08/24/17 - Winnipeg, MB - Investors Group Field

Estranged Reality

I actually work concert productions so I'm in that picture of the chairs being setup. We finished everything today by 7:00pm. I setup spotlights, alot of the scaffolding, installed the armor flooring.  This show has 33 semi's of gear total.
I've been waiting years for gnr to reunite, my first cd ever was Spaghetti Incident. Underrated album that I'm glad is getting some love on this tour at last! Anyway production was great, roadies are friendly and i got to work the show for probably my favorite band, lucky me.  I'll be on the floor tomorrow when the open the doors at 5:30 and won't leave till the load out ends at around 4AM.  You know whats really sweet, they feed us every 4 hours full catered meals plus i get to park for free tomorrow. Hopefully GNR hands out free tour shirts I'm definitely buying one anyway at the show, rather get a shirt than waste 60 bucks on 6 beers.  
Hope everyone enjoys the show tomorrow it was an incredible experience today setting it all up and knowing im in for marathon rock show tomorrow after all the sweat and hard work put in!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SuperBlaine said:

I actually work concert productions so I'm in that picture of the chairs being setup. We finished everything today by 7:00pm. I setup spotlights, alot of the scaffolding, installed the armor flooring.  This show has 33 semi's of gear total.
I've been waiting years for gnr to reunite, my first cd ever was Spaghetti Incident. Underrated album that I'm glad is getting some love on this tour at last! Anyway production was great, roadies are friendly and i got to work the show for probably my favorite band, lucky me.  I'll be on the floor tomorrow when the open the doors at 5:30 and won't leave till the load out ends at around 4AM.  You know whats really sweet, they feed us every 4 hours full catered meals plus i get to park for free tomorrow. Hopefully GNR hands out free tour shirts I'm definitely buying one anyway at the show, rather get a shirt than waste 60 bucks on 6 beers.  
Hope everyone enjoys the show tomorrow it was an incredible experience today setting it all up and knowing im in for marathon rock show tomorrow after all the sweat and hard work put in!

Congrats!!,you deserve for you hard work and for be fan!! Enjoy tomorrow ☺✌

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SuperBlaine said:

Super cool!  Enjoy every minute of it!

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

What time does the band usually come on?

According to Live Nation GN'R will hit the stage at 8:30. 

https://m.facebook.com/events/732117123604492/

THURSDAY, AUGUST 24, 2017

Investors Group Field, Winnipeg

All Ages / Reserved Seating

Doors: 5:30PM / Our Lady Peace: 7:15PM / Guns N' Roses: 8:30PM

I was in Winnipeg a few weeks ago before we went up to Churchill and there were quite a few advertisements for the show in the papers and around town. I was wearing a Guns shirt when we went out and a bunch of people told me they were very excited for the show...hope the locals fill the place and have a blast! 

Edited by GoBucky

14 hours ago, SuperBlaine said:

Thanks for sharing this, great to get an insight into behind-the-scenes and what goes into it.  33 semis!  Bloody hell.  That is some gear.  And a 4am finish!  Glad you're enjoying it all though, hoe you check back in with us afterwards and let us know how it went from your side. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

An article that put together all of the dates that the band had perform in Winnipeg

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-and-life/entertainment/music/every-rose-has-its-thorns-441525643.html

Love the first 3 dates!

wasn't this the location in 93 right after axl found out steph hooked up with warren beatty? and sat still looking stunned and pissed.