08/08/17 - Miami, FL - Marlins Park

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

It was a really great show, would have loved to have been there. But time for this girl to get some sleep, been up since 3 am. 😣

uggh! rest well my friend I will be feeling this "great" show in the am I feel ya

12 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:
40 minutes ago, Ratam said:

😯😐😮??

I need to hear it again, but he mentioned Trump's threats to N Korea today about being met with fire and fury like has never been seen before, that Trump owned golf courses near there and who knows they may not get to play these songs again, then something about he was trying to make lemons from lemonade. And let's pray cooler heads prevail. 

It's around 45 min. mark

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1djGXLkvWgNGZ

Too tired to post a full review but it was a great show. I'm convinced that high humidity somehow helps Axl's rasp. WTTJ sounded full rasp live. There were a few slightly weak spots but overall his voice was very strong.

Plus it was like an old school GNR show. We got a late start where you had no idea when they'd come on (pretty sure it was to let people stuck on traffic get there). As a bonus we got a mid song rant about Trump and North Korea.

Axl (and Duff and Richard) were interacting a lot with the crowd up front which was great.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It's around 45 min. mark

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1djGXLkvWgNGZ

Thanks @Blackstar 😆

He said he was sure we had all heard our wonderful leader had made threats against N Korea today, threatening fire and fury like the world has never seen before. He has golf courses near here doesn't he, somewhere around here, in Florida anyway. Who knows this could be the last time we get to sing this, so we need to really put our heart in it. I'm just saying we want this to work out differently, just trying to make lemonade from lemons here.

No exact quote but very close, on my phone so I can't play it while I type. But he is right, this is a terrifying situation 😣

29 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Good show?

The best, it rocked :headbang:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I cannot wait to see them play Estranged next month! Look at all the energy..I've never seen Axl run around like that. And that final solo from Slash where he jumps on the monitor...that's an incredible rock performance right there. Those guys were definitely feeling it last night! Great performance 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I need to hear it again, but he mentioned Trump's threats to N Korea today about being met with fire and fury like has never been seen before, that Trump owned golf courses near there and who knows they may not get to play these songs again, then something about he was trying to make lemons from lemonade. And let's pray cooler heads prevail. 

Thank you , yes i read this thread with NORT KOREA 😦

14 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Probably the best US show until now... Even better than San Diego's or Houston last year.

I think setlist wise, energy wise, you could make that argument. However most of us are hardwired to only judge Axl's performance because of years of him being the sole member. And so for that mindset it would be really difficult to find a better performance than Houston. 

But like I stated above I've never seen so much energy in Estranged as I saw in that video. They seem to really be spreading their wings now even if Axl isn't where he was vocally this time last year. I think last nights performance was sensational.

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

Miami New Times, LLC

Guns N' Roses Made Up for Lost Time With Three-Hour Set at Marlins Park

CELIA ALMEIDA | AUGUST 9, 2017 | 9:03AM
They say rock n' roll is dead in 2017 - a shell of the cultural touchstone it once was, eclipsed by computer-generated sounds and gone by the wayside in a karmic retelling of rock's past usurpation of jazz as America's leading musical force. "They" haven't seen Slash play Eric Clapton's "Layla" solo with Axl Rose on piano in front of 35,000 rabid fans wearing Guns N' Roses T-shirts like compulsory uniforms.

After decades of public feuding and separate musical projects, "The Most Dangerous Band in the World" made up for lost time at Marlins Park with a blistering 3-hour set of arena-ready hits, and asserted its place in rock's disciplic succession with tributes to many of the rock n' roll gods who came before (and after) them.

The first of these tributes came before GNR even hit the stage, as the offstage announcer introduced the band by shouting out the "Rhinestone Fucking Cowboy" Glen Campbell, whose death was announced just a few hours before the show.

Running onstage to the Looney Tunes theme-song, the band opened with "It's So Easy," off the career-defining albumAppetite for Destruction. The Not In This Lifetime tour marks the reunion of original members Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan in celebration of Appetite's 30th anniversary.

Guns N' Roses powered through the energetic set as sweat dripped off their bodies and Axl Rose changed T-shirt after T-shirt.

Guns N' Roses musicians can act as hard as they want - and they do. But at their core, they're crowd pleasers. They know their fans want raining pyro, climbing and jumping off stage monitors, and extended guitar solos. They delivered handsomely to a melting audience that vocalized and tweeted their displeasure at the Park's decision to keep the roof open without AC at the height of Miami summer. Sitting in the heat was bad, but GNR nevertheless powered through the energetic set as sweat dripped off their bodies and Axl Rose changed T-shirt after T-shirt.

Guns N' Roses Made Up for Lost Time With Three-Hour Set at Marlins Park
Photo by George Martinez

Rose faded in and out of view during the show, appearing when his voice was needed for songs like "Rocket Queen," "You Could Be Mine," "My Michelle," and the still-shocking "Used to Love Her." He bowed out during the many times Slash took center stage for extended solos, like his instrumental cover of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here."

That was just one of many tributes, both subtle and overt, to the band's rock heroes. Slash closed out "Civil War" with a few licks of Jimi Hendrix's "Voodoo Child" and duck-walked across the stage like Chuck Berry, as  McKagan played in his Lemmy shirt and displayed a purple Prince symbol on his bass guitar.The most powerful tribute of the night came in the form of a moving cover of "Black Hole Sun," in memory of Soundgarden frontman and Slash and McKagan collaborator Chris Cornell. The rendition also allowed space for Rose to sing in his gorgeous lower register, which goes criminally underused in favor of his admittedly impressive sky high range.

The show hit the three-hour mark during the band's four-song encore, which included "Patience" and "Paradise City." Fans had been clamoring for these songs from the stands throughout the show. Saving his only political statement for the end of the show, Axl Rose asked the crowd to sing along with vigor during "Knockin' On Heaven's Door," alluding to Donald Trump's terrifying "fire and fury" comments regarding possible nuclear war with North Korea. "This could be the last time we get to sing it," he said, before voicing his wish for cooler heads to prevail. After all, after a lifetime of public spats and outbursts, his band's twilight success is living proof of what can be accomplished when people set egos aside and finally get to work.

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Typo