08/08/17 - Miami, FL - Marlins Park

For some reason I cannot post unless I am using IE, firefox and chrome are not displaying the comment editor for some reason.

Anyway, what an awesome show! As someone else posted I was also at the Orlando show which was pretty freaking epic but the show Tuesday was wayyy better. These guys really are tight and have really gelled as a live act since last July. Amazing. 

If you have a chance to catch this show, don't miss it!!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Inbox said:

Especially for thinking that EVERYBODY in the audience agrees (or SHOULD agree) with his political views. Thank God for Hollywood celebs or else we'd be living in the dark. :facepalm:

Well, considering that people offended by the Mexican piñata swore that they would never spend another dime on Gn'R, his assumption must have been correct.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFGnR said:

And, hope cooler heads prevail, I think he said.

Towards the very end he said, "As they say, let's, let's pray cooler heads prevail."

56 minutes ago, Inbox said:

Especially for thinking that EVERYBODY in the audience agrees (or SHOULD agree) with his political views. Thank God for Hollywood celebs or else we'd be living in the dark. :facepalm:

This commentary wasn't really THAT political.  I mean, you could sense that he isn't a Trump fan but his comments were more along the lines of the threats Trump made possibly leading to North Korea trying to hit us with a nuke.  No matter your political views, that result is not out of the realm of possibility.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Towards the very end he said, "As they say, let's, let's pray cooler heads prevail."

This commentary wasn't really THAT political.  I mean, you could sense that he isn't a Trump fan but his comments were more along the lines of the threats Trump made possibly leading to North Korea trying to hit us with a nuke.  No matter your political views, that result is not out of the realm of possibility.

Trump didn't make a threat, he warned. Big difference.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

I interpret his comment most as prayer for peace

• Like 1

A couple of last comments about the show and how people are raving about it.  Former University of Miami and professional football player Brett Romberg is currently a host of a sports talk show.  For the last 2 days he's been raving about how great the show was and how great Axl sounded.

A final thought on the common complaint about Frank and song tempo.  I found a recording of the last hour of the 12/31/91 show in Miami on youtube.  YCBM was the second song on it.  I played that video and the one from the 2017 Marlins park show simultaneously in 2 browser tabs. I paused the 2017 right when Axl began to say "I'm" at the beginning.  Then I let the 1991 version play and restarted the 2017 version as soon as Axl began to sing in 1991.  The tempo is almost EXACTLY the same.  I could mute the audio on either one and Axl would be singing the exact same syllable.

I know that PC is definitely crazy fast tempo now but that has to be on purpose.

• Like 1

After the speech about trump he actually says more .....between the punch lines of KOHD, I was literally directly below him and have video of it. He says something like "that's what im talking about" then something like "its not impossible to do."  How do I upload a video so someone can figure this out.  Sounds like he's making jokes about the band

Edited by PopcornAdler

1 hour ago, PopcornAdler said:

After the speech about trump he actually says more .....between the punch lines of KOHD, I was literally directly below him and have video of it. He says something like "that's what im talking about" then something like "its not impossible to do."  How do I upload a video so someone can figure this out.  Sounds like he's making jokes about the band

Open a YouTube account and upload it there. Then you can post it.

Earlier in the show he said something like "say it again, Frank." It was in a jovial voice but I never heard Frank say anything. Maybe it was a channel on the IEM mix but it'd be interesting to know what Frank said.

6 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I'm sure Axl said it because he as well as most of us don't want another war or anyone else to die.

Trump's comments were emotional, but when you're President you have to think before you act. Kim, NK's leader, is crazy and he's a perfect example of not thinking before he acts. Trump and the rest of the nations need to talk him down or else there will probably be bad consequences happening. I hope not, but I don't trust NK one bit and all this talk about attacking Guam is very disturbing.

Axl's comment was meant to ease tensions and hopefully most of us want that too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I'm sure Axl said it because he as well as most of us don't want another war or anyone else to die.

Trump's comments were emotional, but when you're President you have to think before you act. Kim, NK's leader, is crazy and he's a perfect example of not thinking before he acts. Trump and the rest of the nations need to talk him down or else there will probably be bad consequences happening. I hope not, but I don't trust NK one bit and all this talk about attacking Guam is very disturbing.

Axl's comment was meant to ease tensions and hopefully most of us want that too.

Spot on 👍