Adler Playing YCBM

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash and Duff do not own Guns - not since they signed it over to Axl.

wait... so Slash and Duff do not own the GnR name or brand but DO own the royalties from their respective releases? While Steven and Izzy have signed that over too? Or am I thinking this wrong...?

58 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

wait... so Slash and Duff do not own the GnR name or brand but DO own the royalties from their respective releases? While Steven and Izzy have signed that over too? Or am I thinking this wrong...?

Axl owns the name Guns N Roses. Slash and Duff dont own the name, but they remained in the legal partnership for the company of GNR. Steven was never a part of it, and Izzy bought himself out of the partnership after he quit.

they all maintain their royalty splits

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scooby845 said:

When Alder and Izzy left the band they essentially sold their stake in it to the remaining members. 

Slash and Duff didn't, Axl could continue on as Guns N'Roses but there were certain things he couldn't do without permission from Slash and Duff. That's why Axl would need Slash and Duff's permission to do things but not Izzy or Adler's. 

They all receive royalties for performances/recordings/writing they did while in the band. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

honestly 

Frank's playing is ruining epic songs such as this one - he is not getting better 

He has zero rhythm ZERO

That was pretty horrible.. YCBM is a definate fail.. Axl should really try using one of his many other great voices.. Just sing in the Brownstone voice or something.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That was pretty horrible.. YCBM is a definate fail.. Axl should really try using one of his many other great voices.. Just sing in the Brownstone voice or something.

Going for the Brownstone register in certain signs that are typically in his higher register could actually come out sounding sinister and cool. The vibe of Double Talkin' Jive would sound pretty cool. Different, but cool, and certainly better than Mickey!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

real bad 

makes me a little weary about how they are sounding in general 

axl seems to really have no way of registering vocals on this one and combined with Frank who just plays how he wants and is never loyal to a song makes it very noticeable that they need to step up 

7 hours ago, Modano09 said:

They had a say in how material that they wrote/played on or logos they created were used, yes. But Axl could continue on and call anything he did after they left Guns N'Roses.   

Then they do not really ''own GN'R'', do they? Owning something usually entails being able to do what you want to do with that object when you want.

54 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Then they do not really ''own GN'R'', do they? Owning something usually entails being able to do what you want to do with that object when you want.

Not true. Owning something does not mean that you can do whatever you want with that object. And this of normal everyday things.

When it comes to the world of business it is even more complex when you start tangling with contract and other legal minutia.

7 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Not true. Owning something does not mean that you can do whatever you want with that object. And this of normal everyday things.

When it comes to the world of business it is even more complex when you start tangling with contract and other legal minutia.

Absolute rubbish. If I buy a newspaper I can choose to read it, make paper planes out of it or chuck it in the bin as it is mine! If I buy a beer, I can drink it or leave it. But regarding the argument, If Slash and Duff, even assuming they are equal shareholders with Axl thus outvoting Axl 2:1, wanted to say, release an album or include Izzy in the reunion, would they have the power to do so? No. Would Axl have that power? Yes. This whole 'partnership' thing is a collosal fudge used by Izzy and Adler's detractors on this forum. It is just some gibberish relating to licensing and t-shirts - and it is curious as, before the reunion, it was used as a stick to beat Slash with haha.

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Absolute rubbish. If I buy a newspaper I can choose to read it, make paper planes out of it or chuck it in the bin as it is mine! If I buy a beer, I can drink it or leave it. But regarding the argument, If Slash and Duff, even assuming they are equal shareholders with Axl thus outvoting Axl 2:1, wanted to say, release an album or include Izzy in the reunion, would they have the power to do so? No. Would Axl have that power? Yes. This whole 'partnership' thing is a collosal fudge used by Izzy and Adler's detractors on this forum. It is just some gibberish relating to licensing and t-shirts - and it is curious as, before the reunion, it was used as a stick to beat Slash with haha.

You buy a dog. You own the dog. Can you starve the dog? It is yours. You own it. Apparently you can do whatever you want with it. Can you torture the dog? Can you not get the dog its vaccinations? Can you take it everywhere with you? You own it. You can do whatever you want with it, right?

ETA: I am simply disputing your comment that you can do whatever you want with things you own. That is not true.

Edited by sanity_lost

16 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

You buy a dog. You own the dog. Can you starve the dog? It is yours. You own it. Apparently you can do whatever you want with it. Can you torture the dog? Can you not get the dog its vaccinations? Can you take it everywhere with you? You own it. You can do whatever you want with it, right?

ETA: I am simply disputing your comment that you can do whatever you want with things you own. That is not true.

I've not been following the thread and was going to jump in and reply that you're a wanker for thinking humanity "owns" animals, then I realised you weren't saying that. I'm looking forward to going back over the last 5 pages of replies to see how we went from "Adler playing YCBM" to "Can you torture the dog? It is yours" :lol:

Proud animal rights activist, humanity despiser right here :headbang:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Well we are making a large analogous leap here!! A dog for a start is a living being which, in relatively modern times (not always), and only in first world countries (NB that they still cage dogs for food in certain parts of Asia still) has acquired numerous statuary rights and protective organisations. I simply cannot make that analogy work with owning a rock band.

Although you could make a good argument that Axl has ''starved and tortured Guns N' Roses'' haha, during the Nugnr era.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The partnership agreement specifically says there needs to be a unanimous vote to add or subtract members.