So...where's Izzy

Just now, Vic Sage said:

I had hopes that Adler would rejoin them.I was excited about the show at The Troubadour until he had back surgery. 

well more water went under the bridge between axl and steven that (we as fans assumed wasnt 100% mended) then what Izzy and Axl have been through..

my point is... Izzy has played here and there with Axl over the years and everyone thought the biggest stretch would be getting Steven back on stage.. now thats happened.. it would be assumed all bets are off and anything is possible.

Unless of course there is a fresh rift (which people are alluding to on here) between Axl and Izzy over money or something else.

I dunno... i just think there is a good chance of further developments as this tour goes on.

nothing surprises me anymore with Axl or this band mate. lol

And about the silence mentioned above - I'd hate if Guns would come out and answer every single question we wanna know. 

I think it's a lot more exciting in reading rumours, seeing Adler showing up by surprise, not knowing exactly what's coming up at all... It has got a feeling of the Old Guns, always something to hide, always surprising, always generating questions without giving answers. Fucking love it. FE Announcing that "Steven Adler will be guest starring in Cincinnati show", would've totally killed the surprise element of it all. It's a bold move because they would've probably generate more ticket sales with that announcement, but they decided to keep it secret as IMO they should.

I really hope they wouldn't give any interviews at all, just keep on giving us reasons to speculate and keep on giving us surprises and i'll be very happy. 

Edited by rosesandguns
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Izzy said in an interview that he has no part in the reunion.

Right now Izzy and Sorum have a new song saying that "They" can fight over a bag of gold.

Incorrect. Izzy said on Twitter that - quote - "At this point in time , I`ve no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows". He also left an answerphone message for a Rolling Stone journalist (that RS made public) along the same lines. He's not given an interview on the subject.

He's also stated that the song FP Money, that Sorum is playing on, is "inspired by a dark comedy series from last summer"The Brink" Produced by Jack Black and Tim Robbins ."

No interviews, and no veiled attacks on the 'reunion'.

Lets not forget that Izzy was in the studio with Duff this time last year, Matt was with Slash & Duff at Lemmy's funeral over Christmas / New Year. If this has been in the works for as long as the signs are suggesting (2014 at least. Possibly late 2013) then they knew about it. Guaranteed. And you can infer that by hanging around / keeping company with Slash / Duff that they have not fallen out. The reasons they are not involved are not clear, but I very much doubt that the simple act of recording a song together is a veiled attack on the current state of GNR. These are men in their 50s.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulnar said:

TL:DR, I'm fairly confident now that something else unexpected will come up sooner or later, probably involving Izzy. But I don't think we'll know about any *reasons* for anything until someone gives a straight up interview and is asked direct questions.

Agreed! Latest I read from someone on facebook is that Izzy is on good terms with everyone and attended the KC show. So I'm gonna stop speculating about this because it's giving me a headache. At some point we'll see the AFD lineup, that's for sure.

3 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Agreed! Latest I read from someone on facebook is that Izzy is on good terms with everyone and attended the KC show. So I'm gonna stop speculating about this because it's giving me a headache. At some point we'll see the AFD lineup, that's for sure.

Hey Jane. If you'd have a source on that fact that Izzy attended the KC show you'd blow-up a fucking bank down here. Please quote if you have a source. 

Edited by rosesandguns

1 minute ago, Jane M. said:

I hope so, and yes - evidence suggests he's on good terms with everyone. From working on & off with Duff for years on his own solo stuff, to involvement with Velvet Revolver & a few guest appearances with them, guest appearances with NuGNR, playing on Slash's first solo record, etc etc - seems like he's cool with everyone in one way or another. So, whatever the reason for his current absence, I don't believe there's any animosity. Lets keep things crossed for an appearance / appearances. Hopefully at the same time as Steven.

1 minute ago, rosesandguns said:

Hey Jane. If you'd have a source on that fact that Izzy attended the KC show you'd blow-up a fucking bank down here. Please quote if you have a source. 

And yes, that's an interesting detail. I find it hard to believe that he was there but didn't play, though. We all know 'Someone on facebook'. So I'll remain on the fence for this one for now :-)

22 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

Incorrect. Izzy said on Twitter that - quote - "At this point in time , I`ve no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows". He also left an answerphone message for a Rolling Stone journalist (that RS made public) along the same lines. He's not given an interview on the subject.

He's also stated that the song FP Money, that Sorum is playing on, is "inspired by a dark comedy series from last summer"The Brink" Produced by Jack Black and Tim Robbins ."

No interviews, and no veiled attacks on the 'reunion'.

Lets not forget that Izzy was in the studio with Duff this time last year, Matt was with Slash & Duff at Lemmy's funeral over Christmas / New Year. If this has been in the works for as long as the signs are suggesting (2014 at least. Possibly late 2013) then they knew about it. Guaranteed. And you can infer that by hanging around / keeping company with Slash / Duff that they have not fallen out. The reasons they are not involved are not clear, but I very much doubt that the simple act of recording a song together is a veiled attack on the current state of GNR. These are men in their 50s.

I agree with your sentiment.

(Except for the last sentence. Being in your 50s only means you are no longer young.)

1 minute ago, sanity_lost said:

I agree with your sentiment.

(Except for the last sentence. Being in your 50s only means you are no longer young.)

I only mention it to illustrate that they've grown up, matured, and therefore less likely to play immature games like making veiled references to people in their songs. I'll take Izzy's description of it on face value, I think a lot of people read far too much into the 'money' part of it and started drawing their own conclusions from it, which I disagree with.

https://www.facebook.com/AppetiteForGunsNfknRoses/photos/a.166853430045172.44504.164628276934354/1158120904251748/?type=3&theater

There it is, I think you have to log in to your facebook account to see it. Read all the comments from that pic, especially those between "mabel paredes" and "david bowen". Again, all speculation, I don't know them so don't hate me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

https://www.facebook.com/AppetiteForGunsNfknRoses/photos/a.166853430045172.44504.164628276934354/1158120904251748/?type=3&theater

There it is, I think you have to log in to your facebook account to see it. Read all the comments from that pic, especially those between "mabel paredes" and "david bowen". Again, all speculation, I don't know them so don't hate me.

Thanks Jane. :)

Dave Boden the latest I heard, is they are on good terms now with izzy, he attended the KC show, and called Steven Adler last night to congratulate him, I've been told there is a very good chance you will see all 5 original gunners share a stage again very soon

Like · Reply · 1 hr
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, rosesandguns said:

And about the silence mentioned above - I'd hate if Guns would come out and answer every single question we wanna know. 

I think it's a lot more exciting in reading rumours, seeing Adler showing up by surprise, not knowing exactly what's coming up at all... It has got a feeling of the Old Guns, always something to hide, always surprising, always generating questions without giving answers. Fucking love it. FE Announcing that "Steven Adler will be guest starring in Cincinnati show", would've totally killed the surprise element of it all. It's a bold move because they would've probably generate more ticket sales with that announcement, but they decided to keep it secret as IMO they should.

I really hope they wouldn't give any interviews at all, just keep on giving us reasons to speculate and keep on giving us surprises and i'll be very happy. 

They always get in trouble when doing interviews. Remember the straitjacket story in Slash's book? Or when Adler said something that made Axl not want to do the the R&R Hall of Fame. They are very smart not to do interviews!

Edited by passenger57

1 hour ago, passenger57 said:

They always get in trouble when doing interviews. Remember the straitjacket story in Slash's book? Or when Adler said something that made Axl not want to do the the R&R Hall of Fame. They are very smart not to do interviews!

what straitjacket story?

6 minutes ago, Frey said:

what straitjacket story?

Slash gave Axl a straight  jacket for his birthday, then Axl got all pissy with Slash, he says he didn't know why, so to hurt him Axl left the straight jacket on a chair for Slash to find. Presumably it was over an interview Slash did. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Slash gave Axl a straight  jacket for his birthday, then Axl got all pissy with Slash, he says he didn't know why, so to hurt him Axl left the straight jacket on a chair for Slash to find. Presumably it was over an interview Slash did. 

I would have been more offended by the gift itself lol. Especially if I were Axl and already had a reputation of being crazy :lol:

Thanks for explaining though!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jane M. said:

No hate for you, but their source is Alt nation......its better to put a trashcan on ur head rather than even reading stuff from people who credit their "source" as Alt Nation. 

• Like 1

we will see all 5 next year for appetites 30th anniveserary. i think the whole izzy dispute is just a ploy, they dont want to let all the cats out of the bag at once. they want to leave a little mystery for us fans, we just need a little more patience. just my thoughts tho.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

No hate for you, but their source is Alt nation......its better to put a trashcan on ur head rather than even reading stuff from people who credit their "source" as Alt Nation. 

Maybe I'm blind or something, but where does it say that Dave Bodens source is Alt Nation? Am I missing something... 

6 minutes ago, rosesandguns said:

Maybe I'm blind or something, but where does it say that Dave Bodens source is Alt Nation? Am I missing something... 

He posted 2 links of the Alt Nation article 

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

He posted 2 links of the Alt Nation article 

Dunno if we are reading the same conversation from Facebook, but I don't see any links posted by that Dave-guy from Alt Nation. Only see he says his information comes from someone near Slash... 

Edited by rosesandguns
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, snoman said:

we will see all 5 next year for appetites 30th anniveserary. i think the whole izzy dispute is just a ploy, they dont want to let all the cats out of the bag at once. they want to leave a little mystery for us fans, we just need a little more patience. just my thoughts tho.

I agree. Maybe a huge Vegas residency or just to re-Up tour. Maybe even a new record with Izzy writing. There's no reason for sober individuals not to do this. But Keep the Mistery.