08/08/17 - Miami, FL - Marlins Park

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

What is freestyle rhythm?theys like all type of music?

In Brazil if any of artist from freestyle could open to GNR that public would loved LOL

"Radio stations nationwide began to play hits by artists like TKA, Sweet Sensation, Connie, Exposé and Sa-Fire on the same playlists as Michael Jackson and Madonna. "(You Are My) All and All" by Joyce Sims became the first freestyle record to cross over into the R&B market, and was one of the first to reach the European market. Radio station WPOW/Power 96 was noted for exposing freestyle to South Florida in the mid-'80s through the early '90s, as well as mixing in some local Miami bass into its playlist. 'Pretty Tony' Butler produced several hits on Miami's Jam-Packed Records, including Debbie Deb's "When I Hear Music" and "Lookout Weekend", and Trinere's "I'll Be All You'll Ever Need" and "They're Playing Our Song". Company B, Stevie B, Paris By Air, Linear, Will to Power and Exposé's later hits defined Miami freestyle. Tolga Katas is credited as one of the first persons to create a hit record entirely on a computer,[citation needed] and produced Stevie B's "Party Your Body", "In My Eyes" and "Dreamin' of Love". Katas' record label Futura Records was an incubator for artists such as Linear, who achieved international success after a move from Futura to Atlantic Records. Many labels expected New York freestyle and Miami freestyle to have the same audience and thought that the same promotional strategy would work for both genres, which often led to poor results for the New York–based freestyle. New York freestyle retained a raw edge and underground sound even in its most polished forms. It used minor chords that made the tracks darker and more moody, and its lyrics tended to be about unrequited love or more somber themes that dealt with the reality of what inner city teens were experiencing emotionally."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freestyle_music

1 hour ago, Lucky girl said:

In Brazil if any of artist from freestyle could open to GNR that public would loved LOL

"Radio stations nationwide began to play hits by artists like TKA, Sweet Sensation, Connie, Exposé and Sa-Fire on the same playlists as Michael Jackson and Madonna. "(You Are My) All and All" by Joyce Sims became the first freestyle record to cross over into the R&B market, and was one of the first to reach the European market. Radio station WPOW/Power 96 was noted for exposing freestyle to South Florida in the mid-'80s through the early '90s, as well as mixing in some local Miami bass into its playlist. 'Pretty Tony' Butler produced several hits on Miami's Jam-Packed Records, including Debbie Deb's "When I Hear Music" and "Lookout Weekend", and Trinere's "I'll Be All You'll Ever Need" and "They're Playing Our Song". Company B, Stevie B, Paris By Air, Linear, Will to Power and Exposé's later hits defined Miami freestyle. Tolga Katas is credited as one of the first persons to create a hit record entirely on a computer,[citation needed] and produced Stevie B's "Party Your Body", "In My Eyes" and "Dreamin' of Love". Katas' record label Futura Records was an incubator for artists such as Linear, who achieved international success after a move from Futura to Atlantic Records. Many labels expected New York freestyle and Miami freestyle to have the same audience and thought that the same promotional strategy would work for both genres, which often led to poor results for the New York–based freestyle. New York freestyle retained a raw edge and underground sound even in its most polished forms. It used minor chords that made the tracks darker and more moody, and its lyrics tended to be about unrequited love or more somber themes that dealt with the reality of what inner city teens were experiencing emotionally."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freestyle_music

Thank you, is as mix  the genres ☺

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Linguini Occurrence said:

Cheapest seats from Ticketmaster are now $135 including fees (there's a few scattered singles at $55 though).   Not bad for a Tuesday night in the middle of summer in Miami. :headbang:

Can't believe I've been holding onto my tickets since last year!

lol....me too....bought them the first day they were available during the Nightrain presale.....:lol:

On 7/6/2017 at 10:10 AM, Gnrcane said:

According to the stadium bag policy, the maximum allowed dimensions are 16"x16"x8" so that would be too big.  I don't know if there will be further restrictions for a concert.  Here is a link to the policy Marlins Park Bag Policy.

That's in inches...pretty sure she was using centimeters.....;)

5 hours ago, JimMorrison4 said:

South Beach was dead Monday night. Hopefully the parking lot is more exciting tomorrow!! Anyone know what time lots open? Parking prices?

Marlins Park is really lousy with providing information.  I was there at the All-Star Game a few weeks ago, some garages opened at 11:30 AM and others opened 90 minutes before gates.  Parking is $35, they sell most in advance.  I'll be in one of the garages between 4:30-5:00 until around 7 PM (not gonna bother with Simpson).

39 minutes ago, The Linguini Occurrence said:

Marlins Park is really lousy with providing information.  I was there at the All-Star Game a few weeks ago, some garages opened at 11:30 AM and others opened 90 minutes before gates.  Parking is $35, they sell most in advance.  I'll be in one of the garages between 4:30-5:00 until around 7 PM (not gonna bother with Simpson).

It is probably the result of the convoluted stadium financing plan where the garages are actually owned by the City of Miami while Marlins Park is owned by some entity that was set up to give the Marlins revenue from taxpayer investment (but that's another topic).

6 hours ago, JimMorrison4 said:

South Beach was dead Monday night. Hopefully the parking lot is more exciting tomorrow!! Anyone know what time lots open? Parking prices?

Honestly, I'd park in somebody's yard or a local business selling parking.  There is a Shell station at the corner of 12th Ave and NW 7th St. that sells parking and is only a couple of blocks away.  I think the walgreens across the street from the stadium on 7th St. also sells parking.  Then there's always the "no blockie" parking on people's lawns.  It will be cheaper and is actually easier to get out of if you are a block or 2 from the stadium.

There might still be advanced parking available to be purchased.  If you don't have it purchased in advance, it is hard to park on site.  They only have around 6000 on site spaces.  It looks like there will be at least 33k people at the show, possibly up to 37k depending on what has been held back that you can't know if they are sold or held back.  Even at an average of 3 people per vehicle, that's only enough parking for 18k.

2 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

$35 for parking1?!?!!? that's insane!

The people selling on lawns will be MUCH cheaper if you go a few blocks away.  Don't be concerned about the neighborhood.  It doesn't look pretty but I've gone to tons of events in that area (mostly football games when the Orange Bowl existed there) and never had any problem whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Is there a meetup or any good rock bars here in miami? Need to soak up the atmosphere

I've been in Miami for almost twenty years, rock + miami doesn't mix, I don't really know of any "rock bars". 

6 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

The people selling on lawns will be MUCH cheaper if you go a few blocks away.  Don't be concerned about the neighborhood.  It doesn't look pretty but I've gone to tons of events in that area (mostly football games when the Orange Bowl existed there) and never had any problem whatsoever.

Yea, I live here in Miami, I know the area just saying that $35 is crazy expensive to park.