Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

You know, I'm not half disappointed as I thought I would be. It just feels like a big joke. Playing this theater with an opportunity to celebrate the best record to ever see the daylight and same old setlist. I would be pissed off, like for real, if they played AFD from beginning to end without Stizzy Stradler, or even if they mentioned AFD anniversary in any way without mention the other two, cause it would be wrong and disrespectful. Now what they did yesterday was just meh, I couldn't care less. The whole event just shows how this band is fucked up - a radio, building up expectations, 'omg first time playing this historical venue' to end up in an average NITL show. I mean what a joke. I fell asleep during Rocket Queen, just for you to see what have they done to my favorite song of my favorite album :facepalm: 

Anyway, Happy Appetite day, witches :heart: Now, I better go, I think I have a wedding today :ph34r: Hope you already have your 'Stizzy Stradler' outfits on, and please find the groom, I heard he is pissed off right now, he probably run away :shrugs::P 

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

By the way. Keep trying, Fortus, keep trying hard... :lol:

WHAT? Stay away from the rojo pantalones, Lortus :fuckyou: Copycat.

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

At least they got one thing right, they turned the light off on Fortus.

2nu4sid.jpg

haha I laughed my ass off when I saw this in the show thread. This and when that guy said that Axl sounded as good on this show's Estranged as he did on Estranged album version. I really lost it :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1

I'm a zombie. TGIF.

Have you ever had that moment in life when your mom or dad says "I'm not mad, just disappointed"? :lol:

Here I go. I started listening to this show expecting no Stizzy Stradler surprises. I was sure of it. I wasn't even expecting a change of setlist, not a big deal to me. I think they sounded great, had a lot of fun in the Apollo thread. @Oldest Goat and @BlueJean Baby thanks for the laughs, you're awesome:rofl-lol: My problem is this: I thought they would at least acknowledge Appetite and those missing from the show that were a very important part of it. I wasn't expecting a 5 min speech, just a shout-out. Simple as that. After all, that album is why Guns N' Roses is still making millions in 2017, Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler just like Axl, Slash & Duff are responsible for that success too but no. I got nada, zero. Alrighty then.

I don't wanna blame A/S/D for this, I don't even know if they wanted to do this special show. Maybe some things could be out of their hands, maybe not. FUCK IT. They blew it. What a shame that they couldn't put the corporate aspect of NITL away just for one fucking night. IMHO they look like robots disconnected from their fanbase.

I hope Steven ain't feeling bad right now because it's not worth it.

Moving right along...

• Like 3

It simply wasn't an anniversary show. It was a deal with Sirius and probably also a compromise to do a show on/near that date without it being an anniversary show.

And I agree with @dgnr that it would have been worse had they said anything about it during the show. The billboards though... :facepalm:

Edited by Blackstar

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It simply wasn't an anniversary show. It was a deal with Sirius and probably also a compromise to do a show on/near that date without it being an anniversary show.

And I agree with @dgnr that it would have been worse had they said anything about it. The billboards though... :facepalm:

That's why I say I don't wanna blame A/S/D. I'm sure there are things they can't control but that was the anniversary show. They made it clear: 

IMG_0772.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry haven't been on in awhile.  Work = crazy busy.  But after listening to that CRAP last night I knew I could come here and find comfort. I listened to the show with an Axl fan and a Duff fan and even they were super disappointed.  What a fucking joke.  It's all such a fucking joke.

And I cannot BELIEVE Fortus had the balls to wear the patalones rojo. Honestly. Get your own color pants, RICHARD.  Red and yellow are taken. :anger:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jane M. said:

I'm a zombie. TGIF.

Have you ever had that moment in life when your mom or dad says "I'm not mad, just disappointed"? :lol:

Here I go. I started listening to this show expecting no Stizzy Stradler surprises. I was sure of it. I wasn't even expecting a change of setlist, not a big deal to me. I think they sounded great, had a lot of fun in the Apollo thread. @Oldest Goat and @BlueJean Baby thanks for the laughs, you're awesome:rofl-lol: My problem is this: I thought they would at least acknowledge Appetite and those missing from the show that were a very important part of it. I wasn't expecting a 5 min speech, just a shout-out. Simple as that. After all, that album is why Guns N' Roses is still making millions in 2017, Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler just like Axl, Slash & Duff are responsible for that success too but no. I got nada, zero. Alrighty then.

I don't wanna blame A/S/D for this, I don't even know if they wanted to do this special show. Maybe some things could be out of their hands, maybe not. FUCK IT. They blew it. What a shame that they couldn't put the corporate aspect of NITL away just for one fucking night. IMHO they look like robots disconnected from their fanbase.

I hope Steven ain't feeling bad right now because it's not worth it.

Moving right along...

Well said, I have just skimmed my way through the Apollo thread and listened here and there for the most part it was cool and under normal circumstances  I would have really enjoyed it but why no acknowledgement of AFD at all, nothing, nada?

So where are Fernies cool ideas for AFD30 because that surly wasn't it. OK if circumstances dictate no Izzy or Steven I get it, but nothing seems plain disrespectful. Have any of them even mentioned it on social media or are they ignoring the days significance entirely?

• Like 1

Nalbi posted a very nice picture of his own version of the Appetite logo. Guy is a true artist. :lol:

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

And I agree with @dgnr that it would have been worse had they said anything about it during the show. The billboards though... :facepalm:

This is a thing that  I find seriously confusing. It's clear that the band itself didn't want to celebrate AFD 30th. Can someone really pressure them to do a gig at the anniversary/near the anniversary date? Or was it just: All right, we'll do it so you stop whining - situation? 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

Well... I was hoping to feel better this morning and I don't. Got my Forum ticket refunded and I don't even care if Izzy or Steven show up anymore... Not even those two could make me want to see Axl, Duff or Slash live again.

What a bunch of sell outs.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

Well... I was hoping to feel better this morning and I don't. Got my Forum ticket refunded and I don't even care if Izzy or Steven show up anymore... Not even those two could make me want to see Axl, Duff or Slash live again.

What a bunch of sell outs.

Exactly.

tumblr_inline_o1wku7OHdL1rku3fs_500.gif

• Like 1

Thank you @Kris_1989 and @kkferro72 for telling us that you're not feeling any better. I'd hope you would for your own sake of course. But I do neither and your openness makes me feel less alone. :lol:

Woke up to the last lousy NITL songs in the Apollo, learned there was no acknolodgement, mention, whatever of AFD5, of Izzy, of anything - and feel like an idiot for loving this band. They so don't care about their fans, they love to play with emotions and never fulfill anything they're saying or hinting at.

Why have AFD30 ads up, why choose this extra date in a small venue? It's fucked up and doesn't make sense. And anyhow, I feel glad for not being the only one who feels bad about this. And no, I cannot enjoy a NITL show on an advertised AFD30 thing. What the actual fuck?

I wished I wouldn't love any of them right now. I wanna go back being any other fan who randomly listens to some of their music and barely knows shit.

• Like 3

I was on google and came across this article

https://www.google.com/amp/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/rock/7873768/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-oral-history

maybe Izzy was going to do an interview but with Axl put a NDA on him.. if you talk to the press then I will take u to court and sue you for millions..

axl is such an as@hole.. I am hating guns more and more.. glad I didn't waste my money on them.. Let me restate that I hate the 3 members on guns right now.. IZzy and Steven rule!!

• Like 1

Posted this on Twitter already but thought I'd share here too as Im so pleased with how they turned out.

Cost about £50 in total which I thought was reasonable for a custom paint job. Would prefer to buy official merch from Izzy but he doesn't have any, we can't even buy an official bloody tshirt :lol: There was some cool merch for the Ride On tour in Japan 2000 but never seen it sold on Ebay etc, just seen one photo on Twitter of a baseball cap and a tshirt :shrugs:

• Like 4

Sometimes I see the same people defending Axl no matter what and I think "jeez, yet more psychobabble from the axl nutswingers". Do they read our posts and think "jeez, yet more psychobabble from the izzy nutswingers"? :lol: I always thought we were the sane lot, but we do seem to be in the minority round here :smiley-confused2:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, downliner said:

Do they read our posts and think "jeez, yet more psychobabble from the izzy nutswingers"? :lol: I always thought we were the sane lot, but we do seem to be in the minority round here :smiley-confused2:

Yeah, they probably think that. :lol:

And the fact that we're in the minority just proves we are really the sane lot IMO.:P

Edited by kkferro72
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

I just don't know what's worse... That they fed us bullshit for over 20 years and they were always just about the money. Or if those two just abandoned everything they believed in for a big paycheck.

I think this is most likely the reason they realized that this is probably the last chance they can earn this much so it's screw everything we're getting that money no matter what. It's duffs behavior that is most disappointing, it's appalling really considering how he was and the things he said and wrote before.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.billboard.com/amp/articles/columns/rock/7873768/guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction-oral-history

maybe Izzy was going to do an interview but with Axl put a NDA on him.. if you talk to the press then I will take u to court and sue you for millions..

axl is such an as@hole.. I am hating guns more and more.. glad I didn't waste my money on them.. Let me restate that I hate the 3 members on guns right now.. IZzy and Steven rule!!

Can axl put an NDA on him for no reason? I don't think it will be in effect unless it's signed by both parties. Not sure though I'm Not a legal person or anything

2 hours ago, downliner said:

Sometimes I see the same people defending Axl no matter what and I think "jeez, yet more psychobabble from the axl nutswingers". Do they read our posts and think "jeez, yet more psychobabble from the izzy nutswingers"? :lol: I always thought we were the sane lot, but we do seem to be in the minority round here :smiley-confused2:

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Stizzyfan01 said:

43 minutes ago, annabanana said:

Can axl put an NDA on him for no reason? I don't think it will be in effect unless it's signed by both parties. Not sure though I'm Not a legal person or anything

I can't really picture Izzy signing a NDA. I think Izzy's just said what he had to say last year and now he's back in avocadoland drone racing. :shrugs:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, downliner said:

I see that you have read my post. I saw somebody used that term earlier this year somewhere in this forum, I don't remember where. It's pretty annoying term, so I hope it doesn't stick.I don't know how much "psychobabble" we have here, maybe general fangirling/boying is more correct term (if that really is a word?).  If someone sees us as nutswingers, then they do -tough luck.

About this AFD 30th -situation, I had zero expectations and yet -the way they dealt with it - I still managed to be disappointed (I guess it's my own fault). Can you imagine any other band in their situation acting like this?  Maybe the world's most dangerous pianist doesn't believe in anniversaries or maybe the situation with Izzy and Steven is so uncomfortable for them, that they try to brush the whole AFD 30th under the rug. Either way, I'm pretty tired of this band and their shit.

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I think I'll just mostly be crackin' jokes from now on lol.

At least there are a bunch of awesome people on here though and I don't just mean people who feel exactly the same way as me. People who are interesting/funny/very sweet/genuine people.

That's pretty much how I feel at this point. If it wasn't for the awesome people here I wouldn't be posting anymore. :hug:

As for the band... Meh... I still stand by what I said earlier but I'm not as angry about it as I was this morning. I had my little rage-quit moment. I'm good now. :lol:

I'm still not putting another dime into the big 3's pocket anytime soon though. :max:

• Like 2