06/29/17 - Stockholm, SE - Friends Arena

alfierose

On 30/06/2017 at 7:06 PM, calle_st said:

I went to copenhagen this week and I must say the real thing is much better than a YouTube clip. All I can say go and see them live before you say anything. It is like analysing the drivning experience of a Ferrari with just looking at YouTube clips, nothing can be compared to the real thing.

I'm sure it's a fun show. But I dislike Axl's clean voice. That's all I'm saying. I don't have to go to a concert to know that he won't magically sound like he does with ACDC in person. He will sound bad in YT and in person. I'm sure his overall performance on stage is lots of fun. But I dislike his clean voice, that's all I'm saying. Do you understand me now?

On 30/06/2017 at 5:36 PM, Asia said:

They don't hurt, they just bore to death and make us wanna throw up, especially repeated for the milionth time without any insight, sense, reason or even closeness to truth. It's pure trolling at this point. Why can't you understand that you're not a fucking voice of the subdued nation of martyrs couragous enough to criticise Axl Rose that everyone else wants to kill and bury in unsacred soil but just a winer who has no idea what he's talking about but keeps on boring people to their death.

So you want negative opinions to be removed/hidden? Have you talked to the mods about your idea?

On 01/07/2017 at 0:54 AM, ludurigan said:

i am not sure i am interested in discussing you or whatever you think about yourself (or me). i have no idea why you are talking about this. i am here talking GNR (or whatever is left of it), but i am not really sure if you noticed. it's not about you. or me.

having said that, i really must thank you for letting me know that I live in 1986 and that I am not happy! I had no idea! thanks so much for informing me about who I am, where I live and how i feel and how i think! this is priceless info! such fun to learn these things! I keep repeating myself -- the things you learn on this forum are priceless!

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Have you noticed how Axl fans always make it personal?

- Well, I don't like Axl's current voice.

- YOU ARE AN UNHAPPY TROLL.

- I didn't insult you. I'm just saying I watched him last year with ACDC and he sounded more like the Axl we are all used to know...

- YOU ARE CLUELESS YOU ARE A NERD TROLL POSTING FROM YOUR UNHAPPY BASEMENT YOUR MOM IS A WHORE!!!!!

People shouldn't be so sensitive. Axl won't reward them for their Defense Force job. He would pick up models to be in first row instead of these fans.

Opinions shouldn't hurt. Especially when it's about a millionaire rock star who doesn't even know who is behind our usernames.

I haven't check this band in a month but it seems they are playing the same old setlist they've been playing since last year, Axl still doesn't want to rasp or give the same energy he gave with AC/DC and the band still seem on auto-pilot.

I could have bought a ticket for Paris next week, but no... I'm smarter than that.

15 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I haven't check this band in a month but it seems they are playing the same old setlist they've been playing since last year, Axl still doesn't want to rasp or give the same energy he gave with AC/DC and the band still seem on auto-pilot.

I could have bought a ticket for Paris next week, but no... I'm smarter than that.

Sooner or later you'll regret that you didn't buy a ticket. :D 

51 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I don't really complain about the setlist except it containing too many covers. GNR has an amazing catalog. Songs that really deserved to be played by the regrouped trio. Too bad they really seem to enjoy playing covers. Even Black Hole Sun entered the set to stay.

But it is what it is. I'm glad many people enjoy the shows. I didn't attend their last (of many) Brazil tours. Regrets? Zero. Watching GNR (with Axl's current voice) and hanging out with the stereotypical Brazilian GNR fan is not how I like to spend a night.

I'm completely fine with their autopilot/coreographed show. Don't mind Melissa. Fortus, Frank and Dizzy are ok. Reunion is the best thing to happen to GNR since 1993. The only thing that stops me from enjoying it is Axl's voice. Many singers from that era all sound like utter shit nowadays. He's not the only one. What really makes me think is... With ACDC he sounds absolutely great. What stops him from sounding like Axl with his own band? Choice? Damaged voice? It's a shame he didn't bring his 2010 voice to the reunion. It would have been INSANE.

5 minutes ago, maynard said:

I don't really complain about the setlist except it containing too many covers. GNR has an amazing catalog. Songs that really deserved to be played by the regrouped trio. Too bad they really seem to enjoy playing covers. Even Black Hole Sun entered the set to stay.

But it is what it is. I'm glad many people enjoy the shows. I didn't attend their last (of many) Brazil tours. Regrets? Zero. Watching GNR (with Axl's current voice) and hanging out with the stereotypical Brazilian GNR fan is not how I like to spend a night.

I'm completely fine with their autopilot/coreographed show. Don't mind Melissa. Fortus, Frank and Dizzy are ok. Reunion is the best thing to happen to GNR since 1993. The only thing that stops me from enjoying it is Axl's voice. Many singers from that era all sound like utter shit nowadays. He's not the only one. What really makes me think is... With ACDC he sounds absolutely great. What stops him from sounding like Axl with his own band? Choice? Damaged voice? It's a shame he didn't bring his 2010 voice to the reunion. It would have been INSANE.

This is a big concern for me. How so they didn't throw another song into the set yet is a mystery, "Hey, Frank let's play You're Crazy or Down On The Farm would you" Are Slash & Duff happy to be in the band or what? It's like thank god Cornell didn't die in vain, because the band didn't have to rehearse one of their songs for the current leg in Europe. GNR has an amazing catalog indeed but very short, at present time, with the lineup, Axl's voice, and the absence of key members, there's only half a dozen the band could possibly play.

If you are from Brazil maynard, then I'd understand why you didn't want to spend money on a stale ticket for a superficial concert. It's not a great deal. Should we keep celebrate Sweet Child O' Mine with the rest of the world? Of course not. The current lineup is decent, strongest lineup since 2006, even though Axl was miles better in the past or with AC/DC last year. I've seen Axl last year, full-on rasp, high notes that give you shivers... It was a great memory that I don't want to be annihilated by one of the current show in Europe.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Anyone on here on that last train from Solna too Central 1am ive actually never seen soooo many people on a train im sure there was people on the roof  Lols lols

LOL We got to Solna station aroun 00.55. They announced that a last train would depart in 20 minutes and there were already loads of fans waiting so we decided to take the bus instead. When the bus arrived we were already a abou 40 fans too many but luckily we got on the bus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maynard said:

So you want negative opinions to be removed/hidden? Have you talked to the mods about your idea?

Nope. I do wish, though, that some of the people who keep on writing exactly the same old shit on every page of every show thread would cut it down just a little for the sake of the other users... you know, a little bit of pro-human attitude ;)

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Nope. I do wish, though, that some of the people who keep on writing exactly the same old shit on every page of every show thread would cut it down just a little for the sake of the other users... you know, a little bit of pro-human attitude ;)

Why? Why does it annoy you? You can scroll the page and boom! the same old shit is gone. It's magical! :)

The shows are exactly the same. The sets are exactly the same. The positive opinions are exactly the same (Axl was in a great mood!). The negative opinions are exactly the same.

What do you want from a show thread? Live updates? You get it. Periscope links? Here you go. Pics/Videos? Here are hundreds of them for you. Good/Bad reviews? You get it too.

See? There's SOOO MUCH content there's no need to censor the very few people who are unhappy. So easy to ignore it. And more important. SO EASY NOT TO TAKE IT PERSONALLY AND ATTACK THE POSTER INSTEAD OF THE POST. But Axl fans have trouble doing that.

Seriously, let people write what they want to. That's the pro-human thing to do, let people express themselves. If it's obvious trolling, report the post. If it's an honest opinion, read it, skip it, quote it and talk about it, do whatever you want. Just.... don't let opinions about such an stupid issue annoy/hurt you so easily.

40 minutes ago, maynard said:

Why? Why does it annoy you? You can scroll the page and boom! the same old shit is gone. It's magical! :)

The shows are exactly the same. The sets are exactly the same. The positive opinions are exactly the same (Axl was in a great mood!). The negative opinions are exactly the same.

What do you want from a show thread? Live updates? You get it. Periscope links? Here you go. Pics/Videos? Here are hundreds of them for you. Good/Bad reviews? You get it too.

See? There's SOOO MUCH content there's no need to censor the very few people who are unhappy. So easy to ignore it. And more important. SO EASY NOT TO TAKE IT PERSONALLY AND ATTACK THE POSTER INSTEAD OF THE POST. But Axl fans have trouble doing that.

Seriously, let people write what they want to. That's the pro-human thing to do, let people express themselves. If it's obvious trolling, report the post. If it's an honest opinion, read it, skip it, quote it and talk about it, do whatever you want. Just.... don't let opinions about such an stupid issue annoy/hurt you so easily.

Actually it's not easy to ignore it when you have to scroll through dozens of pages of the same old shitty wining. Positive reviews or any reviews whatsoever from the people attending the shows are a diferent story because they come from individuals who dragged their asses to the show, who had actually been there, seen it and share their experiences and impressions, which is always interesting cause every review is slightly different with people focusing on different aspects. While your wining, my friend, is always exactly the same, as if your record got jammed and it's just boring. I, personally, cannot understand why you come here every second night to see something you don't like and wine about it instead of getting something more interesting to do. There are other bands in the world, other hobbies, other forms of entertainment, whatever. You hate how Axl sounds, listen to Adele or whoever the hell suits you. And please stop with this nonsense that criticising Axl bothers me or us or whatever, cause that's just pure idiocy. I have criticised Axl in my life far more than I've defended or praised him and it is still true. But criticism is one thing and repeating the same old boring "his voice is 100% Mickey" a million times is just a fucking pain the ass for those who need to scroll through it and change pages all the time to find one sensible post in between. We got your message, man. Axl's voice is Mickey for your ears. We got it, really. We know it now. Most of us are Alzheimer-free and below 99 years of age, we don't need to be reminded about this life-changing information every 10 seconds.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Asia said:

Actually it's not easy to ignore it when you have to scroll through dozens of pages of the same old shitty wining. Positive reviews or any reviews whatsoever from the people attending the shows are a diferent story because they come from individuals who dragged their asses to the show, who had actually been there, seen it and share their experiences and impressions, which is always interesting cause every review is slightly different with people focusing on different aspects. While your wining, my friend, is always exactly the same, as if your record got jammed and it's just boring. I, personally, cannot understand why you come here every second night to see something you don't like and wine about it instead of getting something more interesting to do. There are other bands in the world, other hobbies, other forms of entertainment, whatever. You hate how Axl sounds, listen to Adele or whoever the hell suits you. And please stop with this nonsense that criticising Axl bothers me or us or whatever, cause that's just pure idiocy. I have criticised Axl in my life far more than I've defended or praised him and it is still true. But criticism is one thing and repeating the same old boring "his voice is 100% Mickey" a million times is just a fucking pain the ass for those who need to scroll through it and change pages all the time to find one sensible post in between. We got your message, man. Axl's voice is Mickey for your ears. We got it, really. We know it now. Most of us are Alzheimer-free and below 99 years of age, we don't need to be reminded about this life-changing information every 10 seconds.

I would respect your opinion if you didn't exaggerate so much.

Last show thread I entered must be from last year. You must be confusing me with someone else.

People quoted me and started discussing. So I guess talking about Axl's voice is still interesting to a lot of people even though they disagreed with me and attacked me instead of my points.

If Axl starts singing well again then I'll stop having negative opinions about him. Til then, I'll share thouse thoughts with you guys in here from time to time. Sorry, bro.

19 minutes ago, Asia said:

Spot on for 100000000000000!!!!!?

• Like 1

People saying about Axls voice he has been on tour since Lisbon May 7th with DC not much rest like a wk from DC too 1st Guns show then Xmas off as standard this tour runs till end of this year & i bet EU gets Arenas in 2018 he is doing shows every other day these are high energy tracks its not like Tom Jones crooning too the Ladies over the last few days a certain female singer has called off 2 shows at Wembley & another male singer struggled with his voice in Scotland over wknd & shes only 30ish & hes  a proper teeney bobber haha they both saying vocal issues so yeah im guessing Axls voice will & can change just like that he is getting older its totally bound too happen like it or not 

I doubt he cares what we think hes making $$$$$€€€€£££ anyway

Edited by Gavin82

Enough.

These show threads are not meant to discuss overall issues like Axl's voice and stuff that can be dealt with in other areas of the forum.

Please keep comments specific to the concert (with some leeway given to provide some general extrapolation).  

This is a final warning for both this thread and all subsequent show threads.  

Your cooperation is appreciated.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TroyDaBoi said:

Hello guys!  

Im a 13 year old Swede. I went to the Stockholm Concert a few days ago and I filmed the whole Sweet Child O' Mine. Here is the link and it would mean a lot for me if checked it out and maybe leaved a like. Thanks (here's the link) : 

Jäkla schysst, grabben! How was Backyard Babies?

On 30/6/2017 at 10:13 PM, Asia said:

How many of you winers have been to the aactual show? Cause you know what? This wasn't all made for you tube watching, frustrated moaners to analyze every fucking second of the footage hunting for imperfections to be able to start their old, boring tyrade every fucking night, using exactly the same words and phrases. This is meant for those who have the stamina to move their asses and go there to be part of the actual experience. An experience that is one of a kind and can't be equaled by nothing. For fuck's sake, Axl was never perfect - he messed up the lyrics, he forgot whole stanzas, he was getting too out of breath to sing half of the verses and that was the Axl of his prime. Same about Slash, he fucked up, missed notes, lost strings, got too wasted to play right, same about all the musicians in that band. It's not fucking Vienna orchestra, it's not a fucking philharmony. It is not about ideal perfection and playing every note as it was in the book. It is fucking rock'n'roll, it's the energy, the emotion, the engagement of the band and the audience and the great music behind this and the fact that this or that line was changed, altered, missed, fucked up means shit. It means nothing. It's just part of the authenticity of the whole thing. Because they don't fucking sit there on their little stools just focusing on their instruments and perfecting every sound. They're there to run, jump, dance and go through the whole thing emotionally and physically the same way as we do. And that means it will never be immaculate and this is also the whole magic of it. If somebody doesn't understand that, I suggest just go to the show and if you still don't get it, switch to fucking Strauss.

People complain and conplain all the time, it is worse than a bunch of woman having a party, let us have a good time, if you don' like the band why are you here? This is a place for love for the Guns and the Roses