Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

This?

eXY4I88.png

Maybe he was talking about the stuff recorded last year? It just looks like an ad for his studio to me not anything new. :shrugs:

But did he get started on the record last year already? In his gofundme you can see there's not a lot of money raised. Poor Joey. Hope he'll do it.

Nevertheless I understand his today (?) recent post as if Izzy just came out of the studio for him....

So he's raising money and gives studio tours for special donations? Why didn't he do it when Izzy played? :awesomeface: I'm broke but I'm sure a lot of Izzy fans would have invested in that...

2 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Maybe they were filming Blair Witch 4 - Dawn of Justice,  or something  like that... and found Izzy in the process.

Where's the picture taken? 

Go to bottom left corner of the page  -> Theme

Change the theme from MyGNRforum (default) to Default 

Ehm..I think i'm stupid because i don't understand which is or where is the "bottom left corner" and "Theme" ..... :wow:

I'm sorry :facepalm:

Just now, baileyredrose said:

Ehm..I think i'm stupid because i don't understand which is or where is the "bottom left corner" and "Theme" ..... :wow:

I'm sorry :facepalm:

Scroll wayyyyyyyy down. As down as it gets.  There you see: "Theme   Privacy Policy   Contact us"

Click on theme and choose "default". :lol:

I don't know. I guess I'm just the pessimist of the no gang. :lol: I don't want to get my hopes up for anything Izzy or GNR related anymore and to me it just sounds like his usual "hey we have open time slots in the studio" ad that he posts every once in awhile.

The longest period of Izzy not releasing an album was after the JuJu Hounds (1992) and 117º (1998). Six years. So I still have hope for a new album (since I'll probably have grandkids before a GnR album :max:

A little random but the last two days I've been obsesed with the "How to be a man song", I've never really listened to Duff's stuff and I'm digging it, he has a nice voice.

3 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

I don't know. I guess I'm just the pessimist of the no gang. :lol: I don't want to get my hopes up for anything Izzy or GNR related anymore and to me it just sounds like his usual "hey we have open time slots in the studio" ad that he posts every once in awhile.

I'm sorry but I'm already the pessimist of this lot.  You held up hope for AFD30 and Izzy /Stizzy. I didn't. B-)

About Joey. Probably I don't get what slots in the studio means. He's not renting out the studio, is he? Why would he announce vacant slots? :question: 

Can someone go and ask him? :awesomeface:

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

About Joey. Probably I don't get what slots in the studio means. He's not renting out the studio, is he? Why would he announce vacant slots? :question: 

Can someone go and ask him? :awesomeface:

Joey's a co-owner (I think?) of a studio in Atlanta. So yes, he's trying to rent out the studio. Whenever they have time slots unbooked he posts about it.

I kinda get the impression that the studio is Joey's main job now and then he tours when he can but I could be wrong.

Edited by Kris_1989

1 minute ago, Kris_1989 said:

Joey's a co-owner (I think?) of a studio in Atlanta. So yes, he's trying to rent out the studio. Whenever they have time slots unbooked he posts about it.

Ah. That makes sense. And he makes his studio even more interesting when Izzy was there. So "just" can be a littel stretch. Or Izzy came around for camomile tea with Joey. :lol:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Ah. That makes sense. And he makes his studio even more interesting when Izzy was there. So "just" can be a littel stretch. Or Izzy came around for camomile tea with Joey. :lol:

Right. But there was also that Art Tavana interview where he said he talked his way into brotheryn studios and listened to Izzy's master tapes of stuff he was currently working on. (without permission :facepalm:) So he could be working on new stuff in Atlanta now. :shrugs:

I just don't want to get my hopes up. :lol:

Edited by Kris_1989

11 hours ago, Kris_1989 said:

Right. But there was also that Art Tavana interview where he said he talked his way into brotheryn studios and listened to Izzy's master tapes of stuff he was currently working on. (without permission :facepalm:) So he could be working on new stuff in Atlanta now. :shrugs:

I just don't want to get my hopes up. :lol:

I forgot about the Art Tavana thing. He really went and listend to those tapes? I need to re-read his article again. I came across Art on several podcast related with Guns n Roses. Art said he likes the non-political correctness of Guns n Roses and the sex. Lol. Sounds like a 12 year old to me enjoying sexist slurs. But whatever. To me he comes across as a guy with a strategy: He wants to write a book about GnR. Which is fine by me if he sticks to the facts, is transparent about his research methods and actually has talked to the guys themselves. I liked his "write like a historian"-post in our thread but I dislike many of his tweets. We won't be best buddies. Lol

Anyway, have you guys seen this pic? Izzy looks like an alien here. His face reminds me of someone but I don't know who - or what. :shrugs:

16277010150107907279924.jpg

35 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I forgot about the Art Tavana thing. He really went and listend to those tapes? I need to re-read his article again. I came across Art on several podcast related with Guns n Roses. Art said he likes the non-political correctness of Guns n Roses and the sex. Lol. Sounds like a 12 year old to me enjoying sexist slurs. But whatever. To me he comes across as a guy with a strategy: He wants to write a book about GnR. Which is fine by me if he sticks to the facts, is transparent about his research methods and actually has talked to the guys themselves. I liked his "write like a historian"-post in our thread but I dislike many of his tweets. We won't be best buddies. Lol

It was a Appetite for Distortion podcast that he mentioned the master tapes. I think the one where they interviewed Alan Niven? Anyway, I think you and I are on the same page when it comes to Art. I get he wants to write his book and good luck to him on that. Other than the official bios, all the GNR books have sucked so his book could be interesting if it's done right (and without personal bias like Mick Wall).

But I think he needs to be more respectful in his research. Convincing the owner of Brotheryn Studios that you're this big fan to trick him into giving you access to the master tapes is pretty sketchy to me. Did Art ever stop to think about what could happen if Izzy found out? Izzy's been using Brotheryn for years and I doubt he'll be happy that they leaked unfinished songs to the press.

I don't know... Some of the stuff Art does and says just gives me Jake Gyllenhaal/Nightcrawler vibes. :lol: Anything for the story without thinking of the repercussions of what he's doing. :wacko: But I guess on the other hand if Izzy had a problem with it I think he would of said something by now? So maybe it doesn't bother him. :shrugs:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Anyway, have you guys seen this pic? Izzy looks like an alien here. His face reminds me of someone but I don't know who - or what. :shrugs:

yes i had seen it in previous months! 

5 minutes ago, TheKillerQueen said:

I'm gonna make this my phone's screen theme :rofl-lol::hahafyou:

Good idea! :lol:

4 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Hello ladies and guys!

Courtesy of GN'R Sudamerica, a tiny little bit of info about Izzy:

This was already being discussed on the previous page. But thank you. ;)

15 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Izzy's hair is long again? 

6 hours ago, baileyredrose said:

How about no, girls? rock4

14915362_561570944041546_446177054186249

Official Asshole :rofl-lol: