Should Izzy be in the current band?

14 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I just saw the motherfuckin Monkees compared in some way to GnR.

*pulls eyeballs out with fork. Puts them in bleach. Bleaches eye sockets. Pours Bacardi 151 into sockets. Feels better.*

Lol I saw the Monkees a few years ago. Great show! Incomparable to GNR in any way, though 

On 9/2/2016 at 4:53 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

If the current assumption that Izzy isn't in the band because he would essentially be a hired hand and not a member, is true, does anyone here think it's unfair that he was offered such role.

"Current assumption"? Don't you mean one of the many speculated theories? It would be absolutely silly to actually assume that we know why Izzy is not involved with the band at this time. We do not know any of the people involved. We may like to think we know them better than we really do as we read every article and watch every interview, but in truth we don't know anything. We do not know Izzy personally nor Axl, Duff, or Slash. Not only do we not know these people, we do not know the business deals that goes on behind the scenes either. We do not know the real life pros and cons that exists for Izzy (and the rest of the band) when it comes to the decision on whether he will be involved or not. 

With that said, while I would like Izzy to be involved, I do not know enough about what is going on behind the scenes to say if it is unfair or not. I am absolutely curious about why Izzy isn't involved, but neither he nor the rest of the band owe me an explanation as this is their personal life and personal business.

• Like 1

Unless he QUITS, Fortus Will be in the band until the end.

He is too good and too talented.

As I said, Richard Fortus is the Ron Wood of Guns N' Roses. The past (last 15 years), present and futur is FORTUS.

Get used to it because it won't change.

Or else, Go support another band!

It's ALL ABOUT FORTUS, the Guy is an absolute master. A Guitar Hero.

Edited by Caraibes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Caraibes said:

Unless he QUITS, Fortus Will be in the band until the end.

He is too good and too talented.

As I said, Richard Fortus is the Ron Wood of Guns N' Roses. The past (last 15 years), present and futur is FORTUS.

Get used to it because it won't change.

Or else, Go support another band!

It's ALL ABOUT FORTUS, the Guy is an absolute master. A Guitar Hero.

Dude you need help.

Stop spamming FORTUS FORTUS FORTUS on every thread.

If Fortus is too good and Talented, then why Axl din't let him play on his album? Chris Pitman has more guitar parts in Chinese Democracy than Fortus. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Caraibes said:

Hardly. Ron Wood was part of tons of hit albums and songs. Fortus has been part of none.. Ron Wood was brought into the Stones because his style of playing fit the Stones like a glove.. Fortus' style may have fit Axl's "vision" of what he wanted to sound like for NuGuns but that is a far cry from the Guns N' Roses the world loved sounded like. He isn't even a tiny fraction of what Ron Wood is to the Stones. The band he has been with for over 40 years.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Hardly. Ron Wood was part of tons of hit albums and songs. Fortus has been part of none.. Ron Wood was brought into the Stones because his style of playing fit the Stones like a glove.. Fortus' style may have fit Axl's "vision" of what he wanted to sound like for NuGuns but that is a far cry from the Guns N' Roses the world loved sounded like. He isn't even a tiny fraction of what Ron Wood is to the Stones. The band he has been with for over 40 years.

Honestly Axl had no vision for Fortus, he is just a session musician, even after being a session musician, Axl saw nothing in him which would add something to his album, another reason he is in the band cause he is way cheaper than Izzy.

Some delusional people need to stop comparing him with Izzy or Ron Wood and if you call yourselves fan of Fortus then you people are making him look in a negative manner by spamming all over. Even Fortus would not want that. Poor guy is just an employee and doing whatever he is told by his bosses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Honestly Axl had no vision for Fortus, he is just a session musician, even after being a session musician, Axl saw nothing in him which would add something to his album, another reason he is in the band cause he is way cheaper than Izzy.

Some delusional people need to stop comparing him with Izzy or Ron Wood and if you call yourselves fan of Fortus then you people are making him look in a negative manner by spamming all over. Even Fortus would not want that. Poor guy is just an employee and doing whatever he is told by his bosses.

You hang out with Axl much? How in the world do you know how he feels about him or what his ultimate plans are for his use? Have you seen his contract or what supposedly was or wasn't offered to Izzy? Did you hang out in the studio and rehearsals? People need to stop assuming they know stuff they have no clue about. 

Have your preferences and taste. We get it, a small amount of people despise Fortus. Others feel differently. Ron Wood might be a stretch, but he's still a phenomenal player. Whether or not you think his style meshes within GNR comes down to preference. His skills are certainly not up for debate.

He's a pro, that a majority of guitar players would give anything to have a fraction of the amount of success outside of his GNR endeavor. Very well respected  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

You do realize Axl is the boss right? Yeah I'm sure duff and slash preferred Frank to Matt sorum and that's why he's there :lol:

Frank>>> Sorum :P 

7 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

You do realize Axl is the boss right? Yeah I'm sure duff and slash preferred Frank to Matt sorum and that's why he's there :lol:

I would imagine Slash asked Duff what Fortus and Frank were like as people and musicians. Duff probably gave them a thumbs and Slash said cool. I don't believe Slash cares if Sorum is there, maybe Izzy, but who knows. Izzy sold his stake in GNR and it would be bad business to let him back and I'm sure it would be weird for all involved if Izzy was a salaried player. 

15 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I would imagine Slash asked Duff what Fortus and Frank were like as people and musicians. Duff probably gave them a thumbs and Slash said cool. I don't believe Slash cares if Sorum is there, maybe Izzy, but who knows. Izzy sold his stake in GNR and it would be bad business to let him back and I'm sure it would be weird for all involved if Izzy was a salaried player. 

All I know for sure is this:

-Matt told Eddie trunk he was laying low in December when this thing was on the verge of being announced,

-he was with slash and duff at Lenny's funeral,

-he dodged tmz at an airport coming home from LEMMYs funeral

- At the April GNR shows he confirmed he wasn't asked to be a part of this, then said he was avoiding perescoping the shows in favor of Netflix sitcom reruns.

- 1/3 of this partnership didn't know Frank. We do have some articles with a "rumor" that slash and duff lobbied for sorum.

Idk.. I say because slash and duff had both worked with Matt for so long, feeling the chemistry and comfort personally and professionally, I say they pushed for sorum. And I think they probably initially wanted Steven back in some sort of role more than Axl initially did. It just probably wasn't a deal breaker to them, one small step at a time since the big 3 being back together is a big deal as it is and even slash admitted recently that they were surprised it went as smoothly as it did.

Im sure slash and duff wanted izzy there but slash also wanted to work with fortus a couple of years ago, so why not in GNR? Axl probably wanted him there too but not at the expense of lambasting fortus unnecessarily. Facts is,It's axls band at the end of the day, so when it comes to fortus and Frank he probably figures why fire them? They've been loyal for a long time, especially through some of the tougher periods of being in GNR, so why punish them for something they didn't do? Imagine being a store manager... You don't just fire somebody for not doing anything wrong. I think that's what it comes down to for Axl

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Axl is not the boss like he was in NuGnR. He probably vetoed Sorum, but also Slash probably vetoed the three guitars lineup and DJ Ashba (I think it's obvious that DJ Ashba had to resign because Slash didn't want him), and maybe Pitman, too.

Maybe Slash would compromise with a three guitars lineup if Izzy was involved, but the negotiations with Izzy failed for unknown reasons.

12 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

All I know for sure is this:

-Matt told Eddie trunk he was laying low in December when this thing was on the verge of being announced,

-he was with slash and duff at Lenny's funeral,

-he dodged tmz at an airport coming home from LEMMYs funeral

- At the April GNR shows he confirmed he wasn't asked to be a part of this, then said he was avoiding perescoping the shows in favor of Netflix sitcom reruns.

- 1/3 of this partnership didn't know Frank. We do have some articles with a "rumor" that slash and duff lobbied for sorum.

Idk.. I say because slash and duff had both worked with Matt for so long, feeling the chemistry and comfort personally and professionally, I say they pushed for sorum. And I think they probably initially wanted Steven back in some sort of role more than Axl initially did. It just probably wasn't a deal breaker to them, one small step at a time since the big 3 being back together is a big deal as it is and even slash admitted recently that they were surprised it went as smoothly as it did.

Im sure slash and duff wanted izzy there but slash also wanted to work with fortus a couple of years ago, so why not in GNR? Axl probably wanted him there too but not at the expense of lambasting fortus unnecessarily. Facts is,It's axls band at the end of the day, so when it comes to fortus and Frank he probably figures why fire them? They've been loyal for a long time, especially through some of the tougher periods of being in GNR, so why punish them for something they didn't do? Imagine being a store manager... You don't just fire somebody for not doing anything wrong. I think that's what it comes down to for Axl

Great post except "slash also wanted to work with fortus a couple of years ago" part

There really is no proof to that rumor besides Fortus posting it when he was pissed at Slash for something Slash didn't do. For all we know a common friend of could have recommended fortus try out for Snakepit II or something when Slash was looking for a touring guitarist. His name coudl have been bounced around and that was it. Slash may not have even known anything about him. Did fortus tuen him down? Highly unlikely.. Also highly unlikely that it was a couple years ago while fortus was in Axl's band.

Edited by Tom-Ass

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Axl is not the boss like he was in NuGnR. He probably vetoed Sorum, but also Slash probably vetoed the three guitars lineup and DJ Ashba (I think it's obvious that DJ Ashba had to resign because Slash didn't want him), and maybe Pitman, too.

Maybe Slash would compromise with a three guitars lineup if Izzy was involved, but the negotiations with Izzy failed for unknown reasons.

Well all 3 are clearly booking the gigs together but clearly Axl has the final say on everything. Are they playing velvet revolver songs? No. Not even slither. Are they playing snake pit songs? No. Are they playing loaded songs? No. Are they playing Chinese democracy songs? Yes, a total of 6 songs. Either duff and slash do view Chinese democracy as a GNR album and wanted to learn and accept the material because it's guns n roses and not an Axl solo act named guns n roses, over anything else they did solo wise. Or they didn't have a choice. 

Axl might not have vetoed sorum because  Frank was already in guns n roses for 10 years now, which makes sense because Axl acknowledged that live. If ashba was vetoed by slash GNR we would know, is it really hard to believe that maybe ashba is just as big of a fan as we are and just knew it wouldn't work himself? We don't know what happened with pitman, another fact, and we don't know what's up with izzy. I think considering duff himself has stated that lawyers and managers pretty much broke up GNR the first time, it's easier if the three of them just manage it themselves. The fewer the better. 

But you are right about the izzy thing.. Who knows what's up there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Great post except "slash also wanted to work with fortus a couple of years ago" part

There really is no proof to that rumor besides Fortus posting it when he was pissed at Slash for something Slash didn't do. For all we know a common friend of could have recommended fortus try out for Snakepit II or something when Slash was looking for a touring guitarist. His name coudl have been bounced around and that was it. Slash may not have even known anything about him. Did fortus tuen him down? Highly unlikely.. Also highly unlikely that it was a couple years ago while fortus was in Axl's band.

Fair point, I guess we can't prove beyond a Richard fortus Facebook post that slash wanted him in his band. But you really have to remember, you still also cannot prove that slash had no interest in fortus either. But hey, slash and duff joined axls band so that in itself would show axls running the show or at the least has the final say in everything, right?!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Fair point, I guess we can't prove beyond a Richard fortus Facebook post that slash wanted him in his band. But you really have to remember, you still also cannot prove that slash had no interest in fortus either. But hey, slash and duff joined axls band so that in itself would show axls running the show or at the least has the final say in everything, right?!

Yup, you were spot on on everything else.. Just had to point that out ;)

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yup, you were spot on on everything else.. Just had to point that out ;)

Ok... That still doesn't prove slash doesn't like fortus and didn't want him in his band. I think it's very possible, I mean I get that you don't like fortus but I could see slash showing interest :shrugs: 

Maybe he did think fortus is good. Maybe he just thought it'd be the best way to open dialogue with Axl? Whatever, hey I'm completely fine myself with fortus over gilby, regardless of these "shared solos" or whatever people hate about him. But if izzy really wants back in then he should be there over fortus unless they can work a 3 guitar plan between them, which seems unlikely 

Edited by Billsfan

37 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Ok... That still doesn't prove slash doesn't like fortus and didn't want him in his band. 

I never said anything about Slash not liking Fortus.. Was just making my points because some people state that as fact that Slash wanted Fortus in his band when there really is no substance to it. Sure it is possible, I just think unlikely..  Backing out of this one now ;) Is that Axl/Duff interview out there yet?

I sort of picture early in the process of this 'reunion' a meeting between Slash and Duff and the NuGnr faction to sort of suss each other out and see how easily they could gel together and such. I suspect they sent some sort of report back to Axl along the lines of: "Ok we can work with Fortus and Frank, but this Pitman douche is a deal breaker and has to go.":P