Should Izzy be in the current band?

Just now, Nikki_Sixx said:

Bullshit.  AFD5 didn't have a smurf on- or off-stage, in fact they didn't even have Dizzy, and I can guaran-fucking-tee you that EVERY SINGLE person in the crowd FELT what they were playing !

GNR wasn't doing stadium tours in 1988. They will never remake AFD. It's now 2016 and the band has progressed. 

10 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

You don't get to decide what is and what's not GNR. If they say Fortus is a member, then that's the truth. Nothing you claim can change that fact. So spare the mental gymnastics

However you are more than free to not support the band. 

Well Fortus and Axl are a bunch of liars then, since 2010 Im hearing the same shit every year that the new album will be released the following year. 

Fortus doesn't knows shit what goes in the band. He is a hired hand, as simple as that. 

I don't want to make this a Izzy vs Fortus thing, but Izzy is an amazing song writer and wrote songs in Guns N' Roses which they still play and Fortus just covers them. 

Axl, Slash and Duff are the decision makers. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Even when they had Dizzy and the big band and were playing stadiums in 1992, there was not some 'secret' keyboardist somehow doubling Slash. This being a justification for the second keyboardist, the tweety girl, is simply preposterous.

They had Teddy Zig Zag Andreas and the horn section to fill out the sound. Just a different approach. They've dialed that back w just Melissa. It's common practice, sorry to pull back the veil on live concerts?  

http://www.laweekly.com/music/inside-the-strange-hidden-world-of-offstage-touring-musicians-6539027

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

They had Teddy Zig Zag Andreas and the horn section to fill out the sound. Just a different approach. They've dialed that back w just Melissa. It's common practice, sorry to pull back the veil on live concerts?  

http://www.laweekly.com/music/inside-the-strange-hidden-world-of-offstage-touring-musicians-6539027

Roth?

WASP?

1980's Kiss?

As I said, ''truly great bands''. There is not some guy backstage for Keith Richards, is there?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

GNR wasn't doing stadium tours in 1988. They will never remake AFD. It's now 2016 and the band has progressed. 

What are you talking about ?  They played Giants Stadium, Donington, Texas Stadium, LA Coliseum, ... in '88 and '89.  They tore the place down without any keyboards.

This is not about remaking AFD, it's about your ridiculous assumption that rock bands need a nitwit doubling the guitars on keyboard on-or off-stage.

If that's progression, count me out !

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Apparently it wasn't common practice when they sold out and rocked Wembley Stadium in 1991 as a six-piece.  

Case in point, I'm not debating the shit you mention happens, I'm just saying it's utterly unnecessary...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

What are you talking about ?  They played Giants Stadium, Donington, Texas Stadium, LA Coliseum, ... in '88 and '89.  They tore the place down without any keyboards.

This is not about remaking AFD, it's about your ridiculous assumption that rock bands need a nitwit doubling the guitars on keyboard on-or off-stage.

If that's progression, count me out !

It's not an assumption. It's common practice. Those opening/festival dates don't count as they couldn't afford the production. UYI was their 1st headline stadium tour, and you saw what happened.  It's not my call if a band needs it. GNR has decided that they need it in 2016. You are more than free to stop following and not support an Axl Slash Duff version of the band. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Roth?

WASP?

1980's Kiss?

As I said, ''truly great bands''. There is not some guy backstage for Keith Richards, is there?

Also U2, Ozzy, and Black Sabbath. Don't cherry pick examples. That's just a few people. They're plenty more bands that practice it. Sorry to burst the bubble

5 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

It's not an assumption. It's common practice. Those opening/festival dates don't count as they couldn't afford the production. UYI was their 1st headline stadium tour, and you saw what happened.  It's not my call if a band needs it. GNR has decided that they need it in 2016. You are more than free to stop following and not support an Axl Slash Duff version of the band. 

Also U2, Ozzy, and Black Sabbath. Don't cherry pick examples. That's just a few people. They're plenty more bands that practice it. Sorry to burst the bubble

U2 are a keybaording FX driven band.

24 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Every thread about Izzy basically turns in to this......

And I love Izzy. Enjoy his solo work immensely. I wish they could have worked out an appearance for the tour, and maybe there's a door open in the future.  It's just not my place or call to expect that to happen, so why fuss? 

No one here has power to decide who's a member, who should be a member, what constitutes GNR, how and what they should play etc... That's their business and their decisions. As a fan it's your choice to support it or not.

I feel certain people would rather say these people aren't members and degrade them, instead of saying they're aren't GNR fans anymore. It's ok to not like them, why go through the emotion online? 

Edited by guitarpatch

Just now, guitarpatch said:

No one here has power to decide who's a member, who should be a member, what constitutes GNR, how and what they should play etc... That's their business and their decisions. As a fan it's your choice to support it or not.

I feel certain people would rather say these people aren't members, instead of saying they're aren't GNR fans anymore. It's ok to not like them, why go through the emotion online? 

Because its not necessary if you like something then it means you should support it.

Axl, Duff and Slash on one stage is a dream come true, they sound awesome, hopefully I will see them next year, I spent a huge amount of money on the tickets cause I like them.

But on the other hand I like Izzy too and I will express myself that Izzy should be there cause he contributed so much to the band. 

I don't get why some are so negative regarding Izzy. 

You yourself is confused if you are from Syracuse OR Boston, you can't even decide one. 

• Like 1

Of course Izzy should be back. To think otherwise is ludicrous. 

So Izzy sold his shares in the old band? Two people have said that in this topic. So when he quit the band, the rest of the guys gave him a cash payout? How much did he sell them for? Who bought them? 

I haven't been following the forum for awhile. In all Truth, Is guitar patch a new mod? She/he has told people 5-6 times that they don't have to support the band if they don't like the moves. And that fans don't get to dictate what the band does. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

And I love Izzy. Enjoy his solo work immensely. I wish they could have worked out an appearance for the tour, and maybe there's a door open in the future.  It's just not my place or call to expect that to happen, so why fuss? 

I feel certain people would rather say these people aren't members and degrade them, instead of saying they're aren't GNR fans anymore. It's ok to not like them, why go through the emotion online? 

I am still a GNR fan.  Have been since 1991.  Unfortunately that band ended somewhere in the mid-nineties.

Everything 'they' have done since (under that name) is a shit-stain on the GNR legacy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Because its not necessary if you like something then it means you should support it.

Axl, Duff and Slash on one stage is a dream come true, they sound awesome, hopefully I will see them next year, I spent a huge amount of money on the tickets cause I like them.

But on the other hand I like Izzy too and I will express myself that Izzy should be there cause he contributed so much to the band. 

I don't get why some are so negative regarding Izzy. 

You yourself is confused if you are from Syracuse OR Boston, you can't even decide one. 

That sig was from 2003 while in school. I've moved to LA and then to NYC since then, but thanks for your concern. I know exactly where I am. 

i love Izzy and his contributions. I just don't have the gall to insist that he should be there, without being involved in the inner workings of the band. That's for them to decide and hash out. 

I'd love it if he came out for 14 years or if was suddenly involved in a 30 yr AFD tour, or back in the band. That would be awesome. 

I also appreciate Fortus and the other members. I think they're phenomenal musicians and bring interesting playing out of Slash and the sound of the band. I'd love to see what they could accomplish in the future in the studio/live.

You can enjoy both versions, and/or have preferences. I just don't understand the constant thought the band should be whatever a fan wants. No one here has a vote in the matter

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

That sig was from 2003 while in school. I've moved to LA and then to NYC since then, but thanks for your concern. I know exactly where I am. 

You can enjoy both versions, and/or have preferences. I just don't understand the constant thought the band should be whatever a fan wants. No one here has a vote in the matter

Its good to know that you are in NYC now, but I assume LA is a better place. 

Everyone has their point of view, I guess thats why he have this forum. Like that we can't vote in any matter regarding anything and many things go un listened, but it doesn't means we should stay quite and not speak about it.

No one knows if this band will even release an album, it could be 6 months or even 6 years. But we do wan't an album, don't we? So if we ask for some new music then its wrong too? cause well after all its up to them to decide. 

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Its good to know that you are in NYC now, but I assume LA is a better place. 

Everyone has their point of view, I guess thats why he have this forum. Like that we can't vote in any matter regarding anything and many things go un listened, but it doesn't means we should stay quite and not speak about it.

No one knows if this band will even release an album, it could be 6 months or even 6 years. But we do wan't an album, don't we? So if we ask for some new music then its wrong too? cause well after all its up to them to decide. 

Discussion boards are meant for debate and different views. That's all cool. I'd rather have deeper discussion about certain subjects and bring points of opposition to the prevailing view at times. Plus some knowledge from the field. Not being personal. We all have a common interest here. 

New music? Anticipate all you want and be excited. I just personally think it gets silly when fans demand that they should do this or that with a release. There's just so much stuff behind the scenes we don't know about. Way too much to make an honest call on it. 

Maybe we're here to discuss that line at times? Maybe there are things on the opposite view that have been misrepresented? At the end of the day I think we just want what's best for the music. That reason will be different for anyone. I just know we can't control what we don't control. 

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Maybe we're here to discuss that line at times? Maybe there are things on the opposite view that have been misrepresented? At the end of the day I think we just want what's best for the music. That reason will be different for anyone. I just know we can't control what we don't control. 

So you are saying Sarah Connor sacrificed herself for nothing? So she should not have fought skynet then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

but most of what we know about Izzy suggests he wouldn't want to commit to a tour like this.

Who said Izzy would not want to commit to a tour like this?

There has been not a single show which Izzy has missed.

Axl on the other hand.....

• Like 1

Just now, Slash787 said:

Who said Izzy would not want to commit to a tour like this?

There has been not a single show which Izzy has missed.

Axl on the other hand.....

Because pretty much every time someone talks about him they mention that he's content doing his own thing off out of the public eye and just likes to come and go as he feels. 

7 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Because pretty much every time someone talks about him they mention that he's content doing his own thing off out of the public eye and just likes to come and go as he feels. 

Who knows? Maybe the band just considers Richard to be the guy? Maybe Izzy was offered $ for a guest slot and wouldn't do it? Maybe Izzy didn't want to dilute his reunion payday on a guest appearance? Maybe he didn't want to learn new material? Maybe he didn't want to tour or there was a conflict? Maybe the other guys just don't want to work with and rely on him for a tour? Maybe this was all planned and he comes back so that they double dip and play stadiums again? Or maybe it's none of that. You could go crazy thinking about the reasons. Maybe there just isn't a reason at all and was never even approached? 

None of us really knows until someone talks. Then that will be their side, and we can then guess what the other's view could be. All I know is that Richard can play and he's incredible on guitar, and I'd gladly pay to listen to them whether he's in the band contributing or not. 

Maybe Izzy realizes that the expectations of him playing with them are so ridiculously high because of all the fanboys, by some of you almost seen as the resurrection of Jesus, so he knows he can never live up to it because the magic will never be like 1985 again anyway and therefore he doesn't even bother with it and chooses to keep the myth alive. 

So yeah, basically it's all your fault Izzy isn't there, you fanboys.