GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

Lol, it looks like Tako is back at her "I hate Axl" self. And stronger than ever :lol:. Only one photo of him from the last two shows, and it's because of Pink. Hadn't she been there, Tako wouldn't have bothered taking a pic of him. Her big three includes Slash, Duff and Fortus. Even Frank gets more photos than the frontman of the band. :rofl-lol:

(not to mention that whenever he appears in front of her camera while she's taking a video she immediately turns it aside:hahafyou:)

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Lol, it looks like Tako is back at her "I hate Axl" self. And stronger than ever :lol:. Only one photo of him from the last two shows, and it's because of Pink. Hadn't she been there, Tako wouldn't have bothered taking a pic of him. Her big three includes Slash, Duff and Fortus. Even Frank gets more photos than the frontman of the band. :rofl-lol:

(not to mention that whenever he appears in front of her camera while she's taking a video she immediately turns it aside:hahafyou:)

Poor Tako :lol: Axl must have upset her, she must be a very sensitive woman. Wonder what what he did or didn't do, any ideas?

Has anyone seen Classless Act's latest IG photo?  I don't now how to post it here.  Boys are finding their style.  Must bring back memories for Slash. lol  They're looking pretty good too - no badly applied make up, or ruffled lace collars to be seen. :lol: Animal print seems to be their thing.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 2

Thinking about it, imagine having Slash as your dad?  Like...it's Slash.  London will never go through the embarrassing parent stage. And also, does he watch YT vids of his dad doing all his drunken, drug induced things and what does he think? lol  Does he ask his Dad, what the fuck were you doing to Duff that time?  What the fuck were you doing with Axl at the Roxy?  Dad, what really went on with you and Axl? :facepalm:  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Andy14 said:
  1. Slash got nearly scalped thanks to Axl's bracelet.
  2. Pink incident. 
  3. Axl paying too much attention to Slash.
  4. Axl paying no attention to Slash.
  5. He's Axl.

I'm sure Axl is deeply hurt and is crying in the corner right now. And I'm also sure that from now on Tako will post tons of Axl pics just to show what an idiot I am. :rofl-lol: (just like when I once "complained" about Axl tweeting without emojis, as soon as I clicked on the submit button, he posted a tweet with many emojis in it :shrugs:)

She just shared a video of him :lol:

• Haha 3

Thank you @Tori72 for clarifying and I'm glad that we agree that the tone in which such matters are discussed makes a big difference.

And yes, the pun was very much intended. :lol: 

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

On the 2010 tour Axl was constantly out partying and drinking, he even went on that huge bender in New York that lasted something like two or three weeks?? Anyway, he was always seen out drinking. 

Pretty much the same in 2012 but not as much. 

Im not sure about other years or legs of tours from that time period until 2014 because I only remember the times around the European dates and of course the New York thing.

I think it was obvious he drank a lot then and in some shows he would fall over easily and forget a lot of lyrics and just look not with it (I think this might've been more towards 2013-2014) He also got some nasty drunken injuries, I'm pretty sure he said he'd done something terrible to his collarbone in a 2010 show.

The shows I went to only one was disappointing (in 2012) and that had a lot to do with the acoustics of the arena being awful. I saw him a week later and out of all the times I've heard him sing Manchester 2012 is my favourite. So it didn't really affect any of the shows I went to. 

This tour he has been seen at breakfast drinking tea as many times as out partying. So I'm not too sure about the alcohol thing.  Unless he just drinks in private with Beta. 

Just wanted to add that he was quite the "party animal" in 2006 as well. As far as excessive drinking to the point of alcoholism goes, we only know of Axl being drunk during night outs and possibly during some shows. I'm not sure that's enough to conclusively highlight alcohol as a problem.

3 hours ago, Alja said:

He`s got male type of fat storage - "apple". Which means no serious fat on ass and extremities until really obese. Mostly genes.

All I'll say on this is that it seems like Axl was aware for most of his life. During the infamous interview with Kurt Loder in '91 Axl eluded to this when he said:- 

"... majority of the band at that time. Or too much alcohol or too much something. Me? I was eating too much, or whatever, and just sitting on my ass too much."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zoot said:

Tako creeps me out. With travel, hotels + tickets that woman has to of spent over $50k following the tour around. She's like a stalker that gets away with it because she's rich. It's weird. :nervous:

I don't believe those fans pay all for themselves at least in this tour. I think that probably their tickets are given away by the band because, look, Tako said she couldn't make it to Argentina show and she missed the special pick design for that one, so someone from the crew gave it to her.... How? :shrugs:

They are obviously in contact with TB and it feels like all of it is arranged more or less so that people like her are always front row, at the rail, get picks and even VIP packages in most legs of the tour.

I think it's impossible that someone who works, even independently or as a freelancer, can get away with traveling so much instead of being at their place taking care of their job.

Working on your own is even harder than being employed for someone else. After all, you just show up there on working hours and that's it. But when you are on your own you have to do a lot more than just your work and that requires presence, attention, dealing with clients and being available.

How would you make money and take care of your clients or your duties if you are following a rock band for 2 years all around the globe?

At this point, I don't believe neither of them does it for free or fund themselves. They have to be funded by the band. It is not possible that they are not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I don't believe those fans pay all for themselves at least in this tour. I think that probably their tickets are given away by the band because, look, Tako said she couldn't make it to Argentina show and she missed the special pick design for that one, so someone from the crew gave it to her.... How? :shrugs:

They are obviously in contact with TB and it feels like all of it is arranged more or less so that people like her are always front row, at the rail, get picks and even VIP packages in most legs of the tour.

I think it's impossible that someone who works, even independently or as a freelancer, can get away with traveling so much instead of being at their place taking care of their job.

Working on your own is even harder than being employed for someone else. After all, you just show up there on working hours and that's it. But when you are on your own you have to do a lot more than just your work and that requires presence, attention, dealing with clients and being available.

How would you make money and take care of your clients or your duties if you are following a rock band for 2 years all around the globe?

At this point, I don't believe neither of them does it for free or fund themselves. They have to be funded by the band. It is not possible that they are not.

Some people have insane passive income. It`s difficult to imagine, if you have worked hard for every buck you (or your family) ever got, but they do exist. Sometimes they work as a hobby and money they get is pocket money, but they definitely aren`t dependent on it. Some people were born with golden spoon, some were clever enough to get their lives fixed by this.

If you follow the band so intense, staff will recognize you sooner or later and if you make good PR (they like to be recognized and treated as important and they will reward), you`ll get your spot, picks and stuff.

I don`t follow social media, but someone posted huge amount of Tako`s photos in another thread and all I felt was being sorry for her. Effort made and photo quality does not correspond so much that I just felt amazed how this is possible after all that shows seen - and I felt sorry. If I was band manager, I would pick another wannabe with better photographic eye to finance. 

I also have no clue why, if she has enough money for following the band, she didn`t buy a quality compact.

Edited by Alja

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think you are right. nobody who has a job can afford to be away all the time. 

friends of mine have their own company and independant work and yes they earn more than me but they have less leisure time at their disposal.

Have no idea how tako or margot do it. And as soon as they have a kid the story is over and they will see only a few shows a year like us..

11 hours ago, Alja said:

He`s got male type of fat storage - "apple". Which means no serious fat on ass and extremities until really obese. Mostly genes. Nice surprise is that with this type usually men have bony ass and thin legs, but luckily not all.

large.jpg

(Visible even in `91, focus on chest and shoulders, ladies)

My favorite hiking companion is lady born in 1962, who is really fit, does more exercise than me and is middle age widespread.

Axl is in limelight, he is the poster boy of the band, the exposed one, everyone judges his appearance.

I'm looking at Axl's, um, thighs here. 

Can we talk about the restaurant Slash, Meegan, and the McKagans went to last night? I saw videos and pictures from that on Instagram and Duff looked like he'd rather be anywhere else but there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Those three were all barely dressed in shorts.. meanwhile

IMG_5113.JPG.096b6b1dc4595c2943f8c94685a3bfea.JPG

Izzy looked like he was freezing cold! :lol:

He embodied so much cool.

6 hours ago, Zoot said:

Tako creeps me out. With travel, hotels + tickets that woman has to of spent over $50k following the tour around. She's like a stalker that gets away with it because she's rich. It's weird. :nervous:

I want to know why on Earth she wants to go see the same show over and over and always be right up front. It's fine to go a few times but she's been to pretty much every show this year. Lucky her I guess. I wish I had that kind of resources and free time...

16 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Can we talk about the restaurant Slash, Meegan, and the McKagans went to last night? I saw videos and pictures from that on Instagram and Duff looked like he'd rather be anywhere else but there.

I bet Slash picked that restaurant. I loved the little video of him not wanting to do the YMCA and Grace is trying to show him what to do. I always enjoy seeing Slash and Duff and all their families hanging out together. For Grace and Mae and the other kids Slash isn't some rock god deity, he's just Uncle Slash. They hang out and he probably tells dirty jokes or something.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think you're right. I never thought of it that way and considering how many other people they let in for free, I guess one more doesn't faze them.

11 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I want to know why on Earth she wants to go see the same show over and over and always be right up front. It's fine to go a few times but she's been to pretty much every show this year. Lucky her I guess. I wish I had that kind of resources and free time...

It's not just the GNR shows. She's been following Slash's solo career for years as well. Maybe she's got a rich husband or something and doesn't work?

Edited by Zoot

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

She even went to that creepy dudes shop opening and talked to Duff, didn't get to talk to Slash. 

Weird that she follows them everywhere even when they aren't doing a show. I couldn't be arsed with all that. I'm a shite fan I am. 

I live in the same corner of the world as Duff and honestly I would avoid him if I met him. Or I'd be friendly by greeting him and that's it. I am not a people person at all and avoid the human species as much as possible.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I thought that was hilarious when I saw him not even trying to hide his  thoughts on it all. Ace :lol:

I agree with Duff's thoughts on it and I like horror stuff. Of course I'm not an obsessive fan over horror like Slash, Meegan, and Duff's girls are though. *Shrug*

If I'm rambling over stupid shit, I apologize. I'm tired and I spent six plus hours sitting on hard benches at an ice rink watching the Pacific Northwest's figure skating championships today in my area.