08/08/17 - Miami, FL - Marlins Park

6 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

A few weeks ago i said i was thinking about selling my tickets because of how Axl sounded in Europe. Glad I didn't!! This was my 7th  time seeing them (02, 06, 10, 12 twice, 16,  and last night.) I don't remember hearing Axl sound better. Great, great show. 

It was weird they decided to leave the roof open considering how hot it was but maybe that's what helped with the sound? 

Guns n Roses absolutely puts on the best concert you'll ever see. This year alone I've seen Metallica, Paul McCartney, Iron Maiden, Ghost, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, Reo Speedwagon, Styx, Neil Diamond, a 2 day country festival, Kid Rock, Def Leppard, George Thorogood, Bret Michaels, and probably a few more I'm forgetting. It's not even a close comparison. 

Bloody hell, I'm jealous - all those bands you've seen!  Especially Def Leppard, what were they like?  30th anniversary for those guys this year too.  Thanks for the mini-review.  I don't know what it is, but since Apollo, the band on the whole seems to have found some extra energy, particularly Axl.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Don't know about that. I've seen Maiden live, they're kind of unbeatable.

Maidens setlist this year really holds them down. I love Maiden, great live act,  but I would say the GnR show I saw in St Louis was better than Maiden in Vegas.  Close call though.

• Like 3

The ONLY thing I can kinda knock Maiden for is that every time I've seen them they were touring a new album. So over half of the setlist is always new songs. 

Def Leppard still sounds great. The band is always so tight. Joe Elliot doesn't hit the high notes like he used to but when you're there you don't notice. 

• Like 1

Just now, JimMorrison4 said:

The ONLY thing I can kinda knock Maiden for is that every time I've seen them they were touring a new album. So over half of the setlist is always new songs. 

Suits me fine, I don't want to hear Run To The Hills, Hallowed or Wrathchild for the millionth time, infact I would trade more "classics" for a full rendition of Empire Of The Clouds. You have to admire the fact they're always going forward, and their output quality has never waned. It's not like they don't do their retro tours either. I remember they toured nothing but DiAnno era stuff at one point and early Bruce stuff other years. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Axl sounded amazing inEurope...You made conclusion with yt videos...And I'm glad you'were wrong...

Axl sounded bloody amazing in Euro dates...I was there

Yes YouTube videos are legitimate sources of info...geeze lol

source:  me, I've watched a ton of videos from the St Louis show and they accurately reflect how he and the band sounded...amazing isn't it.  

Edited by tsinindy

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Miami New Times, LLC

Guns N' Roses Made Up for Lost Time With Three-Hour Set at Marlins Park

CELIA ALMEIDA | AUGUST 9, 2017 | 9:03AM
They say rock n' roll is dead in 2017 - a shell of the cultural touchstone it once was, eclipsed by computer-generated sounds and gone by the wayside in a karmic retelling of rock's past usurpation of jazz as America's leading musical force. "They" haven't seen Slash play Eric Clapton's "Layla" solo with Axl Rose on piano in front of 35,000 rabid fans wearing Guns N' Roses T-shirts like compulsory uniforms.

After decades of public feuding and separate musical projects, "The Most Dangerous Band in the World" made up for lost time at Marlins Park with a blistering 3-hour set of arena-ready hits, and asserted its place in rock's disciplic succession with tributes to many of the rock n' roll gods who came before (and after) them.

The first of these tributes came before GNR even hit the stage, as the offstage announcer introduced the band by shouting out the "Rhinestone Fucking Cowboy" Glen Campbell, whose death was announced just a few hours before the show.

Running onstage to the Looney Tunes theme-song, the band opened with "It's So Easy," off the career-defining albumAppetite for Destruction. The Not In This Lifetime tour marks the reunion of original members Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan in celebration of Appetite's 30th anniversary.

Guns N' Roses powered through the energetic set as sweat dripped off their bodies and Axl Rose changed T-shirt after T-shirt.

Guns N' Roses musicians can act as hard as they want - and they do. But at their core, they're crowd pleasers. They know their fans want raining pyro, climbing and jumping off stage monitors, and extended guitar solos. They delivered handsomely to a melting audience that vocalized and tweeted their displeasure at the Park's decision to keep the roof open without AC at the height of Miami summer. Sitting in the heat was bad, but GNR nevertheless powered through the energetic set as sweat dripped off their bodies and Axl Rose changed T-shirt after T-shirt.

Guns N' Roses Made Up for Lost Time With Three-Hour Set at Marlins Park
Photo by George Martinez

Rose faded in and out of view during the show, appearing when his voice was needed for songs like "Rocket Queen," "You Could Be Mine," "My Michelle," and the still-shocking "Used to Love Her." He bowed out during the many times Slash took center stage for extended solos, like his instrumental cover of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here."

That was just one of many tributes, both subtle and overt, to the band's rock heroes. Slash closed out "Civil War" with a few licks of Jimi Hendrix's "Voodoo Child" and duck-walked across the stage like Chuck Berry, as  McKagan played in his Lemmy shirt and displayed a purple Prince symbol on his bass guitar.The most powerful tribute of the night came in the form of a moving cover of "Black Hole Sun," in memory of Soundgarden frontman and Slash and McKagan collaborator Chris Cornell. The rendition also allowed space for Rose to sing in his gorgeous lower register, which goes criminally underused in favor of his admittedly impressive sky high range.

The show hit the three-hour mark during the band's four-song encore, which included "Patience" and "Paradise City." Fans had been clamoring for these songs from the stands throughout the show. Saving his only political statement for the end of the show, Axl Rose asked the crowd to sing along with vigor during "Knockin' On Heaven's Door," alluding to Donald Trump's terrifying "fire and fury" comments regarding possible nuclear war with North Korea. "This could be the last time we get to sing it," he said, before voicing his wish for cooler heads to prevail. After all, after a lifetime of public spats and outbursts, his band's twilight success is living proof of what can be accomplished when people set egos aside and finally get to work.

Thanks for post this great review,the people complain for the roof open was very hot, poor people and also the band 😎

11 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The sound quality would suffer greatly if the roof was shut. I guarantee the concert was better Bc they had it opened. 

Agree.  It would echo like crazy because, unlike an arena, there is no sound baffle on the underside of the roof.

25 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The sound quality would suffer greatly if the roof was shut. I guarantee the concert was better Bc they had it opened. 

Yes, i not think in  the sound, just in hot , because i hate hot weather, i suffer much ,these was my point

Here is my review if anyone cares to read it...

Got there at around 7pm, traffic was crazy but I was able to make it to my seat on time, they started around 8pm. I went with two other casual fans, and my brother who knows all the UYI and AFD stuff, not really into CD. It was hot and sticky, I thought Axl would not be wearing any of his jackets, but he did and by Chinese Democracy he was soaking wet from his sweat. Anyhow, I've seen them in 2002-2006-2012(?)-Vegas Night 1, yet, this has been my favorite performance. I didn't see any periscopes or anything the past few weeks, so I didn't know what to expect. Axl sounded AMAZING, both of my casual fans friends were blown away by his voice, he was on fire the entire time, LALD was a highlight, he really brought the house down with that. He was running around, at least more than the Europe leg. Slash was moving around a lot too. The production is great too, if you don't have tickets yet, make sure you find one, I thought Miami was going to be an ok show, but it was GREAT. 

Now I want to go see them in the PIT at another show! Gonna have to fly out somewhere.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, lenni19 said:

Axl looks fucking cool with the cap 😀 

I hope he will wear it every show from now 😀 

I was thinking that too!  Loving the cap, way more than the cowboy hat.  In any case, he's in great shape lately, best he's looked for ages.  Dare I say it, he seems to be getting his mojo back?

• Like 1