09/01/17 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium

Estranged Reality

Show was good overall, CITR was a nice surprise, that, Patience, I Feel Good and Wichita Lineman were the highlights.

Axl was pretty weak most of the time. He botched This I Love pretty bad, Nov Rain was cringey, Yesterdays just needs to be dropped...

Will do a better review tomorrow and post a couple pics. G'night fuckers!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I don't think any of us have a clear answer to be honest. I never believed he could turn It on and off like a light switch but he clearly can and does.  

Only consolation I can take from his light switch approach is that when they go into the studio to record a new album (choosing to be optimistic here) he'll sound awesome.  

11 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Only consolation I can take from his light switch approach is that when they go into the studio to record a new album (choosing to be optimistic here) he'll sound awesome.  

I think you are right and I do believe we will get one more album from them. 

Just got back from it, was a really good show overall, a few moments where Axl was showing wear from the long tour but who so few bands play for 3 hours and 20 mins so i have to say him sounding poor on some songs while the rest are passable, good or great really is a non-issue. That being said Catcher was a suprise would of rather Madagascar or whole lotta rosie but other than that loved the show and I have to say the crowd where i was went crazy for black hole sun super loud singing for the chorus 

Great.  More covers turned into regulars.  Just what we needed.

Also, anything they rotate in and out seems to be mostly CD songs, which are also non-GNR songs ...

Last night's show had 7 covers and 4 CD songs (so more covers) = 11 non-GNR songs.  vs 18 GNR originals.  Not counting pointless jams on MORE cover songs.

Probably over an hour and a half of opportunities missed to play their own fucking songs for fuck's sake ...

What a disaster :facepalm:

51 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Also, anything they rotate in and out seems to be mostly CD songs, which are also non-GNR songs ...

Last night's show had 7 covers and 4 CD songs (so more covers) = 11 non-GNR songs.  vs 18 GNR originals.  Not counting pointless jams on MORE cover songs.

Probably over an hour and a half of opportunities missed to play their own fucking songs for fuck's sake ...

I agree somewhat with this, my GF got the set list (it was dated 30th) and when you look at the other songs they had as alternates, I would have sacrificed every cover (with the exception of the Jimmy Brown cover) for the alternates to be played.... 

Perfect Crime , Catcher in the Rye (played), Sorry, You're Crazy (fast version), I used to love her (played), There was a time. 

I'll take Perfect Crime, There was a time and You're Crazy over the witchita fucking lineman, black hole sun and the seeker any day...

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Yeah, the stats are bad.  Even as a massive CD fan I'd rather hear UYI especially anything from vol. 1.  Whilst I realise the crowd won't exactly be counting stats and crying into their beers over it, you'd think Axl would want to mix it up a bit, for the benefit of his own interest factor, right?  I mean, you'd think he'd get bored singing the same songs week in, week out?

4 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Show was good overall, CITR was a nice surprise, that, Patience, I Feel Good and Wichita Lineman were the highlights.

Axl was pretty weak most of the time. He botched This I Love pretty bad, Nov Rain was cringey, Yesterdays just needs to be dropped...

Will do a better review tomorrow and post a couple pics. G'night fuckers!

Sad to hear man...  I watched Jungle and I Feel Good this morning and he sounded fucking awesome... It is too bad he can't do that on other songs too... The voice in I feel good seems do effortless for him, why can't he transfer that to other songs? November Rain pretty much always sucks with this line up :/ From his voice to the tempo and yes even Slash's solos.. I do feel the tempo messes with the feel of Slash's solos though.

2 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

That is frustrating.... I'm at peace wit them playing a couple songs from CD.. Hell I not even go take a piss next time if they play Sorry but they put absolutely no effort into switching up and learning any songs from their heyday... 

8 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

Why is it so hard for Axl to lose that last 10-15 pounds? Damn I would love to train him. Could be done in 4-5 months easy. 

To be fair, he has definitely has lost 10 - 15 pounds since the start of the tour.. GO back and watch videos from 2016.. Hopefully he continues in the right direction.

5 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

guys axl just picked up a joint and took a big hit lol

Is this true? :)