08/02/17 - Denver, CO - Sports Authority Field

Estranged Reality

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

99% of the people I have talked to after shows have said that Slash was the highlight.. Most people like it.

Yes , i said this for this people of forum what complain,and is opportunity what SLASH"shine "  and  Axl rest

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GunsNRevolvers2 said:

Ive seen Slash with VR/solo a ton but holy fuck was it mind blowing to just watch him take his original GnR licks to the next level, the extended intro on DTJ was sweet and he even threw a little Slayer tease into part of the Godfather solo which I'm assuming was because they were also playing about 20 minutes down the road last night. 

I just listened to the whole thing and didn't hear any Slayer... ?

SLASH is being SLASH - he has always threw in all those solos - GNR was always his baby live - AXL -DUFF-RICHAED-FRANK --the band is tight as fuck - In 1991 and 1992 when I seen GNR he was always SLASH ripping solos and improvs  after and before songs nothing has change just glad a whole new generation gets to see it - AXL IS A FUCKING BEAST 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HeldOnToTheGuns said:

Haha! That's funny. I'm a dummy when it comes to forums. Anyway, it was surreal. We thanked them for their talent and time. Told Duff we loved his book! We tried to be calm. Haha. RNFNR! We saw Dizzy, Fortus, Frank, Melissa, but weren't close enough.  ??

I met Duff a long time ago. I wanna say 2004, I think? It was the week before Contraband came out, so whenever that was lol. He was SO nice to my brother and I. Class act. Really good guy.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GunsNRevolvers2 said:

Absolutely phenomenal show. First Guns show I've seen since 2010 and the first time in my life I've seen Axl, Slash and Duff all together obviously with my first show being in 2001.

Scored floor seats at the 50 yard line dead center for $40 a pop which was insane, I honestly thought we got ripped off with how cheap the guy was letting em go.

Ive been on this forum for probably 10 years or so now and purposely haven't followed anything since last summer, I figured it would be 3/4 of the usual setlist and was right with that but MAN Double Talkin Jive, Yesterday's, Memory/Attitude, Used To Love Her and Coma really caught me off guard, I knew they were sort of in the rotation but wasn't expecting all of that! Black Hole Sun cover was totally unexpected and fucking awesome.

Axl sounded really strong which I was skeptical about heading into the show due to the altitude. Tons of smiles and was more engaging than I expected also. 

Ive seen Slash with VR/solo a ton but holy fuck was it mind blowing to just watch him take his original GnR licks to the next level, the extended intro on DTJ was sweet and he even threw a little Slayer tease into part of the Godfather solo which I'm assuming was because they were also playing about 20 minutes down the road last night. 

All in all an unbelievable show and a night I'll definitely never forget, only complaint would be the amount of casuals who barely reacted at all/sat down unless one of the "hits" was being played.. Ran past security to the front of the seats behind the pit dead center for the 5 song encore, the crowd was way better down there obviously and I tried to line myself up for the mic toss and thought I was in a good spot but Axl just gave it a small underhand toss a couple feet into the pit.

Guns N Fucking Roses though, wow.

I want to hear that solo by slash did you record or know of any recordings.

19 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Suppose it depends what you're into, but I've never been bored at a Metallica gig because they keep in tight with little to no waffling, maybe 10 minutes of noodling/talking and the rest is song after song for 2hrs. GnR probably do about 20/30mins of guitar solos in a set... that to me is excessive and boring. I know that I was bored out of my mind during most of the solo spots, and would much rather a shorter show or one or two more GNR tracks and shorter band breaks interspersed throughout the set. Plenty of people like the current way the NR set is, plenty like me, think it could be trimmed down and made a lot more entertaining (definite dip in crowd enthusiasm around the Coma mark)

The thing is, GNR were ALWAYS like this.  Lots of Bs btw songs, etc.  Its expected, not really sure how you could be "bored" at the show???

• Like 1