GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

I found this here:

http://mickwall.com/2016/01/

Guns N’ Roses… well, it’s been the worst kept secret for months now. And somewhat anti-climactic now the story is official. It would have been great to see Axl make the announcement on Jimmy Kimmel as planned. Even greater if he and Slash and Duff and the others then did a song or two. Don’t hold it against Axl, though. If he is, as he suggested years ago, an Aspergers Syndrome sufferer, his anxiety levels must have been through the roof this week. I feel able to comment, as my 12 year old daughter was diagnosed with the same thing a year ago, and when you find out about this stuff it changes everything about the way you look at people on that spectrum. The no-shows, sudden about-turns, the flashes of anger apparently for no good reason. Trust me, they are all symptoms not of an ego out of control but of someone with deep struggles that are almost impossible to overcome without careful management and in some cases medication.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Politania said:

that they had something to do with reunion axl and slash

Oh. That is old. I thought you meant he said something new.

47 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Axl himself said it??? To Mick Wall??

Never saw that before! 

Lol.

I don't remember but maybe he found out recently. Lots of old people are recently finding about them being Aspergers or autists since back in the day they wouldn't diagnose you, they'd just think you were a shit kid deserving of the worst.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I found this here:

http://mickwall.com/2016/01/

About a year later Mick Wall wrote this:

More to the point, the intervening 10 years have seen my family and I dealing with the fact that one of my children has been diagnosed with Aspergers and I now see the world in a whole new light. I am not suggesting Axl Rose has Aspergers, but it is clear to anyone who has even partially followed his story over the years that he came from a tremendously difficult family background and that it has informed his adult life in many profound ways, including his genius as a musical artist.

http://mickwall.com/2016/11/last-of-the-giants

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

More to the point, the intervening 10 years have seen my family and I dealing with the fact that one of my children has been diagnosed with Aspergers and I now see the world in a whole new light. I am not suggesting Axl Rose has Aspergers, but it is clear to anyone who has even partially followed his story over the years that he came from a tremendously difficult family background and that it has informed his adult life in many profound ways, including his genius as a musical artist.

I went fast-track through definitions and remembered Aspies I was in contact with... If you are weirdo who doesn`t socialize too much, you will be sooner or later amateur diagnosed with Asperger or autism, but if anyone reads like first two paragraphs about it, no way it fits Axl.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Did they ask Niven what he thinks about the band now, if he knows how Axl and Slash get on? 

I know I should listen for myself but I'm just too lazy :lol:

He was very complimentary and said they are happier than they've ever been. He also complimented Axl a lot and said nobody believed Axl could do this (AC/DC + reunion tour) and he proved them all wrong.

Edit: And Izzy called Niven when he saw that Iron Maiden had cut-out Icebergs on stage with them.

Edited by Zoot
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Zoot said:

He was very complimentary and said they are happier than they've ever been. He also complimented Axl a lot and said nobody believed Axl could do this (AC/DC + reunion tour) and he proved them all wrong.

Edit: And Izzy called Niven when he saw that Iron Maiden had cut-out Icebergs on stage with them.

Thank you! 

Haha, they really didn't like Iron Maiden much did they. I love that, Izzy didn't like the icebergs...Axl didn't like Bruce's socks, brilliant! :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alja said:

I went fast-track through definitions and remembered Aspies I was in contact with... If you are weirdo who doesn`t socialize too much, you will be sooner or later amateur diagnosed with Asperger or autism, but if anyone reads like first two paragraphs about it, no way it fits Axl.

True, not fits Axl, i read that most Aspergers not to see eyes.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Very comprehensive words

22 hours ago, Ratam said:

True, not fits Axl, i read that most Aspergers not to see eyes.

On Asperger syndrome (and intellectual giftedness)

Why do people amateur diagnose people like Axl as having autism/asperger (aspie): He is private (he always managed to have his own space and probably spent much time there when others were together), doesn`t go party too much and avoids common social interaction. If he`s harsh honest and authentic as it`s said, he probably lacks virtuosity in mingling and knowing what to say and how to behave and get on with everybody - and it can end up in awkward moments. People also connect autism with geniality, above average memory, ability of fierce focus and concentration on details (lights, color, sounds, whatever), extraordinary performance. That striking pattern is difficulties in social interaction, it can come both from not understanding to... too much understanding. You came down to Earth with this superpower of extraordinary sensitivity and striking intelligence (shortly intellectual giftedness). People don`t like it, because mostly they don`t like somebody looking at bottom of their guts. Gifted ones may be most humble people you ever meet, but they have this extraordinary higher vibe. Intellectually gifted have their own social struggles, different from aspies. Aspies are inadequate because they don`t understand social interaction, gifted because they have bullshit detector always on and are harshly honest, no flattery, no padding, no side intentions and playing games. Does not make you plays well with others kind of kid. Gifted have their own inner compass and tend to be perfectionist (still the product is far, far away from their internal idea). (To Axl: people who grew up in volatile, unstable, abusive environment, have heightened sense for other people`s emotions and intentions per se, since they keep wits because they can be hurt in very next moment from clear sky; may go with permanent alertness and overreacting. Also mood swings are more "normal" to them because it`s what they grew up with).

Other which imitates autism/asperger: People with high intelligence and empathy (it works as tandem, each solely is not that powerful and more crippling) have buzzing minds and they are strongly perceptive, they get all the detail normal people don`t and it`s exhausting. Nothing is of lesser importance. So they are often alone to hear themselves and relief their mind and emotions. They can behave oddly or throw tantrum just because of being overwhelmed (also with internal stimuli). They can focus on a detail to explore it, but it`s just a piece in big picture (or glimpse of fascination which needs to be absorbed and enjoyed, they are tireless observers. They can focus or daydream ferociously), not isolated, narrow interest, "loop obsessed" like Aspies. Gifed are bored with routine, aspies demand it.

Aspies can imitate lack of understanding of mimics/body talk by mannerism; usually they are stiff and have limited ability of body-talk. They can`t or have difficulties with mimicking. Gifted have good body-talk, smooth moves, acting and mimicking abilities - and great sense of humor. They express themselves greatly with art. Aspies think literally, they can be annoyingly scientifically precise, the don`t get jokes, irony, sarcasm or abstract patterns. Their speech is robotic or has inappropriate cadence.

Third to share some signs is ADD.

That`s it - in a nutshell.

Edited by Alja
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Alja said:

On Asperger syndrome (and intellectual giftedness)

Why do people amateur diagnose people like Axl as having autism/asperger (aspie): He is private (he always managed to have his own space and probably spent much time there when others were together), doesn`t go party too much and avoids common social interaction. If he`s harsh honest and authentic as it`s said, he probably lacks virtuosity in mingling and knowing what to say and how to behave and get on with everybody - and it can end up in awkward moments. People also connect autism with geniality, above average memory, ability of fierce focus and concentration on details (lights, color, sounds, whatever), extraordinary performance, also if you have wide knowledge/memory. That striking pattern is difficulties in social interaction, it can come both from not understanding to... too much understanding. You came down to Earth with this superpower of extraordinary sensitivity and striking intelligence (shortly intellectual giftedness). People don`t like it, because mostly they don`t like somebody looking at bottom of their guts. Gifted ones may be most humble people you ever meet, but they have this extraordinary higher vibe. Intellectually gifted have their own social struggles, different from aspies. Aspies are inadequate because they don`t understand social interaction, gifted because they have bullshit detector always on and are harshly honest, no flattery, no padding, no side intentions and playing games. Does not make you plays well with others kind of kid. Gifted have their own inner compass and tend to be perfectionist (still the product is far, far away from their internal idea). (To Axl: people who grew up in volatile, unstable, abusive environment, have heightened sense for other people`s emotions and intentions per se, since they keep wits because they can be hurt in very next moment from clear sky; may go with permanent alertness and overreacting. Also mood swings are more "normal" to them because it`s what they grew up with).

Other which imitates autism/asperger: People with high intelligence and empathy (it works as tandem, each solely is not that powerful and more crippling) have buzzing minds and they are strongly perceptive, they get all the detail normal people don`t and it`s exhausting. Nothing is of lesser importance. So they are often alone to hear themselves and relief their mind and emotions. They can behave oddly or throw tantrum just because of being overwhelmed (also with internal stimuli). They can focus on a detail to explore it, but it`s just a piece in big picture (or glimpse of fascination which needs to be absorbed and enjoyed, they are tireless observers. They can focus or daydream ferociously), not isolated, narrow interest, "loop obsessed" like Aspies. Gifed are bored with routine, aspies demand it.

Aspies can imitate lack of understanding of mimics/body talk by mannerism; usually they are stiff and have limited ability of body-talk. They can`t or have difficulties with mimicking. Gifted have good body-talk, smooth moves, acting and mimicking abilities - and great sense of humor. They express themselves greatly with art. Aspies think literally, they can be annoyingly scientifically precise, the don`t get jokes, irony, sarcasm or abstract patterns. Their speech is robotic or has inappropriate cadence.

Third to share some signs is ADD.

That`s it - in a nutshell.

Yes,as said you autist not understand jokes or sarcasm , they are very schematic, ths not apply Axl, he is very sarcastic .

36 minutes ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

The GNR super fans got an invite as well apparently... Tako and think the lady to the right is called Margot? They must know people in the inner circle for sure..

catching on all the stuff I’ve missed...:ph34r:

Yes is Margott.

@Alja I agree with you that Axl has certain artistic gift, for me, he is excellent musician and songwriter, but nothing more....he has en extremely charismatic presence...but he is not The Second Coming.

Certainly all his life he has shown certain behaviour that question his mental health, if he was prescribed Lithium....means that a psychiatrist saw him and prescribe the medicine......based in all of the things that you had read it, and more in the level of speculation, what is your opinion about it? and left aside the genius thing, which I not believe it.

Noooooooooooooooo please, not again this thing about Axl's mental health!!!! :facepalm:

No one here is a doctor so I don't wanna read your BS opinions on what he has. Leave him alone.

He for sure is under control, either by his own doc and TB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

The GNR super fans got an invite as well apparently... Tako and think the lady to the right is called Margot? They must know people in the inner circle for sure..

catching on all the stuff I’ve missed...:ph34r:

Also catching up on stuff. Been a busy week.

The super fans pop up again... Well, at least Duff didn't tweet about it. :jerkoff: