08/24/17 - Winnipeg, MB - Investors Group Field

Estranged Reality

6 hours ago, mikeman5150 said:

Well at least now we know that Axl and Slash do talk backstage. Thanks for sharing! Too bad the camera didn't keep rolling.

Don't know about that...Meegan sounded mighty surprised to see him there.  When she thought it was someone else she was like, Hi.  Then Axl steps in and she's all, OH, HIIIIIII!!! HOW ARE YOU....I WAS JUST LIVE AND LFJ£$G*F  Clearly shitting herself like everyone else who accidentally gets Axl on film. :lol: Flebs nearly dropped his phone when he did the same thing last week.  Hilarious stuff though.  Axl seemed pretty cool about it.  

5 hours ago, Derick said:

Guys, before that Axl/Slash backstage video Meegan was streaming the soundcheck and at the end of It's So Easy she told that " It's top secret I need to turnoff" and the streaming was ended. Someone heard that too?

I missed that.  Was this part of the same stream where we heard the new soundcheck jam?  It does seem like new material is brewing.  If the direction they are headed in is anything like what I heard last night on the first stream, which was very Sabbathy, then I will give myself permission to get very fucking excited.

9 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Don't know about that...Meegan sounded mighty surprised to see him there.  When she thought it was someone else she was like, Hi.  Then Axl steps in and she's all, OH, HIIIIIII!!! HOW ARE YOU....I WAS JUST LIVE AND LFJ£$G*F  Clearly shitting herself like everyone else who accidentally gets Axl on film. :lol: Flebs nearly dropped his phone when he did the same thing last week.  Hilarious stuff though.  Axl seemed pretty cool about it.  

I thought so too! She didn't expect to see him there at all. :lol:

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Seriously, I think it's crazy to think that they don't talk and only meet on stage. That would be more than ridiculous and awkward and is just simply unreal. They are normal people, not from another planet, they have a huge history together, they've known each other very well for several decades, they're obviously happy to be doing things together again, why the hell would they not talk? Why would they not share their experiences and thoughts from the shows or whatever or just simply talk about whatever? Meegan is surprised as she probably didn't expect him in that moment while she's filming and streaming it live and this is a little uncomfortble knowing Axl doesn't like being filmed. Also she's licking up because apparently everybody licking up to everybody is just the manner nowadays. TB to Slash, Meegan to Axl, etc.

Axl on the other hand doesn't seem at all as if he was doing something unusual, comes in pretty much like to his own place and starts talking to Slash right away in a pretty casual manner. Doesn't seem like he's never done it before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asia said:

Seriously, I think it's crazy to think that they don't talk and only meet on stage. That would be more than ridiculous and awkward and is just simply unreal. They are normal people, not from another planet, they have a huge history together, they've known each other very well for several decades, they're obviously happy to be doing things together again, why the hell would they not talk? Why would they not share their experiences and thoughts from the shows or whatever or just simply talk about whatever? Meegan is surprised as she probably didn't expect him in that moment while she's filming and streaming it live and this is a little uncomfortble knowing Axl doesn't like being filmed. Also she's licking up because apparently everybody licking up to everybody is just the manner nowadays. TB to Slash, Meegan to Axl, etc.

Axl on the other hand doesn't seem at all as if he was doing something unusual, comes in pretty much like to his own place and starts talking to Slash right away in a pretty casual manner. Doesn't seem like he's never done it before.

Exactly what I got from the video.  It seems like Axl just popped in to tell his Winnipeg joke (too bad we didn't get to hear the punch line).  She didn't expect him at that exact moment but it certainly seemed like if somebody in a normal job popped into a coworker's office to say hi/tell a joke.

I also agree that it's crazy that they only see each other on stage.  They aren't hanging out all the time between shows but they are each middle aged men with their own friends and family and are well past the point of their career where they had to cram into a tour van or share motel rooms.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Derick said:

I have no idea what's happened with the "like" button over here but anyway.. Nice review, man! What did Axl sayed before or during Slash´s introduccion? Meegan´s streaming don´t captured the audio very well..But seems like he invoke the audience to chant his name or something like that, idk.

Yeah really. The like button disappeared for me too. Wtf??

12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Anyone got a link to this backstage video Meegan took?

P.S. Melissa in a nun outfit is kind of hot lol

Cool video, nice to see Axl casually walking in to talk to Slash.

However, whenever I see a video from Meegan recording Slash, he just seems fucking annoyed by what she's doing.

• Haha 1

Obviously Axl isn't going to freak out from being put on video. If someone walked into his area with a phone on he might feel differently, but an accidental situation like that he's going to be cool. She was respectful to him too. Turned the phone away and told him she was live and didn't want to...

but if I heard correctly I think I heard Slash in his high voice say "hey" like he had been wanting to talk to him, so maybe Slash sent for Axl. 

I'm sure they're entire conversation consisted of

Slash-"It's Winna-peg...not Winn-eh-peg" 

Axl-"you're in the jungle Winn-ah-peg...no im not feelin that" 

Slash-"dude F*ck Stephenie Seymour"

Axl-"yea F*ck Stephenie! Showtime..money on 3" 

Axl/Slash: "1..2..3 MONEY!!!"

1 hour ago, Asia said:

Spot on 👍

47 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Anyone got a link to this backstage video Meegan took?

P.S. Melissa in a nun outfit is kind of hot lol

Pervert 😀😅😈

4 hours ago, Jewpanese99 said:

What an amazing day! It's 3:30am and I'm still pumped. This was my 4th time seeing GN'R but my first time in the pit (Duff's side). What a dream come true experience. They knocked it out of the park tonight!

Very happy what you enjoy!! ☺

7 hours ago, Derick said:

I have no idea what's happened with the "like" button over here but anyway.. Nice review, man! What did Axl sayed before or during Slash´s introduccion? Meegan´s streaming don´t captured the audio very well..But seems like he invoke the audience to chant his name or something like that, idk.

He joked and pretended to forget his name. He milked it a bit at the crowd ate it up in anticipation of Axl saying Slash. 

3 hours ago, Asia said:

Totally agree!