Top 5 Gn'R live performances (1986-2016)

Ok. I'll start. 

1. Knockin on Heavens Door (Live at the Ritz, NY 2nd Feb 1988)

2. Paradise City (Live at the Ritz, NY 2nd Feb 1988)

3. Estranged (LA, 2011, don't know exact date and venue)

4. Coma (Chicago 1992, don't know exact date and venue)

5. Double Takin' Jive (Paris 1992, don't know exact date and venue)

5 minutes ago, Fin said:

3. Estranged (LA, 2011, don't know exact date and venue)

Nothing can beat Tokyo 92 Estranged.

Estranged with Axl's solo band was just blah, Ron's tone on the solos really sucked. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Nothing can beat Tokyo 92 Estranged.

Estranged with Axl's solo band was just blah, Ron's tone on the solos really sucked. 

Get you hating on nuGnr for the sake of hating on nuGnr. Musically-wise, though, the piano intermission was amazing. Also Dj-(Sl)Ashbas solo part was very good.

I'm not hating for the sake of hating. 

1 minute ago, Fin said:

Get you hating on nuGnr for the sake of hating on nuGnr. Musically-wise, though, the piano intermission was amazing. Also Dj-(Sl)Ashbas solo part was very good.

I'm not hating for the sake of hating. 

Its not about sake of hating Axl's solo band, if they don't play something good then I will say that its not good. 

Listen to the Tokyo 92 version of Estranged. 

• Like 1

1. WTTJ (Orange County Fairgrounds, Middletown, NY 1988)

2. Civil War (Paris 1992)

3. You're Crazy (Late Night Show 1988) / You're Crazy (Toledo, Ohio 1988)

4. Nice Boys (Hartford 1993)

5. Out Ta Get Me (Cincinnati/Nashville 2016)

Edited by Epson
  • Like 1

In no particular order.

Paradise City - Freddie Mercury Tribute 1992

Patience - VMA's 1989

Dust In The Wind - Modena 1993

Dust N' Bones - The Ritz 1991

Yesterdays - Las Vegas 1992

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

Paradise City - Ritz 88
You're Crazy - Late Show
Jumpin Jack Flash - Acoustic CBGD
The Whole Acoustic set 7/16/93
Out Ta Get Me Philly 88

I would really have to put some thought into an accurate list but those are all great.

I know it is all subjecting but I don't know how anyone could pick Coma from this current. It is a great song and all but but how can you place it in the greatest performances of all time with the quality of the vocals?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Paradise City - Ritz 88
You're Crazy - Late Show
Jumpin Jack Flash - Acoustic CBGD
The Whole Acoustic set 7/16/93
Out Ta Get Me Philly 88

I would really have to put some thought into an accurate list but those are all great.

I know it is all subjecting but I don't know how anyone could pick Coma from this current. It is a great song and all but but how can you place it in the greatest performances of all time with the quality of the vocals?

Hmm, i don't think his voice is that bad, but i have seen you have said it before, he is not so good anymore :-( But some Coma from this year is quite good, and i have heard quite a few who thinks the same.

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I think he sounds great on some songs and others not so much.. That is just one song that falls under the not so much.. Some times he sounds better on it than others but I haven't heard one version yet where he sounded great or even good through the entire song. I just feel that should be taken in to account when considering the greatest performances EVER. All subjective I guess.

Yes he has lost a little bit of his voice to be honest, so the greatest must be back in the day, but maybe some do feel he is doing just as good now as then, i don't know for sure.

But he has gotten better, that i had hoped for.

• Like 1

Just now, lassie said:

Yes he has lost a little bit of his voice to be honest, so the greatest must be back in the day, but maybe some do feel he is doing just as good now as then, i don't know for sure.

He is certainly better than I have seen him in years past and better than I expected him to be.  He is giving it 100% which is all you can ask for.  No complaints with Axl this tour. Any limitations he has are beyond his control and he can still blow people away on a bunch of the songs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think he sounds great on some songs and others not so much.. That is just one song that falls under the not so much.. Some times he sounds better on it than others but I haven't heard one version yet where he sounded great or even good through the entire song. I just feel that should be taken in to account when considering the greatest performances EVER. All subjective I guess.

True, he sure is giving 100 procent, and damn he can run on the stage and sing, almost as it were 1992, good to see :-)

• Like 1