they had two designs for a single show isn't it?!

Both the Perth Spider and Perth Bunyip are numbered. Check again ;)

5 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Thanks for the time taken to explain. I was not aware he was selling gilden shirts as deadstock. That destroys his credibility. It was always pretty sketchy that he had an in on the lithos. But, there is a poster here who claimed he purchased one of war pigs lithos and had an original of the same litho and that poster claimed they were the same I believe. It's funny how the most interesting aspect of this reunion is the lithos. It's like they are our new music. 

Just by merit of his positive feedback, I have no doubt that they are high quality copies. I suspect he purchases original lithographs and makes copies using his high quality commercial printing equipment. He then offsets the purchase of his legitimate lithographs by selling the fakes and then buys more.

Music is art. Lithography is art. There has been no new GNR music with the core lineup in forever and these lithographs are relatively new to this band. That is why they are so popular. It doesn't hurt that there have been some kick-ass designs along the way.

I don't buy lithos but I had a look at Warpigs account On eBay. His tshirts are not Gilden, I only see official ones that look the same as mine:shrugs:and some of his lithos are numbered, mainly Australian. How does he have 100% positive feedback if he is selling fakes?

I'm not sticking up for the guy just interested in what his story is.

No problem, man. It's all cool.

I admit it's possible they're unnumbered, just that it's impossible to determine that from that photo.

Let's also not forget that several lithos were not numbered until just before sale. I've heard from multiple sources how they had to wait at the merch stall while other people bought shirts, while a staff member numbered the lithos right there in front of them.

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I don't buy lithos but I had a look at Warpigs account On eBay. His tshirts are not Gilden, I only see official ones that look the same as mine:shrugs:and some of his lithos are numbered, mainly Australian. How does he have 100% positive feedback if he is selling fakes?

I'm not sticking up for the guy just interested in what his story is.

Some of the shirts he has sold have been Gilden. Some of the lithos he has sold have been numbered. He has claimed that all are legit.

Most of his shirts have sold for around $10 so I doubt most would care. Similarly he prices the lithos far cheaper than they would normally sell for. Some probably suspect that they are fake, but don't care because they love the design and got it for half the price they would have paid, or they don't know and just think they got a good deal. It also isn't difficult to avoid negative feedback because eBay wants you to reach out to the seller to try and resolve the issue before leaving negative feedback.

There was an eBay seller who was listing damaged lithos a while back (I forget his username), but didn't disclose the damage in his listing. If I remember correctly, the seller owned a pawn shop and also claimed he had an "in" with someone on the tour that he got all the unsold lithos from.

One of the guys from this board bought a litho that was damaged and contacted the seller. Rather than receive negative feedback, he said he would replace it. The thing was, almost all the lithos were damaged in some way and the guy just kept sending "replacements" without asking for returns of the ones he already sent and it got to the point where the buyer didn't care because he received far more than he originally expected with just minor blemishes or imperfections.

it isn't difficult to avoid negative feedback.

• Thanks 1

Ftn4zX.jpg

yyUmoU.jpg

FSRvko.jpg

The Bunyip is definitely not numbered and this was purchased at the show.  I know this as I asked my mate to get me both lithos (I arrived later) and Im pretty sure you bought his spare Spider off him Amanijapan.

The Spider is numbered, Bunyip is not.  If the number is hidden somewhere like a Wheres Wally thing, id like to know where - as its not even on the back!

Edited by AussieHrvat

23 minutes ago, AussieHrvat said:

Ftn4zX.jpg

yyUmoU.jpg

FSRvko.jpg

The Bunyip is definitely not numbered and this was purchased at the show.  I know this as I asked my mate to get me both lithos (I arrived later) and Im pretty sure you bought his spare Spider off him Amanijapan.

The Spider is numbered, Bunyip is not.  If the number is hidden somewhere like a Wheres Wally thing, id like to know where - as its not even on the back!

I never thought much of the Bunyip poster until you posted your pictures. That is one sweet litho.