09/01/17 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium

Estranged Reality

2 minutes ago, Derick said:

No problem! It´s amazing!!!!!!!:headbang: Catcher starts at the mark 1h35m

Axl sounds...interesting...*cough* I'll save my opinion on that for the vocal thread, but the band are doing a GREAT job on this.  DUFF!  Love what Duff is bringing to this song. :headbang:

It's worth noting that there were actual cheers when the song began (granted not a huge amount, but you know, there were cheers).  So there are some people out in the crowd who know and appreciate CD songs. :lol:  

11 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Axl sounds...interesting...*cough* I'll save my opinion on that for the vocal thread, but the band are doing a GREAT job on this.  DUFF!  Love what Duff is bringing to this song. :headbang:

It's worth noting that there were actual cheers when the song began (granted not a huge amount, but you know, there were cheers).  So there are some people out in the crowd who know and appreciate CD songs. :lol:  

Houston was one of the better versions of CITR that I've seen. Tonight's seemed a bit flat 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Houston was one of the better versions of CITR that I've seen. Tonight's seemed a bit flat 

Thanks for that, haven't heard it, will check out.  I'm taking CD songs off my wish list after hearing Axl just then.  They're too difficult for him now.  

Fuck me the band did Catcher justice tonight though, and Duff absolutely killed it.  He did say it's his favourite song off the album. 

Just now, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thanks for that, haven't heard it, will check out.  I'm taking CD songs off my wish list after hearing Axl just then.  They're too difficult for him now.  

Fuck me the band did Catcher justice tonight though, and Duff absolutely killed it.  He did say it's his favourite song off the album. 

I agree, the band nailed It, but Axl Is not up to par. 

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I agree, the band nailed It, but Axl Is not up to par. 

Kinda sad also because the song was recorded in a clean voice, how could he not even do that? Maybe because they havent played it in so long. But then he goes all 92 in I Feel Good right after. We'll never figure this guys voice out:monkey:

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Kinda sad also because the song was recorded in a clean voice, how could he not even do that? Maybe because they havent played it in so long. But then he goes all 92 in I Feel Good right after. We'll never figure this guys voice out:monkey:

I honestly quit trying. He can go full rasp In one song and the next song sounds like he caught his nuts In his zipper. I don't get It. 

We got Catcher, Feel Good and Wichita Man.

Thought Axl lost his voice at the start of TIL, but he kept going. Singing his heart out, esp Feel Good! Lots of clean vocals almost siren like at times - cool at the stadium.

Edited by AFGnR

19 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I honestly quit trying. He can go full rasp In one song and the next song sounds like he caught his nuts In his zipper. I don't get It. 

Yeah, I long ago made my peace with the fact that his voice is what it is (which is why I hardly ever frequent the vocal thread because what is there to discuss?).  I just concentrate on the band now and how they sound...but then the other night he goes and pulls I Feel Good out of the bag, sings it like it was 1992 and what are we are supposed to make of that?  I swear, I cannot fathom this guy.  

27 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Ha! Just read this and we've said pretty much the same thing! :lol: It's also sad because the band is SO good at these songs. 

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Yeah, I long ago made my peace with the fact that his voice is what it is (which is why I hardly ever frequent the vocal thread because what is there to discuss?).  I just concentrate on the band now and how they sound...but then the other night he goes and pulls I Feel Good out of the bag, sings it like it was 1992 and what are we are supposed to make of that?  I swear, I cannot fathom this guy.  

I don't think any of us have a clear answer to be honest. I never believed he could turn It on and off like a light switch but he clearly can and does.