GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

1. genetics plays a huge role in how you age which is not to say that diet and lifestyle factors aren't also important.  2. I think I speak for the *cough* older ladies here when I say that of course you don't have lines - you're in your 30s. :lol: 

I look back at photos of myself when I was in my 30s - even after I'd had my first child - and I look sooooooo youthful.  My skin was dewy.  My hair was shiny.  I looked like I got plenty of sleep. LOL  Ack! Now?  Jeez...let's just say that even with healthy diet, no smoking, minimal drinking, and using a brilliant skincare product I swear by - I have lines for sure.  And talk about grey hair!!! I dye it but holy heck is that hair greying fast.  :wow: All sorts of things start kicking off in the ageing process once in your 40s, let me tell you.  @janrichmond please tell me it all slows down once you're in your 50s. lol

Erin seems to look exactly the same as in her youth, but Stephanie-- not really. I mean Stephanie' nose got lil bit longer, and her The facial features have been sharpened.

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

It's not really expensive cremes. I look quite young too and I never used anything expensive. I always took care of my skin, I had to, it's quite problematic. It's rather oily etc. So nowadays the problematic skin pays off because I have no wrinkles, no lines etc. Also, I never smoked or drank, never did any drugs, never sunbathed since I'm 17. That does help skin to maintain some firmness. I can tell I look much older from 10 years ago. But usually people think I'm about 8-10 years younger. I admit that makes me happy in my day and age now. :P But it also means to just take care of yourself, no need for expensive stuff. ;) 

how exactly your skincare routine looks like? I have extremly oily skin...

about eye wrinkles- in my case Im not sure if the way I aplly my eyecream is correct.

Well bloody hell, looks like I'm the only one here that's got lines and greying hair and all the rest of it.  If ever we have a MyGNRforum ladies meet up, you're all going to freak out at how much of a grandma I'll look compared to the rest of you. :lol:  I'll have to tie a flannel around my waist and try and pass myself off as Axl.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Politania said:

about eye wrinkles- in my case Im not sure if the way I aplly my eyecream is correct.

Sweetie, with oily skin you'll be on the safe side regarding wrinkles anyway. ;) I use skin care stuff I buy at the pharmacy. Right now I use La Roche-Posay. I used their line since I was in my twienties, but also changed to products from Vichy. So now it's La Roche Posay Effaclar as washing lotion and Effaclar H as day cream. I use an eye serum from a supermarket discounter, I'm so not a glamour girl it sucks. :lol: Just anything that moisturizes the eye area and feels good. After @killuridols post I'm thinking to not be so frugal and do something for my eyes until it's too late. :lol: If you use Make-up, that's also important. Just use everything that is without oil and preferably is made for oily skin.  

la-roche-posay-9131.jpg

la-roche-posay-6666.jpg

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Well bloody hell, looks like I'm the only one here that's got lines and greying hair and all the rest of it.  If ever we have a MyGNRforum ladies meet up, you're all going to freak out at how much of a grandma I'll look compared to the rest of you. :lol:  I'll have to tie a flannel around my waist and try and pass myself off as Axl.

Dearie, I do have greying hair but I dye it. :P I'm sure you look lovely and not at all like Axl!!!! :bitchfight:

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Sweetie, with oily skin you'll be on the safe side regarding wrinkles anyway. ;) I use skin care stuff I buy at the pharmacy. Right now I use La Roche-Posay. I used their line since I was in my twienties, but also changed to products from Vichy. So now it's La Roche Posay Effaclar as washing lotion and Effaclar H as day cream. I use an eye serum from a supermarket discounter, I'm so not a glamour girl it sucks. :lol: Just anything that moisturizes the eye area and feels good. After @killuridols post I'm thinking to not be so frugal and do something for my eyes until it's too late. :lol: If you use Make-up, that's also important. Just use everything that is without oil and preferably is made for oily skin.  

thank you Honey <3

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

1. genetics plays a huge role in how you age which is not to say that diet and lifestyle factors aren't also important.  2. I think I speak for the *cough* older ladies here when I say that of course you don't have lines - you're in your 30s. :lol: 

I look back at photos of myself when I was in my 30s - even after I'd had my first child - and I look sooooooo youthful.  My skin was dewy.  My hair was shiny.  I looked like I got plenty of sleep. LOL  Ack! Now?  Jeez...let's just say that even with healthy diet, no smoking, minimal drinking, and using a brilliant skincare product I swear by - I have lines for sure.  And talk about grey hair!!! I dye it but holy heck is that hair greying fast.  :wow: All sorts of things start kicking off in the ageing process once in your 40s, let me tell you.  @janrichmond please tell me it all slows down once you're in your 50s. lol

Of course aging is a process that doesnt stop for anyone and maybe it is slower for some people but it catches us all at some point :cry:

I agree that the way you age is related to many different factors: one of them is genetics and race. As a latin woman, my skin is not so thin and fragile like a caucasian. I compare myself in my age now and Axl when he was my age and he looked like my dad, looool.

But also, comparing to some other women my age, I've been winning because they have lots of lines around the eyes and some in the forehead. Again, I'm a childless woman and that plays a part of aging faster, as well as smoking and drinking.

About grey hair, damn, Im not winning in that department :max:... I've started with that shit in my early 30's.... but I've been dying my hair since I was 16 so it never got so bad, although now I noticed its become a little bit more problematic.

5 minutes ago, Politania said:

I have awful oily skin too and been battling it my whole life :bitchfight:

The key is to perform a cleansing every morning and every night. It is a fucking DRAG but you must do it. The reason for oily is because the skin is dehydrated. You need to hydrate it constantly and also drink a lot of water yourself.

A cleansing routine must include washing your face with soap special for oily skin, then using a tonic (also for oily skin and alcohol-free), then put a serum moisturizer.

After that, apply your facial cream (could be antiaging one) and the eye cream. The last one you have to apply just a little bit, with your pinky finger, and rub it under your eye area (the bags) and also in the upper lid. Don't rub too much, just let it act on itself.

• Like 2

Just my two cents: the wrinkle thing has more to do with genetics than age or skin type. I'm in my 20's and I sure as hell can see some baby wrinkles around my eyes. I'm still fighting fuckin acne, so I have oily skin, my face skin is obviously firm, but the wrinkles are very much there already. I should start putting some eye cream maybe, but my budget is not that big as I spend tons of money on anti-acne products at the pharmacy. So, see, my skin sucks and I envy you all that don't have wrinkles or acne or both at the same time :P 

P.S. I love this thread and this convos :hug:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Asia said:

People are seriously criticising Axl's sister because she's not using expensive eye creams that would make her look 15 years younger than she is? Accusing her of not taking care of herself? Maybe she has a happy and fulfilled life and doesn't give a shit about whether someone on the street will complement her for looking younger or not? Maybe there are other things in her life that are far more important than her skin around the eyes? And these talk is coming from the supposedly most devoted feminists? LOL

Btw, she looks normal and fine for her age.

NJGJ4_s-200x150.gif

:rofl-lol:

And FYI, being a FEMINIST doesn't mean that you have to be UGLY, non-feminine or stop taking a shower :kiss:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

After that, apply your facial cream (could be antiaging one) and the eye cream. The last one you have to apply just a little bit, with your pinky finger, and rub it under your eye area (the bags) and also in the upper lid. Don't rub too much, just let it act on itself.

Please tell me the difference between a serum moisturizer and a daily cream. I mean it, I thought those things just were an alternative to each other?

Ah, and @MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle the difference from myself before my kids and now is horrific. My eldest is 7, but speaking from the fotos of myself, the age difference is more than 10 years. For real. Kids just make you age rapidly. It's quite astonishing. Also their dad looks soooo much younger shortly before birth1. It's quite a laugh. Sleeplessness is such a drag from hell. 

@dgnr: I did thing I developed wrinkles in my 20s, too. Never happend. I'm pretty sure you're on the safe side too. Acne is a fucking drag too and I know what you're talking about. It'll pay off later though ;) and it sort of vanishes after late 20s. So yay for your 30s! :D 

Edited by Tori72

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

Just my two cents: the wrinkle thing has more to do with genetics than age or skin type. I'm in my 20's and I sure as hell can see some baby wrinkles around my eyes. I'm still fighting fuckin acne, so I have oily skin, my face skin is obviously firm, but the wrinkles are very much there already. I should start putting some eye cream maybe, but my budget is not that big as I spend tons of money on anti-acne products at the pharmacy. So, see, my skin sucks and I envy you all that don't have wrinkles or acne or both at the same time :P 

P.S. I love this thread and this convos :hug:

Yes, the eye area is really thin skin and it is the first to suffer the process of aging. That's why you need to take care of  it but most women are not worried about it or leave it for later, then the wrinkles catch them when its too late.

You don't need something very expensive when it comes to eye cream, specially if you are in your 20's, your creams should not be that expensive. I understand acne is a fuckin' pest... I never had it but I know of people who have had to battle it their whole life and the treatments for it are very expensive, unfortunately.

----

Here's a routine for washing your faces... This one goes for you too @Politania

8d59bfe76dc9feef401967b2571ebe9f.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Please tell me the difference between a serum moisturizer and a daily cream. I mean it, I thought those things just were an alternative to each other?

The serum or moisturizer is a product basically designed to hydrate your oily or dry skin. It looks like a gel, very light, it is usually transparent and made of watery components.

It is not an alternative if you have oily skin but you could find a cream that also has a hydrating component.

The daily cream is basically anti-aging and the texture is more "creamy", thick. You can avoid it while you're young but if you want to treat the first wrinkles, then you have to add it to your routine after you've done all the cleansing process.

Unfortunately, the serum adds up to the budget and the whole thing becomes expensive. I think it is a matter of weighing out what your skin is needing the most in your age. If you are, let's say 45+, then you can't avoid using an anti-age cream :shrugs: so, if your budget is tight, maybe the serum will have to wait or use it only once a day.

I try to balance the price of my products and put more money in what Im needing the most right now, which is to control my oily skin, so I buy an anti-age cream that is not so expensive ATM.

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

The serum or moisturizer is a product basically designed to hydrate your oily or dry skin. It looks like a gel, very light, it is usually transparent and made of watery components.

It is not an alternative if you have oily skin but you could find a cream that also has a hydrating component.

The daily cream is basically anti-aging and the texture is more "creamy", thick. You can avoid it while you're young but if you want to treat the first wrinkles, then you have to add it to your routine after you've done all the cleansing process.

Unfortunately, the serum adds up to the budget and the whole thing becomes expensive. I think it is a matter of weighing out what your skin is needing the most in your age. If you are, let's say 45+, then you can't avoid using an anti-age cream :shrugs: so, if your budget is tight, maybe the serum will have to wait or use it only once a day.

I try to balance the price of my products and put more money in what Im needing the most right now, which is to control my oily skin, so I buy an anti-age cream that is not so expensive ATM.

Hello group, I am 45 years old and I never used a serum. Only daily cream for oily skin. I never used anti-age cream because it is too rich for my skin and I'm scared of possible pimples. Yeah. those things form puberty. I probably need to change my life. Thank you, this is my first day here.

:lol: :rofl-lol: 

Seriously, I'll go and check what anti-aging stuff La Roche Posay is offering tomorrow ...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Hello group, I am 45 years old and I never used a serum. Only daily cream for oily skin. I never used anti-age cream because it is too rich for my skin and I'm scared of possible pimples. Yeah. those things form puberty. I probably need to change my life. Thank you, this is my first day here.

:lol: :rofl-lol: 

Seriously, I'll go and check what anti-aging stuff La Roche Posay is offering tomorrow ...

:lol:

Well, it all depends on your needs... You say you dont have wrinkles so maybe what you could do is find an anti-age cream for the NIGHT and keep applying the cream for oily skin during the day.

If you can go to a place and have a talk with a skin expert they could recommend you the best product for your age and type of skin. Remember you must tell the person that you have oily skin.

When I went to Chile to see GN'R, I took time to go to the mall and had a skin diagnose performed, also a skin cleansing with special products.

It is cool to do that once in a while because you see a cosmetician and they will show you different products, even give you free samples.

Hi to all you greying wrinklies :lol:

I think i have some grey hairs because they are a different texture to the rest but i have dyed hair and have had since i was 14. I also have very oily skin so i haven't got bad wrinkles. My mate who is my age always had

dry skin (which i envied when we were teens as she never got spots/acne) but she looks about 10 years older than me now ;) the worst thing about ageing is THE MENOPAUSE it fucking sucks balls :max: i got fat and a bit grumpy and then there's the hot flushes

which are horrible.

But hey! i'm still alive!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

I think i have some grey hairs because they are a different texture to the rest but i have dyed hair and have had since i was 14. I also have very oily skin so i haven't got bad wrinkles. My mate who is my age always had

dry skin (which i envied when we were teens as she never got spots/acne) but she looks about 10 years older than me now ;) the worst thing about ageing is THE MENOPAUSE it fucking sucks balls :max: i got fat and a bit grumpy and then there's the hot flushes

which are horrible.

OMG the menopause! :wow: When did it start? 

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

OMG the menopause! :wow: When did it start? 

late 40's and still going now and i'm fifty two :facepalm: 

Some go through it with no issues at all, another mate wanted another baby when she was about 38 and she couldn't get pregnant so she went to her Dr who run some tests and told her she had had her menopause, she never had periods because of her contraception so never realised anything happening to her!

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

which are horrible.

:rofl-lol:

I've heard about the menopause too and it seems to be some kind of hell no one wants to go through :confused:............

How come we have to put up with periods for most part of our lives and then with them leaving a mess of us when they are gone??:bitchfight:

Not fair :no:

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

late 40's and still going now and i'm fifty two :facepalm: 

Some go through it with no issues at all, another mate wanted another baby when she was about 38 and she couldn't get pregnant so she went to her Dr who run some tests and told her she had had her menopause, she never had periods because of her contraception so never realised anything happening to her!

A person I know also told me she got her menopause at 38!! :wow: and thats why she couldnt have another baby.

Now she suffers from osteoporosis and a lot of other diseases related to the lack of period :facepalm:

Edit: WAIT...  what you mean she never had periods because of her contraception? :suspicious:

Edited by killuridols

Ya know, in all honesty about 80% of the time I could not give a shit about what I look like. I mean, I care a lot about my health and physical fitness but I have stopped caring whether I 'look good' or 'young' or whatever. Because I realised something during high-school; it's all about genetics. I wasn't born fabulously (or even averagely) attractive and trying to make it seem like I am is soooo fuckin tiring and time consuming!

So in my opinion (not that anyone asked) the hierarchy of things that affect how you look as you age goes thusly...

Genetics > diet/lifestyle > cosmetics

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

@dgnr: I did thing I developed wrinkles in my 20s, too. Never happend. I'm pretty sure you're on the safe side too. Acne is a fucking drag too and I know what you're talking about. It'll pay off later though ;) and it sort of vanishes after late 20s. So yay for your 30s! :D 

32 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I think i have some grey hairs because they are a different texture to the rest but i have dyed hair and have had since i was 14. I also have very oily skin so i haven't got bad wrinkles. My mate who is my age always haddry skin (which i envied when we were teens as she never got spots/acne) but she looks about 10 years older than me now ;) 

Thank you to both of you! I now look at the huge pimple that popped up during last night on the skin between my nose and my mouth, and all the others that don't leave my chin and forehead as much as I try, and I feel a little bit better :hug:I'm trusting you, no wrinkles' goddesses, that acne will keep the wrinkles away from me. I'll be back here in 15 years to talk about wrinkles again, so you better be right :max:

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Yes, the eye area is really thin skin and it is the first to suffer the process of aging. That's why you need to take care of  it but most women are not worried about it or leave it for later, then the wrinkles catch them when its too late.

You don't need something very expensive when it comes to eye cream, specially if you are in your 20's, your creams should not be that expensive. I understand acne is a fuckin' pest... I never had it but I know of people who have had to battle it their whole life and the treatments for it are very expensive, unfortunately.

To be honest I never asked for any cream for the wrinkles, cause I always think that the lady at the pharmacy, who knows me since I was a little kid, will look at me and say 'Dude, you still have pimples on your face, there's no wrinkles there, you're just paranoid' haha My mother is in her late 40's and I once tried her night eye cream. Guess it wasn't very intelligent, cause my skin immediately started to itch as if I putted bleach on it and I had to clean my face right away :P Thanks for the advices :hug:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Ya know, in all honesty about 80% of the time I could not give a shit about what I look like. I mean, I care a lot about my health and physical fitness but I have stopped caring whether I 'look good' or 'young' or whatever. Because I realised something during high-school; it's all about genetics. I wasn't born fabulously (or even averagely) attractive and trying to make it seem like I am is soooo fuckin tiring and time consuming!

So in my opinion (not that anyone asked) the hierarchy of things that affect how you look as you age goes thusly...

Genetics > diet/lifestyle > cosmetics

I think there's an error of concept and I'm not trying to discredit what you say here but this is somewhat like saying that being fat is not bad because it is just a superficial thing. We all know it is not... I mean, yes, you can have some extra pounds and nothing happens, but when you dont control what you eat you may end up obese and obesity IT IS  a disease and sooner or later it will affect your health.

The skin is an organ, our biggest and largest organ. It is alive and it covers our body, it protects our bones and all of our internal organs. So skin IS IMPORTANT and taking care of it has nothing to do with being vain or shallow.

Not for nothing when a person gets burned, they suffer a lot of pain and living with burnt skin is one of the worst things ever, as well as having skin cancer. Therefore, a minimum care is needed, even if its just for the future when you reach an old age, your skin hurts and gets easily damaged because of dryness.

Skin tells a lot about your health in general so I'm sorry but I don't consider it a stupid thing to disregard only because media makes it look like only beautiful people, models and Hollywood actresses are the ones who must take care of it while the rest has to be condemned to skin problems.

I dont think no one here is trying to look like a model or anything.... At least I know I am not and I'm far from ever resembling one but man, we've got only one body and it is a whole thing, skin included :shrugs:

11 minutes ago, dgnr said:

To be honest I never asked for any cream for the wrinkles, cause I always think that the lady at the pharmacy, who knows me since I was a little kid, will look at me and say 'Dude, you still have pimples on your face, there's no wrinkles there, you're just paranoid' haha

In your 20's you dont need a cream for wrinkles yet but since you have oily skin, you need a hydrating cream or serum that will keep the oily controlled for some hours and maybe give battle to that awful acne as well ;)

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

yes! She had the contraceptive injection which made her periods really light then they went completely. I tried it but it didn't do that to me :shrugs:

Oh wow....

Yes, the injection is way stronger than pills, I think.

I never had that... was scared of it. I've always taken pills but I quit them a couple of years ago because I dont trust them and as Im heading to my 40's I didnt want to deal with the side effects they bring.

Edited by killuridols

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I never had that... was scared of it. I've always taken pills but I quit them a couple of years ago because I dont trust them and as Im heading to my 40's I didnt want to deal with the side effects they bring.

I'm not bothered about injections at all but bloody hell when the Dr jabbed it in my arse cheek it was painful! i think i swore when she did it :o I still have a coil fitted so i'm safe from being a old pregnant lady :lol: