Adler Playing YCBM

1 minute ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Lol @ playing full show, they won't even let him play opening or closing song. It's only 2 song like usual, less than 10 minutes, if he really comes.

Whats there to "Lol" in this? it is actually a very sad situation and not funny at all. 

Its like you have a Led Zep reunion and they are about to play Stairway To Heaven, suddenly DJ Ashba comes to play it and you don't see Jimmy Page, then well you can "Lol" 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Whats there to "Lol" in this? it is actually a very sad situation and not funny at all. 

Its like you have a Led Zep reunion and they are about to play Stairway To Heaven, suddenly DJ Ashba comes to play it and you don't see Jimmy Page, then well you can "Lol" 

Why is it sad? All things considered it's not a bad deal for him to get to hang out with and make appearances with the band.  

43 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

There was nothing 'lol' in your previous post, but in this one it's quite ironic you're using the name of the very person who DID what you exactly want of Frank to do.... lol:lol:

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

There was nothing 'lol' in your previous post, but in this one it's quite ironic you're using the name of the very person who DID what you exactly want of Frank to do.... lol:lol:

Whats wrong if Frank Steps aside? 

IF Ashba could then even Frank can, like financially even as a 3rd guitarist, he would have made so much money that it would take him 10 shows of Sixx Am to make that money. But I guess everyone is different, he wanted to move forward, he wanted to make music and as he respects Slash so he declined to be a part of it and I actually respect him for doing that. 

I don't blame Frank either, he is not that financially secured like Ashba or even like Steven, he needs the cash and gig and I don't blame him, but he could step aside for more songs or more shows as a courtesy. 

Back in 2010 in London, Tommy was the one who handed over the bass to Duff and told him to play, so that was nice of him to do. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Whats wrong if Frank Steps aside? 

IF Ashba could then even Frank can, like financially even as a 3rd guitarist, he would have made so much money that it would take him 10 shows of Sixx Am to make that money. But I guess everyone is different, he wanted to move forward, he wanted to make music and as he respects Slash so he declined to be a part of it and I actually respect him for doing that. 

I don't blame Frank either, he is not that financially secured like Ashba or even like Steven, he needs the cash and gig and I don't blame him, but he could step aside for more songs or more shows as a courtesy. 

Back in 2010 in London, Tommy was the one who handed over the bass to Duff and told him to play, so that was nice of him to do. 

Because nobody's asked him to step aside? Or hinted he should step aside? Or suggested they want Alder back full-time? It's not a money issue with Alder, if they wanted him full-time he'd be there full-time.

On 29.10.2016 at 8:07 PM, Darkenchantress said:

Stop with the unreliability nonsense already. Adler was unreliable 30 years ago as was Axl and I don't see anyone questioning him nor see Axl arriving three hours late or punching random people from the audience. Maybe Steven can do a whole show, maybe he can't, hell, maybe he doesn't want to, but i don't think it is fair to judge him for something that happened in 1990 when all of them were a fucking mess. <_<

Wrong. Adler was still an unreliable mess until very recently when he managed to piss Duff off.  Even Loaded was too much for him. And he's burned Slash too in the past which is why Adler was whining about Slash ignoring him and Duff and Slash being mean to him last year.

And which is probably also why Steven isn't really involved in this. If GNR were my band/business and if I was running the show behind the scenes (like Duff basically), I wouldnt want him as a full time member either. Especially not if I'd recently given him a chance and he'd screwed it up again. 

And the comparison with Axl doesnt work at all. Axl is irreplacable. There is no GNR without him. Slash is pretty irreplacable as well, which is why nuGNR  sucked and didn't work for many people.

But Steven? The majority of concert goers don't give a fuck or dont even know who he is. As long as Axl and Slash are there, it's GNR to the general public, whether the die-hards like it or not.  

Which is why Axl, Slash and Duff can get away with not involving Adler or Izzy if they dont want to for whatever reasons.

Edited by Frey
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

You buy a dog. You own the dog. Can you starve the dog? It is yours. You own it. Apparently you can do whatever you want with it. Can you torture the dog? Can you not get the dog its vaccinations? Can you take it everywhere with you? You own it. You can do whatever you want with it, right?

ETA: I am simply disputing your comment that you can do whatever you want with things you own. That is not true.

This is the most fucked up post I've read in this forum so far. Horrible.

JFC:facepalm:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well we are making a large analogous leap here!! A dog for a start is a living being which, in relatively modern times (not always), and only in first world countries (NB that they still cage dogs for food in certain parts of Asia still) has acquired numerous statuary rights and protective organisations. I simply cannot make that analogy work with owning a rock band.

Although you could make a good argument that Axl has ''starved and tortured Guns N' Roses'' haha, during the Nugnr era.

I could have used other examples as others have pointed out. I can't do whatever I want to my house, car, or other properties as there are limitation and responsibilities implied along with the ownership of them. I can't even burn my trash unless I get approval.

The laws are not the same all across the board, but my point was simply owning something doesn't necessarily give you carte blanche. 

1 hour ago, Jane M. said:

This is the most fucked up post I've read in this forum so far. Horrible.

JFC:facepalm:

I was simply proving a point. I am sorry that you are upset. I actually find it a good thing that in most cases animals have some protections.

14 hours ago, downliner said:

I've not been following the thread and was going to jump in and reply that you're a wanker for thinking humanity "owns" animals, then I realised you weren't saying that. I'm looking forward to going back over the last 5 pages of replies to see how we went from "Adler playing YCBM" to "Can you torture the dog? It is yours" :lol:

Proud animal rights activist, humanity despiser right here :headbang:

Sorry! That one thing kind of made me go ... what? no. That isn't how the world works. I picked a rather... um... controversial topic. I should have went with car/house/property rights instead :)

I proved my point and am done with the topic now . If I was thinking I wouldn't have replied to it in the first place. It does stray pretty far from the main topic of the thread.

8 hours ago, James Bond said:

Yeah I'm not sure why everybody is convinced that Frank and Fortus stepping aside automatically guarantees Steven and Izzy coming back. Slash didn't come back because Ashba stepped aside - Ashba stepped aside because Slash came back. If the big three wanted Steven and Izzy there full time, they would be. If Richard quit today and they weren't ready to make a deal with Izzy we'd see another session replacement on board. Same goes for Frank.

Well they're convinced because Tommy Stinson stepped aside. Then duff returned. Then bumblefoot quit. Then ashba. Then, Slash returned. Just seems like a trend like a member leaves and is replaced by a classic member. The big 3 has Axl making the final decisions, and the bottom line is he wasn't throwing away his current lineup for a full scale reunion. So while you could be right that they'd just hire another replacement, you could also be wrong because the key trend has been current members leaving for former members. 

11 hours ago, Slim1023 said:

The partnership agreement specifically says there needs to be a unanimous vote to add or subtract members.

That's a myth, the one thing. For sure with the current band is that They didn't vote in and vote out certain members. It's just denial from people who were antit Axl and anti nugnr who don't want to believe what is going on. They're managing the gigs and who gets paid what between the 3 of them, but Axl has the final say. They didn't vote on ashba, or fortus, or frank, or pitman or anyone else. That is fiction, like it or not this is axls band still and he clearly has the final say. They're playing the songs like nugnr did and they're playing nugnr songs. Yeah, it's axls call 

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Well they're convinced because Tommy Stinson stepped aside. Then duff returned. Then bumblefoot quit. Then ashba. Then, Slash returned. Just seems like a trend like a member leaves and is replaced by a classic member. The big 3 has Axl making the final decisions, and the bottom line is he wasn't throwing away his current lineup for a full scale reunion. So while you could be right that they'd just hire another replacement, you could also be wrong because the key trend has been current members leaving for former members. 

Do you really believe that the reunion happened because Bumblefoot quit? (Ashba left when the reunion was already at works) And that if he hadn't, 2016 would have been another year with NuGnr doing Vegas residencies?

Edited by Blackstar

27 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Do you really believe that the reunion happened because Bumblefoot quit? (Ashba left when the reunion was already at works) And that if he hadn't, 2016 would have been another year with NuGnr doing Vegas residencies?

The threeunion didn't happen solely because of bumblefoot, but bumblefoot quitting sure helped Slash returning. Look at the facts:

- No one from the 2014 lineup was fired.

- Bumblefoot offered to train his own replacement but was told from crew members, NOT AXL, that a "reunion" was in the works.

- Axl even admitted himself a couple of times that he didn't speak to slash until 2015. 

- What do more vegas residencies really matter? The fact the band was still doing them wasn't all that great to begin with. Who knows what would have happened if Axl and slash didn't work things out

I think Marc Canter was probably right. Duff helped Axl see that slash was not as bad as he thought. And he also said that the only way Axl would do an appetite reunion would be if the new band opened for the old band, even though those words are too tough for some people to read for whatever reason. Axl invested too much time, too much money into nugnr and admitted he was a big fan of them.

All in saying for sure is, I don't think he had any interest in tossing the last lineup of the band away. Tommy couldn't really continue anymore for personal reasons. Bumblefoot didn't want to continue anymore because he just had it with a lineup and band that was going nowhere. Dj quit because he knew sharing a stage with slash would be a tough sell, one even he couldn't buy. Pitman either was fired for breaking the gag order or that rumor from msl or whoever was true that he was demanding unrealistic money for considering himself such a long and valued member. Insane and ridiculous but considering pitman was an egotistical douche, It wouldn't surprise me.

So no.. Bumblefoot isn't solely responsible. But he didn't quit because they were already reuniting. He found out about it AFTER he announced he was quitting. So maybe he is partly to thank after all...? So yeah, if Bumblefoot doesn't quit I don't know if it helps get slash back in. The money for the threeunion was always on the table, but Axl always had a band. Tough to argue otherwise..

Edited by Billsfan

16 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

The threeunion didn't happen solely because of bumblefoot, but bumblefoot quitting sure helped Slash returning. Look at the facts:

- No one from the 2014 lineup was fired.

- Bumblefoot offered to train his own replacement but was told from crew members, NOT AXL, that a "reunion" was in the works.

- Axl even admitted himself a couple of times that he didn't speak to slash until 2015. 

- What do more vegas residencies really matter? The fact the band was still doing them wasn't all that great to begin with. Who knows what would have happened if Axl and slash didn't work things out

I think Marc Canter was probably right. Duff helped Axl see that slash was not as bad as he thought. And he also said that the only way Axl would do an appetite reunion would be if the new band opened for the old band, even though those words are too tough for some people to read for whatever reason. Axl invested too much time, too much money into nugnr and admitted he was a big fan of them.

All in saying for sure is, I don't think he had any interest in tossing the last lineup of the band away. Tommy couldn't really continue anymore for personal reasons. Bumblefoot didn't want to continue anymore because he just had it with a lineup and band that was going nowhere. Dj quit because he knew sharing a stage with slash would be a tough sell, one even he couldn't buy. Pitman either was fired for breaking the gag order or that rumor from msl or whoever was true that he was demanding unrealistic money for considering himself such a long and valued member. Insane and ridiculous but considering pitman was an egotistical douche, It wouldn't surprise me.

So no.. Bumblefoot isn't solely responsible. But he didn't quit because they were already reuniting. He found out about it AFTER he announced he was quitting. So maybe he is partly to thank after all...? So yeah, if Bumblefoot doesn't quit I don't know if it helps get slash back in. The money for the threeunion was always on the table, but Axl always had a band. Tough to argue otherwise..

This is not exactly true. Through the years 3 guitarists quit and Axl replaced them with others. He didn't call Slash or Izzy. And if Tommy had left in, say, 2009, Axl would more likely have hired a new bassist than call Duff.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

This is not exactly true. Through the years 3 guitarists quit and Axl replaced them with others. He didn't call Slash or Izzy. And if Tommy had left in, say, 2009, Axl would more likely have hired a new bassist than call Duff.

Well there were those leaked emails from 2009 from axls camp about Axl replacing duff with tommy anyways at that time. And Axl had spoken well of duff at the time Chinese democracy came out, so I think he was open to Duff returning based on that.

As far as the guitarists point you made, yeah that's true that he replaced guys but cmon, Axl and Slash were still at war when he replaced Bucket with Robin, brought Robin back, replaced Bucket with Bumble, and replaced Finck with Ashba. It took him a few years of hanging with Duff and coming to terms with things before he could trust Slash and, I think when Bumblefoot quit Axl was open to the idea based on finally getting all of the necessary information from duff as well as time healing those wounds. But he clearly wasn't sold completely until he finally spoke to slash and hashed things out. 

Edited by Billsfan

7 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well there were those leaked emails from 2009 from axls camp about Axl replacing duff with tommy anyways at that time. And Axl had spoken well of duff at the time Chinese democracy came out, so I think he was open to Duff returning based on that.

As far as the guitarists point you made, yeah that's true that he replaced guys but cmon, Axl and Slash were still at war when he replaced Bucket with Robin, brought Robin back, replaced Bucket with Bumble, and replaced Finck with Ashba. It took him a few years of hanging with Duff and coming to terms with things before he could trust Slash and, I think when Bumblefoot quit Axl was open to the idea. But he clearly wasn't sold until he finally spoke to slash and hashed things out. 

That's it. The main reason Axl called Duff and finally Slash too is that he mended his relationship with them and they reached an agreement. So, in Izzy's case, even if Fortus quits, Izzy won't be part of the reunion unless there is an agreement with him.

12 hours ago, Billsfan said:

That's a myth, the one thing. For sure with the current band is that They didn't vote in and vote out certain members. It's just denial from people who were antit Axl and anti nugnr who don't want to believe what is going on. They're managing the gigs and who gets paid what between the 3 of them, but Axl has the final say. They didn't vote on ashba, or fortus, or frank, or pitman or anyone else. That is fiction, like it or not this is axls band still and he clearly has the final say. They're playing the songs like nugnr did and they're playing nugnr songs. Yeah, it's axls call 

I mean they have to be voted in to join the partnership. Not the band.

13 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That's it. The main reason Axl called Duff and finally Slash too is that he mended his relationship with them and they reached an agreement. So, in Izzy's case, even if Fortus quits, Izzy won't be part of the reunion unless there is an agreement with him.

Yeah, but he also had those spots open on bass and lead guitar because other people quit FIRST. If fortus quit they would call Izzy, and even if things went south they'd probably give Gilby a call. That's literally how this thing has worked. If bumblefoot doesn't quit,Axl doesn't call Slash. He would just say screw it, this is my bad and these guys are working hard and I'm not throwing it away for a cheap buck. Like he always did. 

Edited by Billsfan

2 hours ago, Slim1023 said:

I mean they have to be voted in to join the partnership. Not the band.

Gotcha! Yeah you're absolutely right as far as the partnership goes. I just lol at some of the fans in denial that think that slash and duff voted or had any sort of say as far as fortus or frank being there. Neither guy even knew if Melissa Reese which was clearly an Axl decision as well 

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah, but he also had those spots open on bass and lead guitar because other people quit FIRST. If fortus quit they would call Izzy, and even if things went south they'd probably give Gilby a call. That's literally how this thing has worked

I don't agree that it has worked that way, but nevermind...

24 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't agree that it has worked that way, but nevermind...

Well it is what it is. The problem here is that you don't want to see it for what it is. The evidence is there. 2 and 2 equals 4. It's still axls band at the end of the day. They're playing Chinese material. The only cover not related to gnr is the seeker, a song gnr has been playing before slash and duff returned. The evidence is there.. it's still axls band. Slash and duff just cut themselves an equal piece of ge pie as far as pay goes to compromise

On 11/2/2016 at 3:43 PM, Billsfan said:

Well it is what it is. The problem here is that you don't want to see it for what it is. The evidence is there. 2 and 2 equals 4. It's still axls band at the end of the day. They're playing Chinese material. The only cover not related to gnr is the seeker, a song gnr has been playing before slash and duff returned. The evidence is there.. it's still axls band. Slash and duff just cut themselves an equal piece of ge pie as far as pay goes to compromise

Most likely. If they're all on the same page and getting along they all might be more open minded to what the others want but I'm sure the legal frame work of his arrangement still has Axl in control.