Underrated songs by great bands

Gordon Comstock

What are some of your favorite songs by great bands that you think are underrated?

This was only released as a b-side on a limited edition 7" vinyl but would've been one of the best songs on the Church Of Rock N Roll album IMO.

This song I just don't see mentioned very often, but I'm not a hardcore Floyd fan or anything so don't know how it's generally regarded by their fans...

• Like 1

It's not really popular as far as I can tell among Pink Floyd fans (I follow only their tracker and forums there so I'm not the most reliable guy too :D )

This song they played live frequently in 1970-71 and studio version appeared in some boxsets and some rare albums but it wasn't even a proper b side. Can't find studio version so posted my favorite live version

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uf9ft_embryo-by-pink-floyd_music

13 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

It's not really popular as far as I can tell among Pink Floyd fans (I follow only their tracker and forums there so I'm not the most reliable guy too :D )

This song they played live frequently in 1970-71 and studio version appeared in some boxsets and some rare albums but it wasn't even a proper b side. Can't find studio version so posted my favorite live version

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uf9ft_embryo-by-pink-floyd_music

Embryo is pretty cool. Julia Dream is another of my favorites that they did a few times live but isn't mentioned that often, it was a b-side though and was released on a couple different compilations (I first heard it on Relics).

8 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Underrated great great band from the Strip. They are from the same era as GnR. They started to take off around 88, but never really got that far. This album is the closest thing to Appetite from that scene imo.

This is one of my all time favorite drinking songs. Probably second behind Nightrain for me.

Check out "Tangled In Reins" by Steelheart. That's a quality hard rock record from start to finish like Appetite too. Too bad it came out in the doom year 1992. All 4 albums by Junkyard are great too

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Honestly, these two full albums. KISS is always underrated by rock fans.

Kiss_first_album_cover.jpg

20060626212037ace_frehley_solo_album_cov

I like KISS. When I was about 12 I bought a poster that had the 4 faces of the solo albums like the Ace one you posted. It looked fuckin cool on my bedroom wall for the next 5 years, I know that. I might still have it. I have a bunch of old posters rolled up in a tube in my closet. Some GnR and Maiden I know for sure in there.

I think Cold Gin is an underrated KISS tune.

Last Action Hero is actually a decent soundtrack. A couple of nice Alice In Chains songs on there.

I'd call these underrated songs from both.

(I'd like to hear AXL/DC do this one)

Easily one of the best Cypress songs you'll hear. Shit is hard.