06/29/17 - Stockholm, SE - Friends Arena

alfierose

I was lucky enough to make it to the Atlanta and Houston shows last years. I thought he sounded exceptional in Atlanta and of course everyone knows by now how he magically hit that second gear and obliterated the Houston gig. Hearing the 2 shows on Youtube I still think they sound amazing but whether it was the beer/live atmosphere, I'd obviously give the edge to the sound quality when I was there. Since I was born in '96 I didn't get to see the original/UYI lineup but I always wonder, if Axl sounded that great on recorded footage from that time period, I can only imagine how it was to actually BE there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tajandreas said:

I was lucky enough to make it to the Atlanta and Houston shows last years. I thought he sounded exceptional in Atlanta and of course everyone knows by now how he magically hit that second gear and obliterated the Houston gig. Hearing the 2 shows on Youtube I still think they sound amazing but whether it was the beer/live atmosphere, I'd obviously give the edge to the sound quality when I was there. Since I was born in '96 I didn't get to see the original/UYI lineup but I always wonder, if Axl sounded that great on recorded footage from that time period, I can only imagine how it was to actually BE there.

well dude, you notice those notes live where he just fuckin goes red, gives crazy eyes and SCREAMS? thats basically a whole 2010 show, it was unreal.... but i still think AXL/DC was better lol more singing less screaming

8 hours ago, Lio said:

You have a point.

Difference between you and me, is I accept that this isn't 1986 anymore, and I don't wish to be catapulted back in time. Anyway, no use arguing, I'm happy, you are not. That's too bad for you.

i am not sure i am interested in discussing you or whatever you think about yourself (or me). i have no idea why you are talking about this. i am here talking GNR (or whatever is left of it), but i am not really sure if you noticed. it's not about you. or me.

having said that, i really must thank you for letting me know that I live in 1986 and that I am not happy! I had no idea! thanks so much for informing me about who I am, where I live and how i feel and how i think! this is priceless info! such fun to learn these things! I keep repeating myself -- the things you learn on this forum are priceless!

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Homefuck said:

Axl do need to rehearse. He messed up the lyrics in estranged and he had severe timing issues in a couple of other songs, coma for example. Frank also had some timing issues in estranged.

Maybe he just needs his contact lens prescription updated.  The lyrics are on teleprompters all around the stage.  All he has to do is look down!

12 hours ago, maynard said:

Too bad he's getting worse and worse for each new leg of the tour... My Michelle with Mickey voice sounds ridiculous.

i could barely talk for three days, just screaming along a couple of songs on one concert.

Axl sang for three hours while dancing around.

multiple times a week.

multiple times a month.

multiple times a year.

I think he's fine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

Maybe he just needs his contact lens prescription updated.  The lyrics are on teleprompters all around the stage.  All he has to do is look down!

Yes, I know, maybe he thought that  he didn't need to look down just then and he was wrong. The Teleprompters won't help the timing-issues though ;)

Edited by Homefuck

While we allow for both positive and critical opinions at this forum, what we have little tolerance for is unnecessarily aggressive and rude behaviour.  

Basically, if you want to make a point and be a jerk about it, there are other places on the web you can visit.  This isn't just one of them.

Also, please refrain from posting videos as responses unless it relates directly to the topic. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, Gavin82 said:

Anyone on here on that last train from Solna too Central 1am ive actually never seen soooo many people on a train im sure there was people on the roof  Lols lols

Do you have a pic? :) I would like to see that. A train full of GNR fans. :) 

9 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Anyone on here on that last train from Solna too Central 1am ive actually never seen soooo many people on a train im sure there was people on the roof  Lols lols

Ha! Yea i was in that train. Fucking exhausted and proud.

was also fucking cool to meet people at the bandhotel from all arpund the world. Met a girl from japan who is travelling the whole fucking planet to see them. Also met @NorwegianGirl who was fucking cool also.

Edited by xBrownstonex
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

was also fucking cool to meet people at the bandhotel from all arpund the world. Met a girl from japan who is travelling the whole fucking planet to see them. Also met @NorwegianGirl who was fucking cool also.

This girl from Japan name is TAKO ??

2 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

This girl from Japan name is TAKO ??

@GNR-girl No i dont BUT this Blonde Swedish girl does i was stood nx too her n her mate she has a pic of the whole walkway the door way i cant even explain how many people were on this train  

If this girl is on here come forward she seemed like such a good laugh

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

You were the one who actually met Duff right? While me and my friend was at the back of the hotel?:lol: I just remember talking to a guy at the front entrance who also said he's a member on here so, gotta be you?? Was cool to meet you too! :headbang:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NorwegianGirl said:

You were the one who actually met Duff right? While me and my friend was at the back of the hotel?:lol: I just remember talking to a guy at the front entrance who also said he's a member on here so, gotta be you?? Was cool to meet you too! :headbang:

Yea that was me :-)

• Like 1

On 01/07/2017 at 5:14 AM, action said:

i could barely talk for three days, just screaming along a couple of songs on one concert.

Axl sang for three hours while dancing around.

multiple times a week.

multiple times a month.

multiple times a year.

I think he's fine.

You are not a professional singer. You are not famous. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Axl, on the other hand, is a professional singer and as a public figure must be prepared to be judged by his performances.

I'm glad you enjoy his clean voice.