08/24/17 - Winnipeg, MB - Investors Group Field

Estranged Reality

Guys, before that Axl/Slash backstage video Meegan was streaming the soundcheck and at the end of It's So Easy she told that " It's top secret I need to turnoff" and the streaming was ended. Someone heard that too?

Edited by Derick
  • Like 1

Slash is a beast. Holy shit. That guy plays like a mother fucker. I've seen him twice with Myles and crew but this was something else. 

That being said, I've seen GNR in 06, 10, and 11 and this was a night and day difference. Stadium was packed. The odd open seats but damn near sell out. The crowd was loud. Axl even commented on it (quite the difference from them being in Winnipeg in 2010 and Tommy saying we were boring him). The crowd was the most alive looking crowd for a Guns show u've ever been too. Made it a much different experience. 

My wife was with me and she's just a casual fan. She commented how it didn't seem they all interacted with each other on stage. Maybe she's right, but I'm personally more than happy with them on stage together. 

Axls voice. Okay, I was a skeptic, reading the whole "his voice only sounds weak on video" schpeel. I was wrong. Did he have full rasp all the time? No. I don't expect him too. But his "weak" voice in person? Fucking powerful. RQ and YCBM weren't what you hear on record vocally but he still sounded fucking amazing on them. His voice has a power to it. 

Setlist was the same as previous shows. No surprises, but being in the moment I didn't even care. Damn near perfect setlist. My Michelle, Used To Love Her, Don't Cry and Patience got played which I loved. Heavens Door couldn't be dropped IMO but I understand why they keep it. Majoeoty/casuals love it. Seeker was played too. It gets a lot of hate but it's a fun short song so I dont mind it. No ACDC covers today. Duff did Attitude and I lost my shit at that because I love their version. 

Also Chris Jericho was there. I didn't see him but friends of mine in my section were in line near him. Apparently he seemed annoyed with everyone nagging him. Can't really blame him. 

41 minutes ago, Gunner55 said:

Slash is a beast. Holy shit. That guy plays like a mother fucker. I've seen him twice with Myles and crew but this was something else. 

That being said, I've seen GNR in 06, 10, and 11 and this was a night and day difference. Stadium was packed. The odd open seats but damn near sell out. The crowd was loud. Axl even commented on it (quite the difference from them being in Winnipeg in 2010 and Tommy saying we were boring him). The crowd was the most alive looking crowd for a Guns show u've ever been too. Made it a much different experience. 

My wife was with me and she's just a casual fan. She commented how it didn't seem they all interacted with each other on stage. Maybe she's right, but I'm personally more than happy with them on stage together. 

Axls voice. Okay, I was a skeptic, reading the whole "his voice only sounds weak on video" schpeel. I was wrong. Did he have full rasp all the time? No. I don't expect him too. But his "weak" voice in person? Fucking powerful. RQ and YCBM weren't what you hear on record vocally but he still sounded fucking amazing on them. His voice has a power to it. 

Setlist was the same as previous shows. No surprises, but being in the moment I didn't even care. Damn near perfect setlist. My Michelle, Used To Love Her, Don't Cry and Patience got played which I loved. Heavens Door couldn't be dropped IMO but I understand why they keep it. Majoeoty/casuals love it. Seeker was played too. It gets a lot of hate but it's a fun short song so I dont mind it. No ACDC covers today. Duff did Attitude and I lost my shit at that because I love their version. 

Also Chris Jericho was there. I didn't see him but friends of mine in my section were in line near him. Apparently he seemed annoyed with everyone nagging him. Can't really blame him. 

I have no idea what's happened with the "like" button over here but anyway.. Nice review, man! What did Axl sayed before or during Slash´s introduccion? Meegan´s streaming don´t captured the audio very well..But seems like he invoke the audience to chant his name or something like that, idk.