06/13/17 - Munich, DE - Olympiastadion

alfierose

On 6/13/2017 at 7:23 PM, DieselDaisy said:

It seems that stodgy pasty faced capitalistic protestant countries produce reserved crowds, whereas Latin Catholic countries produce exuberance, although Bavaria is Catholic which rather makes a mess of my theory!

Running the risk of sounding like Max Weber!

London will be a riot. The majority of the crowd will be munching on prawn sandwiches and wondering why GN'R are not playing 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn'.

I hear Sinn Fein are looking for some proper foot soldiers if you're skint..

• Like 1

Hey all,

I got a Golden Circle ticket for Hannover, but I have no idea what that means in reality. How full was the section for GC ticket holders in Munich? Was ist decadently open, because they paid much, or was is cramped, because it was full of hardcore gunners?   

anyone else notice how Axl has ditched the hats and leather jackets of 2014 in favor of sunglasses / T shirts / bandana / nothing of the above?

he's showing lots more confidence and, well, he seems to actually give a fuck these days!

7 minutes ago, action said:

anyone else notice how Axl has ditched the hats and leather jackets of 2014 in favor of sunglasses / T shirts / bandana / nothing of the above?

he's showing lots more confidence and, well, he seems to actually give a fuck these days!

He's been doing that since the first show over a year ago haha.

16 hours ago, Free Bird said:

It must have been great to be that close to the stage!

About Axl: I heard him say "I remember this place".

:lol: That's all I wanted to say

It's quite possible you're right, I probably just forgot the last word while trying to remember :lol:

16 hours ago, Derick said:

That´s Gio!! Axl´s bodyguard..That guy is an animal!!!:lol:

Oh so that is his name. And yeah, he looks scary, but he was quite nice.

11 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Are you kidding? Those pics are awesome.

Thank you, but the quality of the pictures is really bad and I would have liked to take some close-ups as well, but that wasn't possible with my shitty phone camera.

7 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Who is that lenny kravitz lookalike with the glasses? He seems new

Andrei Gillott. Not new at all, he's been around for a long time. We've discussed him a lot in the Women's Thread. Also "works" for Leonardo DiCaprio, among other people.

4 hours ago, Schwarzgold said:

Hey all,

I got a Golden Circle ticket for Hannover, but I have no idea what that means in reality. How full was the section for GC ticket holders in Munich? Was ist decadently open, because they paid much, or was is cramped, because it was full of hardcore gunners?   

The front row right at the rail was mostly taken by people with Early entrance and VIP tickets, but after that it wasn't too crowded. I was standing in the second row and I still had a little bit of breathing room around me. You had even more space a couple of rows further back. So I'd say the GC area was decently full, but not cramped.

Edited by Lumikki

13 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Not a bad show again... But!

As someone who just saw Aerosmith, gnr are simply not on the same level as other pro rock groups. Vocally, Steven owns Axl... Yeah, Axl has a greater range, but on any given night who sings better? Steven, and that's speaking as a Axl rose fanatic. 

If Axl sang as well as Steven did tonight, this board would blow up. 

I don't  agree with - AXL is still the bad ass he always was - and dont even mention Joe Perry - who I love - compared to SLASH That is the not even close - SLASH is the beast of the guitar world and has been for a long time including the present 

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

This was taken during a Chinese number one suspects - yip, it would have that same reaction on me also?

Why is that chap dressed as a kamikaze pilot?

No, thats before the show startet. Probably during one of the support acts.

Edited by Harry Sunrise

I hate these discusion s about  the setlist  axls voice slash plays sloppy goddammit  during the Illusion tour the setlist was  pretty much the same every night , axl is 55 he cant sing like a 28 year old . Hes doing a great job also slash  and duff the rest of the band i dont realy care . Fortus is cool but i like gilby better . So people enjoy the shows and stop complaining .......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

I don't  agree with - AXL is still the bad ass he always was - and dont even mention Joe Perry - who I love - compared to SLASH That is the not even close - SLASH is the beast of the guitar world and has been for a long time including the present 

David Gilmour is better than Slash. 

And some others, too. ;)

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

fixed it for ya;)

Speed has not much to do with quality, Gilmour himself said he gave up on improving his speed long ago (even admitted they hired guitarists for parts he could create but not play himself), but no one can bend strings like him. ;)

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zurimor said:

Speed has not much to do to do with quality, Gilmour himself said he gave up on improving his speed long ago (even admitted they hired guitarists for parts he could create but not play himself), but no one can bend strings like him. ;)

Yeah that may be true but he ain't pretty like Slash :P

11 hours ago, action said:

Welcome to a year ago mate ;-D

Just in case..

Source: Schoeps MK4 > NBob actives > Naiant tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 
Mic Config: A-B 
Transfer: Master WAV > dEdit > FLAC V1.3.1 
Editing: Digital editing in Apple Logic Pro X V10.2.1 
EQ, compression and volume boost using iZotope Ozone7 V7.0.1299 
Single claps removed using iZotope RX 3 Declicker V3.02.812 
Fades in Audiofile Engineering Wave Editor V1.5.7 
Dithering: MBIT+ 
Format: 16 bit / 44.1 kHz 

Link: https://mega.nz/#!lVxmmQbK!faDGMIZt9QHykkCTJHNV6Gi_gyqovJWysqVYYKjlFa0

Sample: 

Sources: Alberto Di Leone and GNR Bootlegs https://web.facebook.com/notes/guns-n-roses-bootlegs/new-flac-guns-n-roses-olympiastadion-münchen-germany-june-13th-2017/1720086331354725/

Edited by Derick
  • Like 2

On 6/14/2017 at 5:36 PM, onurbayrak03 said:

he doesnt sound as he did with acdc. he sings clean. AXL ROSE is not a clean singer, he had the raspiest voices in rock. Now that he sings clean, he is BAD. If you like his vocals, thats because it doesnt sound that bad. Not bad for pop singing, bad terrible for the Axl we know.

Actually, he fucking is a clean singer! 

Also, many GNR songs don't even have that much rasp on them. He's known for the signature rasp, but that's not the only vocal technique he uses. 

• Like 1