08/30/17 - Edmonton, AB - Commonwealth Stadium

4 hours ago, raggedyman said:

Just following slashs strumming and vibrato i cant help but think its locomotive

I will pass the fuck out if they do that.  :awesomeface:  It was only yesterday I posted that I wanted them to do it. lol

38 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Can someone identify the bass lines that Duff is playing?

Great idea - the basslines are so distinctive.  Anyone?  Anyone?

The suspense is now starting to kill me and my excitement levels are now too high for me to bring back down! :awesomeface::awesomeface:  

The Maddy lyrics theory seems possible.  I cant make out anything from these videos.  It seems likely if one of you doesnt figure it out, watching these clips may end up taking the better part of my day.  And watching my guitar hero Slash just go 'strum-strum-strum' in sweat pants for 15 seconds is kinda sad for some reason.

I dont see Locomotive in those movements but would be happy to be wrong.

Edited by soon

9 minutes ago, richardbc said:

Lots of buses around the Westin, no sign of any activity though. Cold morning, the sun will have to work hard before it heats up in Edmonton today.

Slash was @ chops Sutton place last night. Sutton is newly revamped so I see them staying there.

2 minutes ago, TrixAreForKids said:

Slash was @ chops Sutton place last night. Sutton is newly revamped so I see them staying there.

there's a bunch of fans waiting outside sutton place. I talked to a few fans who met richard and got a photo. I met McBob and he gave me a Duff pick. 

6 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

there's a bunch of fans waiting outside sutton place. I talked to a few fans who met richard and got a photo. I met McBob and he gave me a Duff pick. 

Cool, yeah I think everyone's there minus Axl. I think he's probably at the fairmont. He seems to like to stay away from the big crowds.

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Please don't let it be another damn CD song.... They have learned played enough.... CD songs aren't the ones selling out these Stadiums... SO many classic Gn'R songs that could be played...

The songs that selling out these stadiums are played every night, all the hits plus some deep cuts...For the casuals, whom actually fill theses stadiums, a Chinese song or a deep cut from the Classic Era or from Illusions Era has almoust the same status. I mean, whom actually fill theses stadiums they don´t know these songs. I really enjoy the fact they play some CD songs and I want more from this album.. like IRS, Madagascar, Prostitute, SOD and I would love to hear Shackler´s with this lineup.

12 minutes ago, Derick said:

The songs that selling out these stadiums are played every night, all the hits plus some deep cuts...For the casuals, whom actually fill theses stadiums, a Chinese song or a deep cut from the Classic Era or from Illusions Era has almoust the same status. I mean, whom actually fill theses stadiums they don´t know these songs. I really enjoy the fact they play some CD songs and I want more from this album.. like IRS, Madagascar, Prostitute, SOD and I would love to hear Shackler´s with this lineup.

I agree...I'd like to hear some of the deeper Illusion songs, but they'd go over just the same as CD songs. Coma is my favorite song from any band ever, and besides the 2 Vegas shows, 75% of the crowds had no idea what it was. As long as they play the majority of Appetite and the Illusion hits, the crowds will be happy. When you look at most website and Facebook comments, people still stay the Illusions are crap.

34 minutes ago, Derick said:

Fuck the casual fans.. The majority of Guns N' Roses fans bailed on GnR during the NuGuns era.. No one gave a crap or liked it... A lot of those fans are back due to the semi reunion and would appreciate more songs from the classic era.  If they want to play CD songs, fine.. But ALL THEY DO is learn and play CD songs... It would be nice if they could put as much effort into playing the songs that made us fall in love with the band.  I think people underestimate how big GnR were and how many people were familiar with their back catalog. Why not Nice Boys, Think About You, You're Crazy or Move To The City for instance?

21 minutes ago, Crowebar said:

Interesting start time. My Vancouver ticket still says show starts at 7:00. Wonder if they'll change it or is Edmonton curfew earlier than ours.

56 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Fuck the casual fans.. The majority of Guns N' Roses fans bailed on GnR during the NuGuns era.. No one gave a crap or liked it... A lot of those fans are back due to the semi reunion and would appreciate more songs from the classic era.  If they want to play CD songs, fine.. But ALL THEY DO is learn and play CD songs... It would be nice if they could put as much effort into playing the songs that made us fall in love with the band.  I think people underestimate how big GnR were and how many people were familiar with their back catalog. Why not Nice Boys, Think About You, You're Crazy or Move To The City for instance?

Well, You're talking about the songs that brings whom are filling those stadiums and I told you that whom are filling those stadiums, as you already know, are the casuals fans and they get what they want. The casuals fans attendance makes this tour possible, the casuals fans attendance makes possible that the hardcore ones around the world can see the band in they area...So I wouldn´t dare say fuck them. Anyway, no all the GN´R fans, as you, hates CD songs. Sorry but I think that you´re stuck in your hate and can´t see that as a lot fans walked away during CD Era  a lot fans, as me, stayed around and also some new fans came across..So the GNR fans(hardcore ones) are not only that ones that hates CD songs, just take a look around here, the biggest hardcore fans forum, and You´ll see what a talking about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Derick said:

Sorry but I think that you´re stuck in your hate and can´t see that as a lot fans walked away during CD Era  a lot fans, as me, stayed around and also some new fans came across..So the GNR fans(hardcore ones) are not only that ones that hates CD songs

Sure there is a cult following that are into CD but if Axl stuck with his vision of NuGnR then there most likely wouldn't be any shows at all anymore. That ship sailed and was continuing to sink. He couldn't carry that on any longer because not enough people cared.. Sure some fans stayed and he may have gained some new ones but not nearly as many as the fans who left. I am just saying and others agree that it would be nice if they put a little effort into their past catalog instead of ALWAYS focusing on CD... Those are literally the ONLY songs they switch up. Axl had 15 to 20 years to try and turn people onto that stuff.

I don't think there would be many complaints at all if they tossed in a couple of these songs for starters..

Think About You
MORE Out Ta Get Me
You're Crazy.. Prefer the slow tempo but either
Reckless Life
Nice Boys
Move To The City
Mama Kin
Pretty Tied Up
Dust N' Bones
Bad Obsession
Dead Horse
Don't Damn Me
So Fine
Breakdown
Locomotive
Down On The Farm
Hair Of the Dog
Anastasia
Slither

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Sure there is a cult following that are into CD but if Axl stuck with his vision of NuGnR then there most likely wouldn't be any shows at all anymore. That ship sailed and was continuing to sink. He couldn't carry that on any longer because not enough people cared.. Sure some fans stayed and he may have gained some new ones but not nearly as many as the fans who left. I am just saying and others agree that it would be nice if they put a little effort into their past catalog instead of ALWAYS focusing on CD... Those are literally the ONLY songs they switch up. Axl had 15 to 20 years to try and turn people onto that stuff.

I don't think there would be many complaints at all if they tossed in a couple of these songs for starters..

Think About You
MORE Out Ta Get Me
You're Crazy.. Prefer the slow tempo but either
Reckless Life
Nice Boys
Move To The City
Mama Kin
Pretty Tied Up
Dust N' Bones
Bad Obsession
Dead Horse
Don't Damn Me
So Fine
Breakdown
Locomotive
Down On The Farm
Hair Of the Dog
Anastasia
Slither

As a massive CD fan, I do agree, it would be nice if they played something, anything from UYI.  I think there's enough AFD, I've no real desire to hear Anything Goes or Crazy (unless it's the kickass bluesy version they did for The Late Show).  The song I'm wishing hardest for is Locomotive.  

Though it would be cool if they did Slash or VR songs (how I would LOVE them to play Back to the Moment, or Ghost) Axl is never ever going to go there.  He can get away with making them play his solo songs because he had the Guns name, which I agree, is all kinds of assholery, but that's how it is.  I can't ever see him singing the songs of a vocalist that Slash worked with. His ego would never allow it.

29 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

As a massive CD fan, I do agree, it would be nice if they played something, anything from UYI.  I think there's enough AFD, I've no real desire to hear Anything Goes or Crazy (unless it's the kickass bluesy version they did for The Late Show).  The song I'm wishing hardest for is Locomotive.  

Though it would be cool if they did Slash or VR songs (how I would LOVE them to play Back to the Moment, or Ghost) Axl is never ever going to go there.  He can get away with making them play his solo songs because he had the Guns name, which I agree, is all kinds of assholery, but that's how it is.  I can't ever see him singing the songs of a vocalist that Slash worked with. His ego would never allow it.

Slow Version of You're Crazy all the way!!!! Late Show, LIES or Live Era version \m/