06/29/17 - Stockholm, SE - Friends Arena

alfierose

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Apparantely this one just beat it by one minute then haha.

I stopped "counting" after the last tone of paradise city, so i didnt count the fireworks and the final bow in.

Anyway, it doesnt matter, very happy for stockholm and sweden, that they had such a great show and sweden is anyway the coolest country in europe.

14 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I really don't know how Axl does it at his age and still so well...

This is some serious shit this far into it all. night after fuckin' night, country after country!

Fuckin' salute! ;-D

He does it by saving his voice and sounding like shit, unfortunately.

But yeah, it's great that an Axl Rose parody can go for 3 hours on stage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lio said:

Tens of thousands of people going to those shows every night love him. They're not all deluded fanboys. They're getting only positive reviews too.

I think you'll have to admit it's you. It's not perfect, but it never was, and it never will be. You'll just have to accept you'll never like Axl anymore. Which is okay. It's just a bit annoying that you call him a parody when tens of thousands of people return home ecstatic and really happy every night, after enjoying one of the best shows they've ever been to. I wonder if maybe you've become a parody of yourself instead.

Well. I can't speak for those tens of thousands of people. I can only share my own opinion which I hope you don't want censored.

Obviously they are not fanboys, they are casual fans. The same casual fans that don't bother if Jon Bon Jovi lipsynchs here and there. Or those that don't mind NIN playing "Closer" yet again. See? Low standards.

The shows get positive reviews because people in general don't mind about Axl's terrible clean voice. I do and I enjoy sharing my opinion about it from time to time (I'm not even that active here anymore, can't be THAT annoying).

I have no problem accepting I don't like Axl anymore. Why would I? I did enjoy how demonic he sounded on ACDC although I don't like the band. And the brief moments where he seemed to give a shit about GNR too. You'll see nothing but praise from my end when Axl does something I consider cool. (Recent examples: 06-10 voice, AXLDC voice, giving Slash a call).

Why does it annoy you when I call him a parody? A BAD parody would be the right term, actually.

Ridiculous hats, big belly, nostalgic setlist, no artistic drive, awful voice that doesn't come close to how great he used to sound 7 years ago. SEVEN. I'm not demanding 87-93 quality. Fuck, he sounded great last year in another band. I am being irrational here? Don't think so.

Again, I can't speak for the ecstatic fans. I'm glad they are happy. I'm sharing MY opinion.

How can a poster become a parody of himself? I never had a gimmick. Never trolled for the sake of trolling. I'll have positive opinions about what I consider good and negative opinions for what I consider bad.

Axl kicked ass with ACDC.

Axl was very intelligent in calling Slash back.

NITL is the best thing to happen to GNR since 1993.

Axl sounds like shit currently despite of people having fun listening to WTTJ and SCOM.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

I like how hes singing right at the 2.05 mark usually he does it like stop start  

"With your ass in the air"

Wow! Axl's rasp was really on point for that Nightrain. Sounded sharp as fuck.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gnrwho said:

mickey mouse at his finest

What are you still doing here? I thought you were just trolling with that info about the big announcement last month. Guess you like it here.

I don't know the song slts, but the complete setlist is in the first post of this thread. :)

• Like 1

Having qued up at the LN tent for 30mins too get our merch which they Email me too collect then getting there too be told they DONT have any thing too give out come back after the show we may be able too get you a book LOLs LOLs LOLs my only real complaint

Slash totally kicks ass he works soooo fucking hard

30 track set list if im honest was glad for it too end my feet and lower back are fucked..!!!!!

Rosie was awsume also CW was amazing PC another good 1 also knocking on heavens door i liked ´The Sheeker even tho its RD song he did it well live

Fair play too bloke trying too carry 6 pints in his hands too the rails barge his way thru i told him too fuck off....!!!!!  not being a twat but at least ask too come thru the crowd he had a right paddy & left for the back of GC

Would i buy VIP tix no way its just the same as GC we even walked in at 7pm i got few rows from rails these were only tixs we could get on sale do tho

Taxis in stockholm ARE THE BIGGEST SKANK EVER..!!!! HOPE NO 1 HAS FALLEN FOR THERE BULL SHIT PRICES we got bus from Airport & Tram to Friends Arena

1 taxi was like 900SEK from Arlanda then in town another wanted 500SEK too our Hotel few blocks away LOLs

As for people saying  about Axl voice hes been flat out all last year from May 7th Lisbon with DC a show every other day with Guns since this current tour started its not like hes Tom Jones taking his time crooning too the ladies this is energetic stuff his voice box is taking a pounding &hes adding dates this tour will be back for a 2nd leg no doubt Arenas in EU 

Ill type more asap

Edited by Gavin82
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Tens of thousands of people going to those shows every night love him. They're not all deluded fanboys. They're getting only positive reviews too.

I think you'll have to admit it's you. It's not perfect, but it never was, and it never will be. You'll just have to accept you'll never like Axl anymore. Which is okay. It's just a bit annoying that you call him a parody when tens of thousands of people return home ecstatic and really happy every night, after enjoying one of the best shows they've ever been to. I wonder if maybe you've become a parody of yourself instead.

Is nice apparent  be "cool" and elitist, spot on you post

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Is nice apparent  be "cool" and elitist, spot on you post

22 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Youre so fucking wrong about this, its really embarrassing to read your bullshit. There are lots of casuals, yes, but there are also lots of die hards who love this band with the same passion as everyone else in here. And anyway, what does it have to do with judging a show? Casual fans cant judge axls performance as much as die hard nerds? Its ridiculous, really. Your arrogance does make you look very childish. 

oh and ps.: everytime someone opposes your statements, you come with the censoring bullshit. Nobody cares about censoring your shit, but as much as you have the right to spill your vomit here, everyone else can say that what your writing is absolute horseshit.

Absolutelly exact ☺

On 2017-06-30 at 11:08 AM, xBrownstonex said:

Youre so fucking wrong about this, its really embarrassing to read your bullshit. There are lots of casuals, yes, but there are also lots of die hards who love this band with the same passion as everyone else in here. And anyway, what does it have to do with judging a show? Casual fans cant judge axls performance as much as die hard nerds? Its ridiculous, really. Your arrogance does make you look very childish. 

oh and ps.: everytime someone opposes your statements, you come with the censoring bullshit. Nobody cares about censoring your shit, but as much as you have the right to spill your vomit here, everyone else can say that what your writing is absolute horseshit.

People with low standards will accept below par performances with a smile in their faces. Casual fans can and judge Axl's performance all the time. Don't know what you're talking about. This thread is filled with reviews and you don't see me criticizing any of them. Please, stop acting like a teenage fan of some boyband. Please.

I know he's able to sound like a powerhouse using his trademark raspy voice. But he sounds like Mickey Mouse. Casual fans and die hard fans can enjoy it all they want.

Ok, hopefully now you understand what I'm saying. PM me if you want me to make a drawing.

Edited by downzy
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lio said:

It's not perfect, but it never was

were you alive 1986-1991?

if you were not, you can go to this new (sorta secret) "time travel" website that NASA has been working on.

it's actually a beta version (not officially released yet). This "time travel" website brings you back in time to various different dates and places. You can try it here = https://nasa.beta.timetravel.19861991.keywordsguns&n&roses.com

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

were you alive 1986-1991?

if you were not, you can go to this new (sorta secret) "time travel" website that NASA has been working on.

it's actually a beta version (not officially released yet). This "time travel" website brings you back in time to various different dates and places. You can try it here = https://nasa.beta.timetravel.19861991.keywordsguns&n&roses.com

I was alive and well even back then. I tend to not live in the past but in the now.

46 minutes ago, Lio said:

I was alive and well even back then. I tend to not live in the past but in the now.

yeah me too, thats why i am following this band guns n roses, not sure you know who they are. these guys hate nostalgia, they could very well live off of their glorious past playing three-hours greatest hits live shows but instead they are playing 80% new songs on the set, it's mindblowing

:rofl-lol:

4 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

yeah me too, thats why i am following this band guns n roses, not sure you know who they are. these guys hate nostalgia, they could very well live off of their glorious past playing three-hours greatest hits live shows but instead they are playing 80% new songs on the set, it's mindblowing

:rofl-lol:

You have a point.

Difference between you and me, is I accept that this isn't 1986 anymore, and I don't wish to be catapulted back in time. Anyway, no use arguing, I'm happy, you are not. That's too bad for you.