Axl Rose Manager Slams AC/DC Fans Who Don't Like Band's Current Lineup 

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Obviously. Personally, I don't think acting out on social media was the way to go about this. I think there's ways to defend Axl without attacking others. Either way, everyone is entitled to their opinion so if someone doesn't like Axl, good for them. If someone else does, good for them. 

/thread

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lio said:

Yeah, old news. I rolled my eyes at it last week :lol: It's mindboggling to me how after all these years Beta still has no idea how to behave on social media. I mean, she isn't supposed to be just a hapless middleaged woman who doesn't realise the ramifications of whatever she posts on social media after all. She's supposed to be a businesswoman with decades of experience in a dog eat dog business.

This is what dumbfounds me also. they still don't understand how the internet works. Its like they have never got off the first level of basic internet protocol, they are still in the challenge ppl to meet off the Internet for a fight because they said something mean phase. :lol: 

Edited by -W.A.R-

I got no problem if Axl's Nanny is his Manager, its his life and see's Fernando and Vanessa like family, yeah they got the upper hand, but I have seen it from my own eyes Fernando and Vanessa doing things for Axl and not ordering someone else. 

What Beta posted on Instagram was totally absurd, it just shows Axl in a bad light. There will be AC/DC fans who won't like him and I don't blame them.

Im not a hardcore AC/DC fan, I love Axl and GNR, But without Brian it just seems and sounds weird and different. For me also Axl sounded weird on those songs, but after hearing the audio clips thanks to @Gibbo Ive started to like it. 

So If AC/DC fans say something about it, then we are no one to abuse them, especially the person who is so close to Axl. 

• Like 1

I think she should shut her pie whole.. I get she has a personal relationship with Axl but she is also the manager. She should be professional. She just made everything worse as far as AC/DC die hards and their relations with the Gn'R fan base and their opinion of Axl. In fact she probably made it harder on Axl.. Not that I am sure he really gives two fucks what people think about him anyway.

What good has she done for Gn'R and the Gn'R brand anyway? Totally my opinion and I admit that I do not know to much about "TB", but I always got the feeling that they used Axl's trust to exploit and use him. Feeding fuel to the fire of the Axl/Slash feud and keeping it alive longer than it should have been.

Axl has been a class act throughout this touchy AC/DC situation. I feel like someone should put out a statement to apologize for her lashing out.

• Like 4

Meh.  As long as Axl didn't say it or anyone else in the band didn't say it, not a huge deal.  If anything it's publicity and they say any publicity is "good publicity" ....gets people talking about both bands, etc.

I'm sure they'll come out with a statement if it gets out of hand.

54 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

It's unfortunate, but people will forget about it in a week tops. It's just a bit of headline filler - they obviously saved it for a slow news day, given the comment happened 10 days or so ago.

The reason it ran now was because it was picked up by The Pulse Of Radio, it's a show prep service "who take delight in creating the most topical and shareable content for your show and your website."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Funky.Monkey said:

The reason it ran now was because it was picked up by The Pulse Of Radio, it's a show prep service "who take delight in creating the most topical and shareable content for your show and your website."

Apparently I didn't read the first line too well. :lol: 

Sometimes its difficult to have someone as Manager who is so close as Beta is to Axl. She probably had good intentions to defend axl because she is like a mother to him. But its not the job of a Manager to defend their client via Instagram.

Didn`t Perla used to manage Slash too? And look at some of the poorly things she did, which was destroying Slashs carrer more than it helped him ...

Sometimes its better to seperate work and private things ...

Edited by RooSaa

2 hours ago, RooSaa said:

Sometimes its difficult to have someone as Manager who is so close as Beta is to Axl. She probably had good intentions to defend axl because she is like a mother to him. But its not the job of a Manager to defend their client via Instagram.

Didn`t Perla used to manage Slash too? And look at some of the poorly things she did, which was destroying Slashs carrer more than it helped him ...

Sometimes its better to seperate work and private things ...

I've never understood having "family" in the manager position. You need someone who is some what removed from you on a personal level... and this whole thing shows you exactly why. 

• Like 1

I don't know if it made things worse, but it certainly didn't help either. While I get that she's trying defend/protect him, she should've thought about it more carefully first. I think her maternal instincts kicked in and she just reacted. 

Axl, on the other hand, has been handling this whole thing beautifully! Not only is he belting out the tunes, but he's blowing audiences away! More than that, he's staying modest enough so no focus is taken away from Angus and the rest of the band. True class act!