GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Axl can tweet and say what he wants, just as we can have our own opinion about what he tweets or says. I don't see the issue. He's saying something publically, are we just to nod and shut up because we're fans?

What's Einsteinvisa? Melania pretended to be a jew? :question::lol:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

32 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@killuridols he doesn't need to be defended, he has 56 years old and perfectly capable of doing so.

Melania is the first lady and she enter to USA lying....for any ordinary person that is a crime, the First Lady refuses to answer why she used that fraudulent status, she is a role model. Melania is fair game.

About the journalists, believe it or not, is from the reputable press, not Alternative Nation. Just approach his twitter account. A lot of people cares, more than you know.

He pay taxes, he can say whatever he wants....I just wish he would be more polite.

If she's an "illegal" immigrant then he should denounce her in the right place! Twitter is not a place to denounce people, at least, not a place where your claims are going to be fruitful (if you really want them to prevail!)

His fans care about him. I don't see all this attention you talk about being translated to major newspapers and headlines.

How do you know he pays taxes? He allegedly pays taxes but you don't know if he really pays them. He wasn't paying his musicians.... so I don't know.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lio said:

Axl can tweet and say what he wants, just as we can have our own opinion about what he tweets or says. I don't see the issue. He's saying something publically, are we just to nod and shut up because we're fans?

What's Einsteinvisa? Melania pretended to be a jew? :question::lol:

No, of course not, I simply take issue with the fact that he didn't say a single thing about inmigrants, that's all...

No, Melania pretended to be a scientist

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

He's taking issue with Melania's immigration, isn't he? :question:

What he is taking issue with is the fact that she is in this country under false pretenses...any other citizen would have been vetted to the point of deportation, but somehow she is exempt from this law? He’s just calling foul ball like anyone should. Is it fair to the man who lived in this country for 30 years and built a business while raising his family who was most likely legal, but got deported anyway? Again I call foul.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

What he is taking issue with is the fact that she is in this country under false pretenses...any other citizen would have been vetted to the point of deportation, but somehow she is exempt from this law? He’s just calling foul ball like anyone should. Is it fair to the man who lived in this country for 30 years and built a business while raising his family who was most likely legal, but got deported anyway? Again I call foul.

Is it proven?

It is not fair but if she was given a Visa "under false pretenses" so many years ago, why did nobody care back then?

Axl discovering corruption just now is hilarious.

Questioning Melania Trump's Immigration History Helps Nobody

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Is it proven?

It is not fair but she if was given a Visa "under false pretenses" so many years ago, why did nobody care back then?

Axl discovering corruption just now is hilarious.

Questioning Melania Trump's Immigration History Helps Nobody

Of course it's proven, the article that you posted said it....now, the opinion of the writer is that is not so sinful and criminal, but other people think it is....because Trump's policies regarding deportation and families separation for offences that are similar of  Melania's...is a big issue with the Dreamers right now.

12 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Of course it's proven, the article that you posted said it....now, the opinion of the writer is that is not so sinful and criminal, but other people think it is....because Trump's policies regarding deportation and families separation for offences that are similar of  Melania's...is a big issue with the Dreamers right now.

The only thing proven is that she was given a Visa. If she was given a Visa, one has to think that the people who gave it read all the documents and considered that she was APT to have such visa. If the system is not corrupted, we should all assume that her visa was FAIRLY given.

I have not read the documents, neither Axl nor anyone else in this forum, so on my part, I have no claim to say that her Visa is corrupted. It is a rumour, not a fact.

Now I wonder what would have happened if Trump had never proposed these new immigration policies? Would anyone give a damn about how Melania made it to the USA?

That is the hypocrisy of this whole shit. She is being attacked because of what her husband does, which is hypocrite as well, but the truth is that people start caring about corruption when corruption personally affects them, not before.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

It is one thing to investigate corruption, hypocracy and all that. Journalists should do it, also to the first lady, may even especially to the first lady as she is the wife of the man who runs the country. You can justly say that you’d expect them to live and behave as role models, at least to some degree. It is another however to suggest she has been a prostitute in that context. Maybe she has been a prostitue, I have no idea but let’s just assume. Well, why not. I know it is illegal in the US but she is not one anymore. It is something else to shame and especially slutshame a woman as Axl did. The Washington Post article was critical and investigative but not shaming her. Axl didn’t get that.

• Like 3

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-guns-n-roses-drummer-matt-sorum-says-his-forthcoming-autobiography-will-be-the-juiciest-of-the-juiciest-of-the-gnr-books/

Drummer Matt Sorum (GUNS N' ROSES, THE CULT, VELVET REVOLVER) recently guested on the "2 Hours With Matt Pinfield" podcast. The full conversation can be streamed using the widget below. A few excerpts follow (as transcribed by BLABBERMOUTH.NET).

On his plans to write an autobiography:

Matt: "I'm writing [it] right now. When you write a book, you sit for hours and just go through the trials and tribulations. I've done almost four months of four- or five-day sessions, like, once a month, so I've got hours and hours — probably a thousand pages right now. We're going to edit it down. It's going to be good, though. It's going to be the juiciest of the juiciest of the GN'R books, for sure, plus all the other crap I've done. I'm being really truthful about everything that happened. I'm not a jaded individual; I'm not a bitter guy. There's a lot of bad shit that went down, but I just want to tell the story straightforward, and I don't want to, like, hold back. I will edit some things — my wife's got to look at it. [Laughs] I've had such an amazing life, and I go, 'Wow, man. If I don't write it down now, I don't want to forget.' There's a lot of good shit in the book that doesn't pertain to GN'R. Before I was in a rock band, I was a drug smuggler. I used to smuggle cocaine across borders. I'd fly on airplanes with two kilos strapped around my waist. Most of my deliveries were in Hawaii, because I had a big connection there. I thought about the title 'Rock 'N' Roll Smuggler'. Imagine the movie 'Blow', and then think about coming up in rock 'n' roll, before I got into bands that I was in. My way to pay my way was smuggling, and that's what I did. A lot of the book, there's probably going to be at least a chapter or two on my drug-dealing days. The last time I smuggled two kilos to Hawaii, I remember thinking I was being followed, and it wasn't because I was paranoid on cocaine — I really felt that I was being followed. So, I told the guy that flew this stuff for — I was the mule, and I got, like, a couple grand every time I went — 'I can't do this. I'm being followed.' He's like, 'Oh, man, you're just high.' I'm like, 'No, man. I'm not doing it. I'm going back to L.A.' The guy that took my place got arrested. 20 years in a federal penitentiary [for] international drug smuggling. That would have been me."

On joining GUNS N' ROSES:

Matt: "I had this sort of initial big offering of THE CULT taking me into the arena level. I feel like I'm in a [big] band. This is good. I'm cool. This is a great life. I'm making a great living. When the GUNS N' ROSES offer came along, I can't say I had really listened to the ['Appetite For Destruction'] record even though it was everywhere. I didn't buy it, because I was on the road. I was doing my own thing; I was living another life. When I got back to L.A. and THE CULT tour finished, I got that call from Slash, and ended up coming to Hollywood. When I finally was offered the position, Slash and Duff and then Axl came in, very similar to Ian. Waited a few days and came down. Axl came in and he kind of walked by. He winked at Slash, and then he left. Same thing as Ian did, except for he didn't sing. That day, Slash said, 'You're in the band, dude. You want be in the band?' We went up to his house, and we were drinking and hanging out. I remember thinking, 'These guys are nuts, but I like them.' [Laughs] I ended up joining the band and becoming a member. I wasn't a sideman. A lot of people think I was, but I was full member. When we started touring, my first [show] was Rock In Rio. We get down there, and I never had really even rehearsed with Axl. He never showed up to rehearsal. Everyone's like, 'He'll be fine.' In those days, we used no setlist — we just flew by the seat of our pants. It was awesome — it was so punk rock."

On not being asked to participate in GN'R's "Not In This Lifetime" tour:

Matt: "People ask me, 'How do you feel about not being involved in the reunion?' I say, 'I've got to tell you — I was there at the height of everything. And I did it.' Sure, I could go out there and play that music, no problem, but I'm very, very grateful that I was there when it was the greatest it was. That was the biggest tour GN'R ever did. We were at the hugest level at that point, did two and a half years on the road. It was great."

Tako and Slash:

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Axl has taken issue on Twitter with many senior members of the Trump administration / family in recent weeks, Melania and Ivanka being two of them. He has a bee in his bonnet about the current US government for sure. He certainly has the right to express his opinions anywhere he likes. I just wish he'd be more circumspect when it comes to commenting on women, given his history.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, money honey said:

Axl has taken issue on Twitter with many senior members of the Trump administration / family in recent weeks, Melania and Ivanka being two of them. He has a bee in his bonnet about the current US government for sure. He certainly has the right to express his opinions anywhere he likes. I just wish he'd be more circumspect when it comes to commenting on women, given his history.

You can have Axl Rose or circumspect man, not both. :lol:

Edited by Alja

1 hour ago, Zoot said:

I'm actually really excited for Matt's book. :headbang:

I'll probably get it even though I'm not interested in his non-GNR revelations... like everything, if it mentions GNR, I'll get it :facepalm: I don't like the way he seems to be almost boasting about drug smuggling in the extracts above.

1 hour ago, money honey said:

Why should he or anyone for that matter, have to walk on eggshells due to their past? The First Lady posed nude and lied in order to get her visa and she’s not supposed to be called out on it, but Axl speaking out on political inequities and calling a spade a spade is wrong? Where they do that at?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, money honey said:

I'll probably get it even though I'm not interested in his non-GNR revelations... like everything, if it mentions GNR, I'll get it :facepalm: I don't like the way he seems to be almost boasting about drug smuggling in the extracts above.

Yeah, he's an idiot for that. :lol: But I really want to hear what he has to say about the beginning and end of VR and what happened pre-NITL.

23 minutes ago, PaperDoll said:

When people talk about the Einstein visa, they mean the visa for exceptional ability. It isn’t really called an Einstein visa, it’s an O Visa. It’s for exceptional ability in science, arts, sports, and such. So people like Stephen Hawking, Mick Jagger, David Ortiz, Emma Thompson, or even Heidi Klum can come live and work in the US on an O. You don’t have to be famous, just outstanding in your field. 

Axl’s beef is with the hypocrisy of the Trump administration in regards to immigration. Trump has been vicious in regards to immigrants, but his wife came here under shady circumstances. I’m not sure what Axl’s views on immigration are at this moment, he just seems like a lot of people, enraged that Trump is such an asshole.

Ok, i understand Einsten Visa is a fancy name.

• Like 1